Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• December 14, 2017, 07:20:52 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 403

Author Topic: Last Game You Played  (Read 709286 times)

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Last Game You Played
« Reply #5970 on: July 24, 2017, 12:37:10 AM »
yeah that's pretty far from the mark :P

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: July 26, 2017, 07:58:42 PM »
So yeah, friend A gifted me & friend B PUBG so that we could play with A, but we haven't played with him since the first day because friend B started badmouthing the game when he couldn't get any kills, which kinda soured things. So, I've been playing the game with B quite a bit recently (even though he swore he'd uninstall the game the moment he got his first frag, but that was many frags ago, and now he wants to play all the time), which makes me feel kinda guilty, but it's not like we haven't asked A to join us many times.

Anyway, as for the game itself, it's addicting & fun with friends, but it's kinda funny how I have zero desire to play it solo. The combat is kinda sucky because in 3rd person it doesn't always seem very clear where the bullets are gonna go while the 1st person view is ARMA-clunky, which is very annoying (not to mention the lack of vaulting makes the game feel even clunkier).
I also have to restart the game every two rounds or so; otherwise my OS runs out of memory and the game crashes, which is not much fun in the middle of a match. It seems that the RAM is not wiped after a round, so it just keeps getting filled until there's no more space left. I've read that even some with 16 & 32GB of RAM get similar memory leaks. Otherwise the game runs fine; I don't have any of the framerate or texture pop-in problems that others have reported.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5972 on: July 27, 2017, 03:45:12 AM »
Yeah it has crashing problems. Turning the video settings down all the way helped for me.

I restarted.. Halo 1. It has aged well (y)
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: August 10, 2017, 05:42:26 PM »
PUBG's performance only seems to have worsened in the past few days. I got four crashes yesterday in less than two hours of playing. Really sucks the fun out of it:( (Not to mention there are some dubious players around at the moment. Me & a friend both got one-hit killed by a lone player running with the UMP even though we both had great gear. In the previous match I came #2 because the last player OHKed me even though I had both a level 3 armor & helmet and full health.)

But holy fuck are the crates and other items overpriced. You can make 2-3€ per crate, and these are pretty easy to obtain at the start of a week. (Also, it's probably a good idea to keep them in your inventory until late in the week when their in-game prices have increased for most people.) I'm tempted to purchase one key to open one of the "invitational" crates in the hopes of getting some lame skirt some tool is willing to pay hundreds of euros for.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5974 on: August 10, 2017, 07:06:59 PM »
Yeah I'm baffled by the prices some of that stuff is going for. The funniest part is, all of that goofy stuff is just going to put you at a disadvantage because it'll stick out much more against terrain than clothes like the camo pants.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: August 10, 2017, 09:10:39 PM »
Yeah I can understand having a cool weapon skin, as you'll be staring at it constantly, but a character skin that you cannot even see and others will only briefly catch a glimpse of?

Still, it's easy to see how the market is kinda overheated at the moment because the supply is quite low relative to demand. The game is so popular that even a very small fraction of rich kids can create a lot of demand for seemingly pointless items.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: August 25, 2017, 05:28:07 AM »
I'm finally embarking on a quest to play the first Deus Ex. But I don't want the experience to be brought down by the ancient graphics & such. (I'm sure I wouldn't mind them so much if I had played the game as a kid, but I didn't.) So, howabout that Revision? Or GMDX? What's the opinion of our Deus Ex 1 experts?

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5977 on: August 25, 2017, 05:53:10 AM »
Both shake up the game significantly; I mean honestly you might be best off grabbing New Vision and Biomod (which makes some quality of life improvements but nothing too drastic) and going with that. The graphics aren't a problem once you get immersed, the problem with both revision and GMDX is that for a Deus Ex newbie most of the changes will be completely overwhelming and may put you off the base game. New Vision is basically a HD texture pack that's one of the few good ones, so definitely grab that at most.

Definitely stick with the game no matter what, the beginning is weak to some but the game is a masterpiece and I'm sure you'll enjoy the few political discussions the game has (which still feel far more mature than any other game I've played)

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5978 on: August 25, 2017, 02:02:41 PM »
The graphics never bothered me and I'm probably the youngest whippersnapper on this forum  :HELLO:
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5979 on: August 25, 2017, 02:27:23 PM »
Yeah I don't mind them either, I think they suit the game well enough but I don't want to mansplain to Mikko about why he should like the graphics so I gave him some alternatives :P

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5980 on: August 25, 2017, 02:32:17 PM »
The question is how consistent does New Vision make the graphics? IMO it'd be better to have all assets at the same level as opposed to a bunch of high res textures and new models, but with a few low-res assets mixed in that stick out like sore thumbs and break the immersion.
Herbs? Tell me more!

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: August 25, 2017, 09:40:23 PM »
The problem with a mere high-res pack is that it might just look a little bit off if the amount of details remains unaltered, kinda like it does in Duke3D, like you have these detailed textures but the geometry itself is blocky and kinda empty. I tried the tutorial of the original and the texture quality didn't strike me as bad at all (no wonder since it's an Unreal-engine title). Meanwhile, Revision looks pretty awesome judging by all the comparison screenshots.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5982 on: August 26, 2017, 01:24:51 AM »
Revision does look good yeah, it just changes things around a bit (enemy and item locations, .etc) and I feel like it's more designed for people familiar with the game than first time players.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5983 on: August 26, 2017, 07:59:30 AM »
I hear the problem with Revision is that it leaves some levels basically completely unaltered, while making others look pretty good. Feels a bit lazy in that respect.
Herbs? Tell me more!

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5984 on: September 01, 2017, 04:19:45 PM »
Hey Mikko, what are you thoughts on Sonic Mania? I'm a bit on the fence since there's parts I like the look of but other parts seem a bit too inspired by Sonic CD which I thought was pretty damn mediocre.

Steam reviews seem worthless with retards complaining about DRM again.
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 403

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top