Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• March 20, 2019, 04:46:25 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415

Author Topic: Last Game You Played  (Read 893037 times)

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Last Game You Played
« Reply #6195 on: December 30, 2018, 05:01:20 AM »
In AC: Origins there's a big mountain in roughly the center of the map. You can get on it and you get an achievement, but also this view which I appreciated for a good 10 minutes before I picked my jaw back up off the floor:

You can also look back on the area where the game started. This is one of those games that lets you roam around in an area at the start, then removes you from it and it's many hours before you can go back there again. Seeing it again for the first time even if from far away was a pretty neat moment.

No game has made me feel this way about its environment since the original Unreal, I think.
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6196 on: January 03, 2019, 02:07:36 PM »
The XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete pack is available at GOG at 80% off for $16. Is it worth getting? I don’t know if I’ll enjoy the game but I’ve heard good things about it. Keep in mind that I don’t have much time for games these days.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6197 on: January 03, 2019, 02:20:33 PM »
If you don't have much time then no, it's not worth buying. I liked it but I enjoy XCOM2 a lot more in anycase. On the other hand you'd probably enjoy seeing the parallels between XCOM and AMC (the original game more than anything but the new games are an inspiration as well)

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: January 04, 2019, 06:14:08 AM »
In AC: Origins there's a big mountain in roughly the center of the map. You can get on it and you get an achievement, but also this view which I appreciated for a good 10 minutes before I picked my jaw back up off the floor:

I've been tempted to buy the new one since I'm interested in ancient Greece but the third-person melee combat systems these games tend to have look rather unappealing.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6199 on: January 04, 2019, 04:23:26 PM »
Combat is fine. In previous entries, enemies attacked one-by-one, all you had to was block and counter for an instant kill. Attacks were also telegraphed just a bit too much so the games were a breeze for the most part.

Starting from Origins enemies attack simultaneously and quicker and you need to specifically lock on to one, the game doesn't do that for you anymore. Also archers try to surround you so you can't easily block everything and a small number of arrows is enough to kill you. There's also groups of cavalry which do more damage and if you're not careful they can kill you really quickly.

All of that shit means facing big groups of enemies is loads more dangerous than in previous games giving you a real incentive to be stealthy sometimes.

That said enemies are still dumb as fuck, they'll be briefly alarmed when finding a dead body but if you stay hidden long enough they fall back in that "I guess it was just rats" behaviour if you know what I mean. :P They run straight at you when you're firing arrows at them etc...

But yeah combat is fine. The game's biggest strength is the beauty of its environment, the biggest problem is the repetitiveness of it all and that all quests only ever have one entry point and one resolution.
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

CryptoproctaFerox

• AMC TC member/guest
  • Death is among us
    • MSN Messenger - zaxtor2001@yahoo.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Zaxtor+Znort
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zaxtor2001
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6200 on: January 05, 2019, 05:14:44 AM »
last games I played were a few.

Also was The Dark Temple (Level I've made few months ago)
A usermap. Polymer mode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkdmWBba4FA

« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 05:22:28 AM by CryptoproctaFerox »
OBLIVION'S STATUS. {FINISHED}..
Current status RELEASED
http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx?/hst/m/s/msandt/oblivionfinal.zip .

BTW  My website about the fossa at:
Fossa's Lair  and
My second site about fireworks at:
The Bomb Baron'

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: January 05, 2019, 06:59:00 AM »
That said enemies are still dumb as fuck, they'll be briefly alarmed when finding a dead body but if you stay hidden long enough they fall back in that "I guess it was just rats" behaviour if you know what I mean. :P

Yeah I wish someone came up with some kind of a solution for that tired old mechanic already; it's been like that for 20 years or so now (n)
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: January 07, 2019, 04:50:27 AM »
Just finished Wages of Sin for the first time. It started off as a slight improvement over the original but the last hour killed all the fun. What a miserable experience altogether, just like the base game. It sucked in 1998 and it still sucks, but now we've got a bunch of people acting like Sin some kind of a '90s shooter classic.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6203 on: January 07, 2019, 04:18:30 PM »
AC Origins

Almost finished the base game I think, some quests and locations left. Still have the DLCs to play..

I am constantly on the fence about whether or not the game is actually good. I'm a bit of a sucker for this checklisty type stuff - ie. bunch of locations on a map that get checked when you find all the loot and/or kill all the leaders. It's kept me engaged for a good 50 hours at the moment.

But the plot is pretty standard and crappy, the main character is not likeable, human models and facial animations are trash (remember when ME Andromeda caught so much flak over that?), very few quests are actually memorable.

Everytime I play it, I'm enjoying myself, but I couldn't say why. Objectively speaking there are much better RPGs out there. :P

Last.fm

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6204 on: January 07, 2019, 09:49:04 PM »
Just finished Wages of Sin for the first time. It started off as a slight improvement over the original but the last hour killed all the fun. What a miserable experience altogether, just like the base game. It sucked in 1998 and it still sucks, but now we've got a bunch of people acting like Sin some kind of a '90s shooter classic.
heh, I do still have a soft spot for SiN (I even have the anime) but people who think it's better than Half-life (they exist) are completely fucking insane.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6205 on: January 09, 2019, 03:58:31 AM »
I tried Hunt Down the Freeman and it is as bad as everybody says it is (it was only like £1.50 or something and I like to check out bad stuff every now and then to see what mistakes were made)

Music wasn't too bad though, nor were the weapon models and animations. everything else is eugh (I guess the main character's voice acting wasn't too bad either)

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6206 on: January 09, 2019, 03:55:31 PM »
Does it have coop though? :P

Last.fm

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6207 on: January 09, 2019, 04:14:54 PM »
nope :P

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: January 10, 2019, 05:43:19 AM »
heh, I do still have a soft spot for SiN (I even have the anime) but people who think it's better than Half-life (they exist) are completely fucking insane.

My problem probably is that in 1998 it was too much of a mess to enjoy while the next time I played through the game (around 2009?) that ship had already sailed. These days there are so many good games on the market (compared to the late '00s CoD clones) that I have even less tolerance for this shit.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6209 on: January 11, 2019, 01:51:23 AM »
Indeed, that much is true. And speaking of good games, I beat Hunt down the Freeman :tralala:

it is legendarily bad. it really is, it's not just internet hyperbole this time. I did like the music and the weapons were actually well put together - that's about it for the good stuff. Nearly every single level is just an overly huge empty space with almost zero context or clue for your next destination. I heard it ripped maps from Garry's mod content and that makes sense since many areas don't seem related at all and barely seem capable of supporting proper gameplay. Things like the mantling system have a weird amount of effort put into them because it's clear it was bolted on. Many levels are too fucking dark and I had to turn mat_fullbright on to find out where I was going. The SFM cutscenes also just start and finish abruptly without even a fade to black or something to ease the transition. And the story is just utter nonsense.

I don't regret playing it because it's good to sharpen your teeth on something bad; it also helps for someone creative because much like a video of a car crash, it's good to actually have something flawed in front of you to help you avoid making the same mistakes.
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top