Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• February 23, 2019, 06:45:53 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85

Author Topic: Last Map you Played  (Read 189586 times)

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Last Map you Played
« Reply #1245 on: May 06, 2009, 06:11:42 AM »
Interesting, he did some of the best dukemaps ever, and some only took him two weeks.

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1246 on: June 06, 2009, 09:53:51 PM »
Just played The Chronic Level 2. It's a pretty fun little 5-minute map even if it has some flaws. The city area was alright, there were some weird texture choices on the little wooden fences surrounding the buildings and there was a lack of shading but it was fun to walk around in there and blast aliens.

The first really really short hi-tech area looked the best IMO, that hallway after the first teleporter had some good trimming and textures.

The underwater maze was a bit too bright, but I guess darkness combined with limited time before you start to lose health would be frustrating - that and the open ended nature of it is why there should've been a Scuba Gear. When I resurfaced to what was apparently the next part of the map (with a fun battle, mind you) I wanted to go back and explore some more but then thought better of it when I realized I'd have to quickly look for a new surface again.

The little canyon area looked good and like I said before the fight in it was big fun.

The hi-tech area after that could use some more work. The warehouse was disturbingly small (why was there a warehouse there anyway?), the toilet area was too small as well with me having to jump over the doors to get to the toilets (I hope no location like that exists IRL) and the vents at the end were pretty pointless. They would've been alright if there were an actual episode but since there is not they shouldn't have been there yet, it might have been better to add them in when it's fully released as an episode. Right now it just feels kindof weird.

New pistol art was strange at first but I got used to it pretty quickly. It might be a bit too far positioned to the left but I'm not a gun expert.

Anyway so I had fun despite its flaws and I've gotta say I actually find something appealing about this design that some might call "shitty". I'm not sure why. Maybe it just feels more personal, maybe it's more fun to play a map by a guy that makes you think "Oh this is cute, this is how we started off as well" as opposed to the usual excellent maps made by godlike Builders that dominate the mapping scene today. I think maps like these with 'lacking' design and shading still have a place to remind us that not everything needs to meet high Build quality standards to be fun.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 09:55:59 PM by Sang »
"heh, a sidenote, IŽd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonŽt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: June 06, 2009, 10:50:18 PM »
The first really really short hi-tech area looked the best IMO, that hallway after the first teleporter had some good trimming and textures.

Eh, the area has just two sectors: the teleport room and the hallway. The teleport room has no details at all, ceiling in the hallway is too low and those black trims around lights look stupid.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1248 on: June 06, 2009, 10:56:21 PM »
Still you rated it above eighty :P

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1249 on: June 06, 2009, 11:20:59 PM »

Eh, the area has just two sectors: the teleport room and the hallway. The teleport room has no details at all, ceiling in the hallway is too low and those black trims around lights look stupid.

It was random but I could live with that in a little fun map like this. I'm just looking at the areas that are actually present. While that part was shorter I did feel it looked better than the city area overall (despite the things you mentioned that didn't really bother me)
"heh, a sidenote, IŽd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonŽt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

PencilPusher93

• "Kiss my shiny metal ass."
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1250 on: June 30, 2009, 10:25:47 PM »
Dukeacide, by Mikko Sandt. Made a playthrough of the map and am going to upload it to YouTube later.

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1251 on: July 01, 2009, 06:45:31 AM »
Dukeacide, by Mikko Sandt. Made a playthrough of the map and am going to upload it to YouTube later.

Post a link here when you do.  I might want to include it here:  http://deeperthought.dukertcm.com/dp/DPLevels.html
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

CryptoproctaFerox

• AMC TC member/guest
  • Death is among us
    • MSN Messenger - zaxtor2001@yahoo.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Zaxtor+Znort
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zaxtor2001
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1252 on: July 06, 2009, 11:06:36 PM »
Last maps I played within lastnight and few days ago were.

HXC98 BASE (took over 104 minutes to finish it)
ARIAL TUBES (E5L4 in my mod)
OBLIVION'S STATUS. {FINISHED}..
Current status RELEASED
http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx?/hst/m/s/msandt/oblivionfinal.zip .

BTW  My website about the fossa at:
Fossa's Lair  and
My second site about fireworks at:
The Bomb Baron'

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1253 on: July 07, 2009, 06:34:35 AM »
Just played The Chronic episode. Gameplay was fun as is usually the case in Duke maps but apart from that it's a pretty typical pack of amateuristic maps. (excluding the first map which as we all know looks pretty good, perhaps because of Eddy Zykov, perhaps because of LeBuild)

I've already said my thoughts on the previously released first and second maps and I still feel largely the same way so I won't repeat all of that. I only have to change my opinion on the second map, this time around I actually wished the map was over after the city part. Not because I suddenly find the hi-tech areas to look like complete shit but because I had spent quite a bit of time in that map already and I felt like it was time for a new one.

So, Map 3 is called "Tunnel" and it's just a short, uneventful map with some empty first areas. After that there are a few bugs like incorrect water transports, missing door sounds and non-working security monitors, though nothing that's really showstopping. Most of the map, unlike what the name suggests, does not take place in a tunnel but in a building with some really inconsistent themes.. First it's a one-room store room, then it's a one-room slime processing plant, then it's a sewer... can't even remember what happened after that.

Map 4 is Long Beach and the starting area actually looks pretty cool. Then there are some indoor areas with tough fights that are a little bit too small for comfort. After that it's another outdoor area which looks similar to the city area in the second map, followed by another couple of tough indoor fights.

Map 5 is the Final and is kinda cool! An up-beat music starts (from that AYB remix, I think) and messages on the screen appear, urging Duke to get to the roof and stop the aliens from taking over "all our base". The bossfight itself may not seem like much, but I think the intro to it was sortof nice and the location of it is not something I've seen much (it takes place on what is supposed to be the rooftop of a building). It's a fun effect: First you kill 2 minibosses and then, I guess through CON coding, the big BattleLord spawns. It makes for a fun fight because you have a limited arsenal and the "arena" isn't that big (though with plenty of places to take cover)

Overall I'd say it was a fun pack, gameplay was mostly challenging in its own way without being frustrating and the mostly sub-par design is balanced by its shortness (I would dislike this more if it had 20 levels)

Last.fm

Eddy Zykov

• Too much vodka.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1254 on: July 08, 2009, 04:33:06 PM »
Yeah, it's AYB music on the last level, it was by idea to include this one (and AYB quotes). I like music from Zero Wing.

Glad you like the first level.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 04:35:26 PM by Eddy Zykov »

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1255 on: July 09, 2009, 06:31:49 AM »
Sanek says that the whole episode is by his own

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1256 on: July 09, 2009, 07:48:19 AM »
I think by now he won't be stupid enough to try that again.

Last.fm

Nexus

• Fight me, sneaksie coward!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1257 on: July 09, 2009, 08:09:27 AM »
Is this the guy who was around here a few years ago stealing other peoples' maps and passing them off as his own?

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1258 on: July 09, 2009, 08:30:33 AM »
Thank's for the comment's , guys !

And say to this Sang from AMC - Chronic is not by me & zykov , chronic by me only

Oh yes  he is

Eddy Zykov

• Too much vodka.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1259 on: July 09, 2009, 02:44:30 PM »
Thank's for the comment's , guys !

And say to this Sang from AMC - Chronic is not by me & zykov , chronic by me only

Oh yes  he is

Cat't belive Sanek said that... What the hell... I helped him... and now he says it's all his own...
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top