Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• September 21, 2017, 08:41:21 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]

Author Topic: EDuke requests  (Read 93438 times)

Revenant

• Enlightened
    • MSN Messenger - amund_deathmetal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: EDuke requests
« Reply #495 on: August 07, 2009, 04:51:37 AM »
Is it possible to fix the glitches that occurr when you make really huge sectors? What happens is that some sectors inside that sector is partially or completely clipped away from some angles. I am working on a map and always have to revert to that old backup no matter what methods I try. I know splitting sectors help, but it is not desirable in this case. Is it possible to fix this glitch in any way?

Cody

• Ling Ling Into Battle Go!
    • MSN Messenger - codynz3000@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #496 on: August 07, 2009, 07:56:26 AM »
Not really a fix per say, but I think you will if you run the map in Polymer it won't have that glitch.  :/

Revenant

• Enlightened
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #497 on: August 07, 2009, 08:20:21 AM »
I meant if there was a way to edit the source code to fix it. Clearly, it has to do with how the engine is rendering huge sectors. So that it would be possible to create these big sectors without that happening in the first place.

Eddy Zykov

• Too much vodka.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #498 on: August 07, 2009, 02:33:30 PM »
Is it possible to fix the glitches that occurr when you make really huge sectors? What happens is that some sectors inside that sector is partially or completely clipped away from some angles. I am working on a map and always have to revert to that old backup no matter what methods I try. I know splitting sectors help, but it is not desirable in this case. Is it possible to fix this glitch in any way?

I had the same problem with my Sonic 3D levels (they're TOO huge). But i don't needed to revert to that old backup, cuz Craigfatman explain to me, how to fix these glitches with help of LeBuild. It's easy.

Revenant

• Enlightened
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #499 on: August 07, 2009, 05:20:14 PM »
I had the same problem with my Sonic 3D levels (they're TOO huge). But i don't needed to revert to that old backup, cuz Craigfatman explain to me, how to fix these glitches with help of LeBuild. It's easy. 
Please explain  -_-

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 09, 2009, 12:01:23 AM »
You should just insert more vertexes on the really long walls. The latest Eduke32 snapshots come with a warning color, if your wall is a certain color then that means that you should make it shorter by adding a vertex.

Revenant

• Enlightened
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #501 on: August 09, 2009, 02:54:07 AM »
Well, I shrunk the outer boundaries of the map closer to the work area - works for now at least. I split up sectors more and add vertexes to long walls. Hopefully, we will be able to have bigger sectors and longer walls some day without all these hassles and paranoia  ^_^

Snowfall

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #502 on: June 17, 2015, 03:09:45 PM »
The only thing on my dream list to be added to Eduke is to expand that annoying wall point limit I keep hitting when making maps. Lol, I know there is the way of splitting maps, But still it is difficult to get doors to open or enemies to spawn in one map from triggers in the other.
Signature!

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #503 on: June 17, 2015, 04:04:32 PM »
It would be great, but I believe it just wouldn't be possible without having to rewrite a massive part of the engine :(
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top