Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• September 19, 2019, 03:40:13 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Resident Evil Series  (Read 13129 times)

Victor

• View Profile
Resident Evil
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2003, 05:44:18 AM »
Yeah, I got Resident Evil when it very first came out (me and my brother skipped school constantly to check if it came in yet, but it kept getting pushed back).

It seems like everyone that plays the RE series always first started by playing RE2, and then later played RE1. Which is sort of sucky because RE1 is the best (IMO) because it was....for lack of a better term....more realistic. You have the creepy mansion, and an underground lab, now that is cool (mainly the scary mansion) but RE2 was abit sucky to me compared to the first because alot of the parts were boring, and just retarded. A super huge underground lab?? A police station with tons of frickin gimicky puzzles? Sure the mansion had puzzle, which isn't all to realistic, but a police station!? Come on!!

My Favorite RE games would be

RE1 (original PSX) played the crap out of that, still do occasionally
RE1 (GC version) looks awesome and everything but still, it was abit of been there done that for the most part.
RE Code Veronica - this was great, I appreciate the fact that they admitted in an interview that Wesker was tossed in there and did infact originally die in the first RE, but they wanted to make more of a story with him. Which I liked alot more then them trying to play off like it was always planned like that.
RE2 - it just can't really compare to the others
RE3 - seemed like a rushed let down.

RE0 - I can't say as of current because I haven't played all the way through it, so far it seems abit blah, but over all it was getting enjoyable.

And now the RE Movie was just one big pile of suck. This is what happens when you switch the greatest zombie movie director ever (George Romero) with suck ass...Didn't that guy make the mortal kombat movie which sucked?? Anyways, nothing couldn't be further from the RE story line than that movie.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also had RE Survivor for PSOne..that would be ranked as the worst RE game.... Still yet to play the one of PS2..(did they release that outside of japan?)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 05:45:28 AM by Victor »
Xbox Live Gamertag: AltruismIsDead
I joined on 3-3-03 \p/

Arzca

• MSN Messenger - tesla87@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Resident Evil
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2003, 04:13:55 PM »
I've played...

Resident Evil 2 - PSX
Resident Evil - PSX
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - PSX
Resident Evil: Dino crisis - PSX

There are so many of them! I can't even remember their names, and its a long time since I've played them. My friend has Resident Evil (don't remember the full name) on PS2, Codename: Veronica, possibly? Not sure about the name....
Is there something special in this text?

Arzca

• View Profile
    • Email
Resident Evil
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2003, 03:06:18 PM »
Resident evil 3: Nemesis wasn't actuallly scary, few parts at the first time were spooky (of course, you don't know what to expect at first attempt). Those "mini games" were cool as well, played had to collect credits by completing a small level with SOME monsters (including all forms of Nemesis, if remember correctly), and there was time limit, killing monsters gives you some seconds. Those credits are meant to buy new weapons, few example you could buy a rocket launcher with infinite ammo etc.  

SoulFly

• ICQ Messenger - 133948986
    • MSN Messenger -  da.montijn@quicknet.nl
    • View Profile
Resident Evil
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2003, 07:47:40 PM »
I cant wait when ma cousin humps by for the Game cube versions:)

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Resident Evil
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2003, 08:12:23 PM »
So James, are there any new rooms in the Spencer Mansion designed specifically for the remake?
(You also played the original release for the PlayStation, right?)
Yes - there are quite a few new areas (Including a new boss monster) which are quite spooky. Underneath the stairs in the main room there is now a door - if you try & open it you can hear this 'thing' moaning behind it. It's really eerie heh heh :D

There is also a few new weapons - an Assault-shotgun (It can hold more shells than the normal shotgun) and a few others. Also - Zombies turn into Crimson heads (Pretty sure that's the name?) after a while if you don't kill them properly. These bastards are really hard to kill - I think they're harder than the Hunters to be honest.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Resident Evil
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2003, 10:19:41 PM »
The Cleaners were pretty annoying - I never found out what they actually are though. I used to think they were some kind of Hunter but if I remember right when the Cleaner dies it sort of 'deflates'? I'll have to play it again & see.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Resident Evil
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2003, 12:57:22 AM »
You know that's a pretty good theory - I'll have to check out some more stuff there (Thanks for the link)

Quakis

• MSN Messenger - quakis_962@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Resident Evil
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2003, 03:56:13 AM »
When i was fighting the boss, I always got hit (survivor), then it transform, got hit loads a times, had no health on me, but I killed it! This game is too easy!

Anyway, who finds WESKERS REPORT interesting?

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Resident Evil
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2003, 04:33:13 AM »
I read Wesker's 2nd report, and it's a good read. I'll have to check out that GameFaq page as well.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Resident Evil
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2003, 01:00:18 AM »
Good job man (y) By the way is that emulator you're using? Is it any good? (I can't seem to find a good PSX one anywhere)

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Resident Evil
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2003, 01:18:39 AM »
Alright, thanks for the link.

Quakis

• View Profile
    • Email
Resident Evil
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2003, 01:47:12 AM »
This is a screen from Resident Evil Beta.

For the people who don't know. RE 1.5 was going to be RE 2, but from what I've read/heard. They scraped it due to it being so much like RE1 or it was just the same all throughout. It had some really good  features like grenades/locking doors etc. that should of made it to Resident Evil 2
« Last Edit: December 06, 2003, 07:53:24 PM by Quakis »

Quakis

• View Profile
    • Email
Resident Evil
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2003, 05:19:24 AM »
I was remaking the Resident Evil Code Veronica Palace until we had a powercut and relising I forgot to save. I lost it :(
« Last Edit: December 06, 2003, 07:59:01 PM by Quakis »

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Resident Evil
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2003, 05:22:13 AM »
wow! one of my "friends" used RE3 Nemesis for his college books! O my god! :P

When I saw the big headed zombie sucking blood trough his hand as B. took one of his college books out of the bag while I was eating I felt like throwing up (well the last thing ain't treu, but he got RE3 nemesis on his books)
"heh, a sidenote, IŽd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonŽt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Arzca

• View Profile
    • Email
Resident Evil
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2003, 06:49:38 AM »
I've never owned any RE games, but played most of them. One reason why I don't play a lot, is the cause of confusing puzzles (what I really hate, and IMO, puzzles are confusing) Mostly playing Doom & Duke, very easy puzzles in both games.

Never got used to any kind of adventure games, such RE & Final fantasy games.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2003, 06:50:44 AM by Arzca »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top