Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• November 19, 2017, 09:48:10 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 403

Author Topic: Last Game You Played  (Read 694990 times)

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Last Game You Played
« Reply #5925 on: April 18, 2017, 05:31:19 AM »
Stealth in Deus Ex is a joke, but it's still the most rewarding way to play the game because the combat sucks so hard (and I find this to be true for both the original and the newer games)
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: April 26, 2017, 05:11:07 AM »
Started the Tomb Raider reboot thing. So far I'm enjoying it; it's just a good-looking game that's fun to play, unlike the old Tomb Raider games which I despise.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5927 on: April 26, 2017, 09:29:19 AM »
I've been playing Broforce by Devolver after getting it in a GOG sale. It's a neat little game, basically a 2D platformer-shooter where the levels are in the order of 2-3 minutes long. It's got a life system, where each life is a character based on a classic 80's/90's action movie, so there's a lot of variety in the weapons and abilities in this respect.

Gameplay is technically pretty simple, but there's a surprising amount of depth and strategy considering the environment is fully destructible so you can tunnel through stuff and under enemies, causing them to fall to their deaths. Many levels also have neat little gameplay features causing them to feel fresh.

The base game doesn't look that long, but apparently there's user-created levels available as well. The game is certainly pretty intense and I'd recommend it. It's almost too intense at times, as it's sometimes easy to get hit by a random stray bullet (one-hit kills you), however the levels are typically short enough that this isn't a major setback.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5928 on: April 27, 2017, 04:36:14 AM »
Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor

Hadn't touched this in about a year.. it's an alright game but rather repetitive. There's some fun to be had in hunting the captains and doing the missions but all the side stuff is really dull, the world isn't very interesting to explore either... At least not the part I'm in, but I feel like more shit is gonna unlock later :p
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: April 28, 2017, 11:06:34 PM »
I've been playing Broforce by Devolver after getting it in a GOG sale. It's a neat little game, basically a 2D platformer-shooter where the levels are in the order of 2-3 minutes long. It's got a life system, where each life is a character based on a classic 80's/90's action movie, so there's a lot of variety in the weapons and abilities in this respect.

Gameplay is technically pretty simple, but there's a surprising amount of depth and strategy considering the environment is fully destructible so you can tunnel through stuff and under enemies, causing them to fall to their deaths. Many levels also have neat little gameplay features causing them to feel fresh.

The base game doesn't look that long, but apparently there's user-created levels available as well. The game is certainly pretty intense and I'd recommend it. It's almost too intense at times, as it's sometimes easy to get hit by a random stray bullet (one-hit kills you), however the levels are typically short enough that this isn't a major setback.

Yeah I just finished The Expendabros, which is essentially a Broforce demo. It seemed a bit tough at first with you having no life bar, but once you get a hang of the life/character system it becomes quite fun. I also like how it's presented to you in these tiny 1-minute increments.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5930 on: April 29, 2017, 05:40:11 AM »
You guys all need to start playing Dark Souls so I can have people to talk about it with :(

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5931 on: May 13, 2017, 09:09:56 PM »
Just played and finishing the new Homefront with all of the DLCs. Gonna repost my Steam review; if you're looking for a realistic shooter it's on sale with all the DLC now for like £9 so it's definitely a steal at that price. Took me about 18 hours all together.

Not actually a bad game; from what I understand the game at release had some big problems but playing it now, it seemed relatively bug free. The gameplay is enjoyable, but of course the biggest problem with these types of games is that you're fighting the same enemy type throughout the entirity of the thing. If you're not into psuedo-realistic shooters than this game won't change your mind but if you do like them, it's an enjoyable experience. It's a ton of fun to fight through ruined buildings and the game captured an apocalyptic setting really well.

My biggest problem is the plotline, and to be honest I can't blame anybody for the premise putting someone off the game. I got to like the characters but the enemy are completely faceless and it feels really juvenile at times. They visually look cool but ultimately you're fighting yet another country who don't have any personality and are ruthlessly evil. A game like this but with a more inventive and fun to fight and hate enemy would be really good.

