Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• December 14, 2017, 07:18:07 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403]

Author Topic: Last Game You Played  (Read 709283 times)

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Last Game You Played
« Reply #6030 on: November 09, 2017, 04:49:32 AM »
I took the time to finish that 100% long ago... it wasn't even enjoyable anymore :p

I've been playing AC4: Black Flag via the Steam Link. Commandeering the pirate ship in a storm is quite an experience on the big screen indeed.
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: November 19, 2017, 06:36:23 AM »
So I finished GTA IV too and I have to say it's a downgrade of San Andreas in pretty much in every respect; even graphically it just doesn't look anywhere near as interesting as San Andreas. They did a hell of a job in recreating New York City, but I just loved the colors and variety of San Andreas a lot more. There was also a broken gameplay bit in the very last minute (you need to mash Space to get onboard a helicopter but it seems to be tied to the framerate so that at 144hz you simply cannot do it) that frustrated the hell out of me.
But the biggest problem was that there was noticeable deadzone whenever you tried to aim to the left & down (or up if your mouse is not inverted?), which turned combat into a chore. This was quite disappointing considering the combat in particular had all the ingredients to be an improvement over SA, but this one technical issue killed a lot of the fun.
One interesting thing I noticed is that there were a ton of tracks in SA that got stuck in my head but I cannot remember a single track in GTA IV. There were some good talk shows though.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6032 on: November 19, 2017, 07:21:46 PM »
I agree 100% with the comparision to SA. I never had such technical issues with the mouse though, and yes with GTA SA my musical taste got widened as I loved some songs from it and made me look for them and eventually take a look at some of the artists. They ended up creating good memories from playing the game, while of gta 4 i only remember having lots of fun crashing cars and punching random people.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: November 25, 2017, 06:15:25 AM »
So I finally, finally finished Chrome. Took me about 10 hours. It wasn't terrible, but it definitely was a bad game. I just hate the RNG gunplay mechanics, especially in a game where the average engagement distance is pretty big. The stealth missions were irritating as hell; you could save the game and then many seconds later get a notification that you failed the mission with no idea what just happened, and that'd render the save unusable. Luckily the game stores the last four quicksaves rather than just one; they must have had problems with the same issue during development.

This is also one of those games (like Chaser) where you could switch the maps around without losing any coherence or experiencing any changes in difficulty; combat in every map is nearly identical. The gameplay neither evolves nor gets  more difficult from one map to another. (For the sake of comparison, imagine switching The Gauntlet & The Living End in Doom 2.)

The game had a surprisingly high number of pleasant outdoor visuals, but goddamn was it rife with copypasting in its hi-tech base segments. It wasn't just corridors but entire rooms and building exteriors that were recycled as well. There was also this irritating glitch caused by playing the game with a high framerate that caused the character to slide as if he were ice skating. For example, if you ran forward, then ducked and looked at the floor (for a higher framerate), you could slide across a medium-size room.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6034 on: November 28, 2017, 06:40:11 AM »
Cool. I remember many things you mentioned too.

How many to go now?

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: December 05, 2017, 03:35:25 AM »
Well it's actually starting to look pretty good now. In a month and a half I've finished the following:

-ARMA 2
-ARMA 2 Private Military Company
-ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead
-Anachronox
-Deus Ex
-Deus Ex Invisible War
-Civ 4 BtS
-Civ 4 Warlords
-Planetary Annihilation Titans
-Hitman Absolution
-GTA San Andreas
-GTA IV
-Far Cry 3 (doesn't work)
-Chrome
-Gone Home

The CIV games (& Planetary Annihilation) don't really have campaigns as such, but I scored a victory in the Civs & beat the Galactic War mode in Planetary Annihilation. However, I intend to keep these on my computer, as they're the kind of games you can just fire up and day and play. The ARMA DLCs were surprisingly short, but the last two missions of ARMA 2 were an incredible pain in the butt. The last map in ARMA 2 took me freaking five hours of agonizing trial & error. It's just so difficult to do anything in these games because of the clunky controls, and your squadmates have such terrible AI that you're better off leaving them behind in a safe location so they don't get shot (in which case it's game over), but obviously then it's just you against troops & tanks. The game is just way too ambitious for what the technology can handle.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6036 on: December 05, 2017, 06:54:35 AM »
Are you sure you want to play Invisible War?
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: December 10, 2017, 01:13:18 AM »
About 4 hours into Anachronox. It's pretty good actually, there's a good flow to the game with the significant exception of the tedious battle system (how foolish of me to have considered the battle system in FFIX dull...). Some tediously slow camera transitions/pans as well, but at least I found out that there's a speed-up key just for the purpose of getting around this problem. And is it just me, or were some bits in the AMC TC influenced by the game? I know Sang at least used to be a big fan of the game.

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6038 on: December 10, 2017, 02:40:20 AM »
Yeah I'm a big fan of Anachronox too, although I'll freely admit that the battle system is what's keeping me from replaying it. It's just so slow, although there is a cheat command or something that can skip fights. I'm not sure it'd be the same without it however.

I also feel like Mass Effect 1 had a lot in common with Anachronox (setting wise at least)

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6039 on: December 10, 2017, 07:01:54 AM »
Are there any mods to the game which improve the system? I got the game on sale some time ago but have been too busy to play it.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: December 11, 2017, 03:31:48 AM »
The speed-up/fast forward function is pretty useful though, as with it a two-minute battle can be over in just 10 seconds.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: December 12, 2017, 11:39:54 PM »
Ugh, way too much focus on fetch quests in the past 3-4 hours or so, and I didn't really like the hive bit at all. It sucks that sometimes you need a party member whom you left behind, then you have to go fetch him/her/it all the way from wherever.

And yeah I can definitely see Mass Effect being influenced by this game.

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6042 on: December 13, 2017, 01:15:17 AM »
Hive is definitely one of the low points of the game; it's been a long time since I played it but I remember Hephaestus being a more enjoyable part of the game but I can't remember if that's before or after where you're at.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: Today at 05:43:26 AM »
Yeah Hephaestus (finished it today) was definitely a lot more enjoyable, especially the maintenance section puzzles (the gas/heat-filled tunnels reminded me of a certain bit in the AMCTC...); the other quest involving tracking down a suspect had a bit too much legwork but it was still allright.
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403]

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top