Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• November 19, 2017, 10:05:49 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 403

Author Topic: Last Game You Played  (Read 694993 times)

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
Re: Last Game You Played
« Reply #5985 on: September 02, 2017, 03:34:10 AM »
I'd definitely recommend it. It feels like a real Sonic game in every respect, the new bosses are pretty great and the new special stages seem pretty challenging (I've only gotten two emeralds so far) so that you're kinda encouraged to replay the game right away in order to get Super Sonic. That being said, the proportion of rehashed classics (there are quite a lot of changes though) is a bit too much compared to new stuff, which is a shame because the new zones are really good.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5986 on: September 02, 2017, 11:17:21 PM »
alright, thanks for the recommendation; still might pick up the year2 siege pass instead but it's a bit more of a balanced decision now. I'll wait till my birthday before deciding (y)

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: September 03, 2017, 02:35:17 AM »
Are you so strapped for Renown in Siege? I've never had any need for the season passes, but then again I've played it a lot more. Even now I've around 150 000 Renown.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5988 on: September 03, 2017, 03:50:07 AM »
I don't play it as much as you basically :P I probably play about 2-3 nights a week at most for a couple of hours.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: September 18, 2017, 05:38:05 AM »
So I played through Sonic Mania about three times. All in all, I'm extremely happy about the game. It definitely exceeded my expectations, which is a considerable feat after being so pleased with Freedom Planet.

But why oh why did we have to wait 20+ years for it?

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5990 on: October 03, 2017, 06:08:05 PM »
I did enjoy it, but I wouldn't put it above S&K since I preferred the progression of that game. Wasn't a big fan of the lack of level transitions SM had (it had a few but not enough IMO)

I installed my GTX1060 yesterday (not before snapping the gfx card lever off though, woops) and it works great. I'm gonna replay some of the newer CoD titles since I had to run them at a really shitty resolution last time I played through them. Gonna give Mankind Divided another spin now as well; maybe I can even get through Rise of the Tomb Raider as well)

only sad irony is, my big 1080p monitor was an old one that wouldn't plug into my new card so I have this new thing running on a 1440x900 monitor.

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5991 on: October 06, 2017, 06:56:23 AM »
Hey you have same video than me. Mine is a EVGA GTX 1060 6gb ddr5 and everything i played so far runs smooth, except Deus Ex MD for which i had to disable MSAA on the config menu.

For your information, i had the same problem with my screen. I bought the GPU came home speeding, very excited to test it, and had to wait the whole weekend without using it, because it only had DVI-D and HDMI outputs and my screen, -which is a Samsung P2350- only has a SUB-D input. I bought a cheap HDMI to SUB-D conversor and has been running flawlessly for almost a year now.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5992 on: October 06, 2017, 01:52:29 PM »
heh heh yeah I've had a whale of a time getting both my monitors running. I ordered a new cable and got my big monitor working but only realised then that the card had a single HDMI slot and 3 DP ones so I then had to order ANOTHER cable to get the smaller monitor working again. A bit of a hassle but it's definitely been worth it.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5993 on: October 08, 2017, 02:23:55 AM »
Took the plunge on Infinite Warfare (it was half price on steam) and man it's actually a pretty enjoyable game. Of course the gameplay is the same as CoD's been since MW but the space format is actually pretty cool. It's not as relentless as previous games since you can walk around your ship a bit and you can actually choose missions to take ala Mass Effect. The game itself is staggeringly pretty, only problem I had was I had to except it in my AV program because otherwise the game got stuck on a loading screen. It's too bad it got reamed critically because CoD:WW2 looks horrifically boring.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5994 on: October 08, 2017, 06:16:09 AM »
CoD:WW2 looks horrifically boring.

Isn't boring what CoD fans are after?  ;)
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5995 on: October 08, 2017, 08:27:50 AM »
You talk about the SP campaign? I took a look at it and it looks really good but the critics destroy it. How long is the sp campaign?

Getting it that price would take the chance away to get much more anticipated games like Doom or Dishonored 2.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5996 on: October 08, 2017, 01:21:09 PM »
I've only played for a couple of hours; I don't listen to most reviewers of CoD because they either hate it on principle or are basically paid to fellate it. This guy did a good video on it:
https://youtu.be/Tn4bfT0fhfQ

I did love Doom but Infinite Warfare is much more of a visual tour de force; you'll probably get more mileage out of Doom but it all depends on if you like the core combat or not. I actually took some footage of Doom on Nightmare difficulty the other day so I'm gonna remember to upload it so you can check it out that way.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 01:22:58 PM by James »

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5997 on: October 08, 2017, 08:02:46 PM »
https://youtu.be/fS6xA1YVo7U
There we go, some 60fps footage of me playing Doom in Nightmare mode.

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5998 on: October 09, 2017, 03:56:31 AM »
my screen, -which is a Samsung P2350- only has a SUB-D input

SUB-D? Is that the same as VGA?

Anyway jeez guys it's 2017, HDMI has been around for a long time now. :p
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: October 09, 2017, 05:26:55 PM »

Anyway jeez guys it's 2017, HDMI has been around for a long time now. :p

Who uses HDMI for gaming though?

DisplayPort & dual-link DVI are still the way to go.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 403

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top