Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• April 22, 2019, 11:17:19 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34

Author Topic: EDuke requests  (Read 121633 times)

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: EDuke requests
« Reply #480 on: November 15, 2008, 09:51:43 AM »
The only way to be sure about that is checking the game using DosBox or nolfb, thing that i canīt do because vanilla duke3d.exe asks me for a CD that i havenīt anymore.

Nancsi

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 02, 2008, 03:11:11 PM »
http://amc.planetduke.gamespy.com/smf/index.php?topic=7939.0

This should be interesting to fix... respawn palette problems, and no ingame respawn for RPVs and eggs...
Duke is framed for murder and must kill everyone to prove his innocence

moggimus

• I just work here, lady.
    • MSN Messenger - tomatosamurai@yahoo.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tomatosamurai
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #482 on: February 16, 2009, 03:14:34 PM »
MP3 playback.
"Ah, the jokes here are with galicians, jews and black people. Although everybody knows what i think about racism, the most funnies are the ones about black people." -Gambini

Cody

• Ling Ling Into Battle Go!
    • MSN Messenger - codynz3000@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #483 on: February 16, 2009, 05:00:13 PM »

XTHX2

• MSN Messenger - doruk.aksoy@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 17, 2009, 02:09:19 AM »
Quote from: DeeperThought;824759
It would not work well. For one thing, actors always shoot from their mid-point, so the trajectories would not be correct.

@XTHX2:
This was my idea but it doesn't work (this code would be for the SHOTSPARK1 sprite).

Code: [Select]

getactor[THISACTOR].htg_t 8 temp // this is the sprite that the bullet hit
   ifvarn temp -1 // it actually hit a sprite
   ifvare sprite[temp].statnum 1 // we only want to do this to actors
      ifvarvarg sprite[temp].htextra sprite[temp].extra // if the bullet is killing them
    {
         getactor[temp].cstat tempb
         ifvarand tempb 256
         {
            xorvar tempb 256 // turn off the hitscan bit so the rest of the bullets pass through
            setactor[temp].cstat tempb
          }
    }

It doesn't work because of timing problems. If you put the code in EVENT_EGS, then htg_t 8 doesn't yet hold the sprite id of what the bullet hits. If you put it in the actor code for SHOTSPARK1, then it is too late because the destination of all the bullets has already been determined. It might work if TX changed the source so that the sprite id is set in EGS.

That would be my wish :)

---HELLDUKE TC---

Maartn likes to edit his signature. I don't know why, nobody does. His doctor said " Behave good to him, it may turn out that he is back to normal someday "... Everyone is hoping that now :D

Gameplay Footage Video of my Mod.

Fox

• Pig-in-a-Dress
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #485 on: February 24, 2009, 10:21:54 PM »
Actually htg_t 8 does works, but you must put it in EVENT_GAME. It seems to not work with KNEE, but does with SHOTSPARK1.

I have used it to determine a bloodsplat for enemies being hit DooM-like, instead of a smoke anim there it spawn a blood splat.

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #486 on: February 24, 2009, 10:59:48 PM »
Actually htg_t 8 does works, but you must put it in EVENT_GAME. It seems to not work with KNEE, but does with SHOTSPARK1.

I have used it to determine a bloodsplat for enemies being hit DooM-like, instead of a smoke anim there it spawn a blood splat.

I didn't say that htg_t 8 fails to register in EVENT_GAME, what I said is that it is too late for the particular effect that he wanted.  EVENT_GAME code runs after the actor code, so if it is too late in the actor code then surely it is in EVENT_GAME as well (read my quoted post if you don't understand).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 11:01:30 PM by DeeperThought »
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

XTHX2

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 25, 2009, 02:55:42 AM »

I have done the same thing by checking what SMALLSMOKE hits and cactor'ed it to bloodsplat; but doing what I mentioned above for shotspark is hard, and perhaps that effect could be very useful in MANY mods. (This is being used in many FPS games as well)
---HELLDUKE TC---

Maartn likes to edit his signature. I don't know why, nobody does. His doctor said " Behave good to him, it may turn out that he is back to normal someday "... Everyone is hoping that now :D

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #488 on: February 25, 2009, 04:20:55 AM »

I have done the same thing by checking what SMALLSMOKE hits and cactor'ed it to bloodsplat; but doing what I mentioned above for shotspark is hard

As I was saying, I think it's currently IMPOSSIBLE (based on my tests).  It could be done in a fake way by having the victim shoot more bullets out of his back, but the results will be less than perfect.  So if someone says it's possible, they should prove it with working code and not just say "well you could try thus-and-so".
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

XTHX2

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 25, 2009, 04:37:51 AM »

I have done the same thing by checking what SMALLSMOKE hits and cactor'ed it to bloodsplat; but doing what I mentioned above for shotspark is hard

As I was saying, I think it's currently IMPOSSIBLE (based on my tests).  It could be done in a fake way by having the victim shoot more bullets out of his back, but the results will be less than perfect.  So if someone says it's possible, they should prove it with working code and not just say "well you could try thus-and-so".

Well, we fortunately have examples of that in the original game, say the trashcans or office chairs or flowers or even the glass (mask wall). It is clear that they are hard-coded, but I'm having problems with finding the part of them in the source.
---HELLDUKE TC---

Fox

• Pig-in-a-Dress
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #490 on: February 25, 2009, 11:09:30 AM »
Oh yeah, I get what you are saying. You are trying to make essecive bullets to kill an enemy pass through it.

Yeah, that would be a good feature to me too. T_T

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #491 on: February 25, 2009, 09:58:01 PM »
MP3 playback.

Hello .ogg

I wish the OGG playback thing would be built-in or something and would not require you to download OpenAL as well.. But of course that's still better than nothing :)
"heh, a sidenote, Iīd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonīt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #492 on: February 25, 2009, 10:27:35 PM »
MP3 playback.
Hello .ogg
I wish the OGG playback thing would be built-in or something and would not require you to download OpenAL as well.. But of course that's still better than nothing :)
OpenAL's not even 1mb, and it's really easy to find. I don't see the problem with it :o

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #493 on: February 25, 2009, 10:44:40 PM »
Yeah but I think that for some people it's still annoying enough.. At least include it with Eduke32 installers as an optional thing.
"heh, a sidenote, Iīd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonīt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Cody

• Ling Ling Into Battle Go!
    • MSN Messenger - codynz3000@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #494 on: February 25, 2009, 10:46:54 PM »
Some comercial games require you to have OpenAL, but it is part of the installer so I would asume that when there is a proper installer for eduke32 and not snapshots it will be part of it.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top