As an aside, the graphics in this game are phenomenal and it's one of the best looking games I've ever played.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: May 16, 2017, 06:50:31 PM »
Finished Mankind Divided. Overall an enjoyable game, but it sure was glitchy. Graphics looked awesome, but during dialog scenes the characters seemed a bit stiff (which is in odd contrast to the epileptic characters from HR). I had no performance issues at all on high settings except for about three chrashes and the long loading times.
The side missions were enjoyable, but I agree with Micky's criticism that they involved too much what felt like pointless traveling. The thing is that it really wouldn't have felt like that if it weren't for the long loading times; if you could just run from one end of Prague to another, it wouldn't take much time at all. Otherwise I found the side missions fun, but I wish the dialog in this game were a bit more "hurried"; now it seems as if everyone is just stalling and trying to prolong the conversation.
The game felt nowhere near as epic as HR, but that in itself is not a bad thing; a small-scale story can be just as good as an epic tale.
I went for a pacifist playthrough and generally speaking enjoyed it. I really liked the remote hacking aug; it made things much easier and was just a fun mechanic overall. I decided not to unlock the cloak, I don't really know why, I probably just thought it'd make some segments much too easy even though it'd have been logical for a pacifist/stealth playthrough.
Anyway, took me about 20 hours overall. I missed only maybe one or two side missions.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5933 on: May 16, 2017, 08:52:38 PM »
Did you do the side mission involving a glitching advert on the sidewalk and a returning HR character? I missed that one myself, I wondered if I was just being dumb in ignoring it.

I do agree with most of your criticism; I think the big issue was that the game felt like a really minor side-story which is fine in theory but in practice when it's clear the amount of money they must of poured into the game and how much they expected it to sell, it seems only inevitable that the game didn't really succeed critically or commercially.

Apparently Prey is supposed to be amazing though, but I'm not willing to sink full price into it to find out.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: May 17, 2017, 04:01:28 AM »
Yes, I finished that; I stumbled on it by accident as I was leaving the starting point of another side mission (the crime scene outside Adam's building).
In fact, I seemed to find most side missions by accident within half an hour of each other or so, and this after I had spent ten hours thinking where are all the side missions.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5935 on: May 17, 2017, 07:23:25 AM »
I'd gone past the glitches several times before I finally decided to check it out and found the mission.

Got Doom 4, and it works on my system. I've only played the intro so far since I'm extremely busy at the moment preparing for an international trip among other things. The speed of the game is pretty good, although the Imps move just a bit too fast IMO. Not a fan of having to follow them around an arena to take them out. Also, my reflexes aren't great :P
Herbs? Tell me more!

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5936 on: May 17, 2017, 12:45:27 PM »
Two words.

Git.

Gud.

icon_wink.gif

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5937 on: May 23, 2017, 10:11:13 PM »
Just finished Alan Wake and the DLC, I really enjoyed it at first but it definitely dragged on at the end and the gameplay didn't really change much from the first fight you had.

I definitely got chills hearing Max Payne voice one of the letters though, that was fantastic.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5938 on: May 24, 2017, 12:49:38 PM »
I found the story to be very engaging and I made it all the way through without that happening. American Nightmare on the other hand I lost interest in pretty quickly. I heard somewhere that you essentially need to play through the whole game 3 times in order to finish it.
Herbs? Tell me more!

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: May 24, 2017, 09:48:44 PM »
I'd say it started to drag only very slightly. The atmosphere held up all the way to the end.

Anyway, I'm done with Mankind Divided for now. I actually replayed it quickly just to get a hang of the combat. Definitely enjoyed the pacifist run a lot more; combat is kinda sucky in this game. Anyway, the game is actually pretty damn short if you use your weapons and skip the cutscenes and side missions; the second playthrough took only about 4-5 hours on New Game+.
Also finished A Criminal Past DLC. It was very good, reminded me a lot of the first Riddick game. Jensen has to break out of a maximum-security prison, an ideal setting for the game's stealth elements really. Took me 3.5 hours.
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 403

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top