Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• January 19, 2019, 12:50:55 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414

Author Topic: Last Game You Played  (Read 871150 times)

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
Re: Last Game You Played
« Reply #6180 on: December 02, 2018, 11:56:37 PM »
Sonic the hedgehog 3 / Sonic & knuckles

Played Mania already? It's an excellent addition to the series. I've played through it five times already.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: December 14, 2018, 05:32:18 AM »
Subscribed to that EA's Origin Access thingie for one month for 15€ just to try out BFV. Noticed I've grown out of the series; it's just frustrating and irritating 90% of the time because of all the cheap deaths that result from crossfire, crutch weapons and whatever (particularly exacerbated by some issue with the "netcode" that results in a pretty wide gap between the TTK and the TTD). Not that I'm doing bad or anything; my stats are good and I can top the scoreboard at will. But I just find myself being pissed off most of the time.

I also took the opportunity and installed Mass Effect Andromeda (as part of Origin Access). I just got my first ship and so far it's been pretty good, standard ME stuff. Haven't noticed anything wrong with the facial animations; maybe they fixed it or all that stuff on the Internet was just cherry-picked.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6182 on: December 14, 2018, 06:45:39 AM »
Been playing a bunch of AC Origins.

By now, the novelty has worn off quite a bit. It's as repetitive as previous AC games, but it's a problem here because it tries to be more like a sandbox RPG. The previous games that I've played had open cities/small places but travel between them was not so open.

Now you can also go anywhere in the countryside almost from the start which reveals how shallow AC's quests are. Literally all of them so far have been:
1) go to location
2) indicator tells you "you're in the vincinity, use the eagle to mark exact spot of your objective"
3) kill a dude and/or fetch an item
4) return to questgiver

It also frequently happens that such a quest sends me back to an enemy camp I had only JUST cleared out, but the necessary NPC/item didn't spawn until after I received the quest.

So that kind of stuff ultimately serves to discourage exploration which probably is the opposite of what they were going for. I've got half a mind now to just start chasing quests disregarding the "optional" locations that they'll send me to anyway.
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6183 on: December 15, 2018, 06:29:41 PM »
It also frequently happens that such a quest sends me back to an enemy camp I had only JUST cleared out, but the necessary NPC/item didn't spawn until after I received the quest.

Yikes, that's absolutely not the way to do it. Deus Ex was always pretty good at that, how you could accidentally stumble across the middle of side quests, or even unknowingly complete them, and the game would acknowledge you've done this and move forward accordingly.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6184 on: December 17, 2018, 04:39:26 AM »
Yep. None of that stuff here so it feels pretty basic.

I will say the main questline occasionally has some interesting moments and it definitely manages to hold my interest longer than GTA5 could. :p
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: December 17, 2018, 10:18:02 PM »
May not be true, but lately it seems the art of story-telling, user interface, and logical progression, take a back seat to lazy eye-candy.
The obvious money-grabs by AAA publishers doesn't help any. Indie games seem to be the way to go any more.

You kids get off my lawn

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6186 on: December 18, 2018, 01:52:37 AM »
Lately? People have been saying this since 2003 at least :P

Last.fm

CryptoproctaFerox

• AMC TC member/guest
  • Death is among us
    • MSN Messenger - zaxtor2001@yahoo.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Zaxtor+Znort
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zaxtor2001
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6187 on: December 18, 2018, 11:30:33 AM »
Last game I played was Little Mermaid on NES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iFUr3Z2QWs
OBLIVION'S STATUS. {FINISHED}..
Current status RELEASED
http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx?/hst/m/s/msandt/oblivionfinal.zip .

BTW  My website about the fossa at:
Fossa's Lair  and
My second site about fireworks at:
The Bomb Baron'

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: December 18, 2018, 10:07:10 PM »
True, but it really seems to be spiraling out of control with new levels of money-grabs, releasing partial games with promised updates at a later date,  and cheap copy-paste development & production short-cuts.

The market is over-saturated and companies are expected to crank out new releases every year, while keeping the prices down and stagnating progress.

Just my opinion.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: December 19, 2018, 05:28:05 AM »
Been enjoying Andromeda some more. There are some annoyances with the combat system (too cover-centric and I hate the lack of a crouch key more than I did in the previous parts) but other than that this has exceeded my low expectations. There's a shit-ton to explore, the premise gives a nice sense of purpose (finding planets and making them ripe for colonization) to all the sidequests, the planets look amazing, it's fun to drive around and the soundtrack is solid (more subdued than in the previous parts but still good). The gear upgrade system confuses me though so I haven't bothered to check it out properly yet.

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6190 on: December 19, 2018, 12:02:08 PM »
After playing some GTA 5 and having not too much to say I stick to Forge´s conclusion.

Seriously, so many things feel a step backwards compared to previous games that i can´t even seem to enjoy the good. Would the story be different if i had the time, strenght and pacience to install some gameplay-mechanics mods that seem to be around, but i have not.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6191 on: December 19, 2018, 03:53:51 PM »
True, but it really seems to be spiraling out of control with new levels of money-grabs, releasing partial games with promised updates at a later date,  and cheap copy-paste development & production short-cuts.

The market is over-saturated and companies are expected to crank out new releases every year, while keeping the prices down and stagnating progress.

Just my opinion.

Oh, yeah, absolutely. Microtransactions, Early Access titles, pre-order bonuses... I dislike all of that. But it's probably a consequence of games being too cheap. The steam sales are one thing (I think the past few years I have bought maybe 3 games at full price) but even €60 probably doesn't always cover the cost of development on a modern game..

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6192 on: December 19, 2018, 06:51:40 PM »
After playing some GTA 5 and having not too much to say I stick to Forge´s conclusion.

Well GTA games never had good stories to begin with. Well-animated cutscenes, good voice acting and interesting characters for sure, but the stories themselves were never anything special. In fact, they all follow the same formula: go to place A, work for some thug for a while, then go to place B and work for another thug there for a while, etc.

There are still games on the market with good stories in them, but you're obviously not going to find them in open-world sandbox type of games.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6193 on: December 19, 2018, 07:17:14 PM »
Been enjoying Andromeda some more. There are some annoyances with the combat system (too cover-centric and I hate the lack of a crouch key more than I did in the previous parts) but other than that this has exceeded my low expectations. There's a shit-ton to explore, the premise gives a nice sense of purpose (finding planets and making them ripe for colonization) to all the sidequests, the planets look amazing, it's fun to drive around and the soundtrack is solid (more subdued than in the previous parts but still good). The gear upgrade system confuses me though so I haven't bothered to check it out properly yet.

I heard the game was extremely buggy at release. What's the state of it now?
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: December 19, 2018, 07:56:00 PM »

I heard the game was extremely buggy at release. What's the state of it now?

Haven't come across anything major; the only noticeable thing so far have been dialog triggers that are repeated when they're no longer relevant. Like I search area X entirely, then hours later approach it and a character points out "hey look, it's X, maybe we should investigate".
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top