Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• July 17, 2018, 01:09:07 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 410

Author Topic: Last Game You Played  (Read 791712 times)

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Last Game You Played
« Reply #6060 on: January 09, 2018, 12:26:06 PM »
Is there a particular reason why you started out with Revision, as opposed to GMDX? Sure, Revision makes some areas of the game look relatively great, but left others completely untouched, leading to an inconsistent experience. Some of the changes to layouts and things are also apparently questionable.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6061 on: January 09, 2018, 02:45:33 PM »
GMDX changes way too much gameplay wise for a first time run...I'd argue Revision is better if he were just looking for some visual spicing up.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: January 10, 2018, 02:01:32 AM »
Yeah I ran out of pistol ammo after I had sent the satellite transmission and had to rely on the assault rifle. It's just insanely useless at any range beyond one centimeter from the enemy.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6063 on: January 10, 2018, 04:29:39 AM »
Invisible War is not entirely terrible, by the way. I mean it's shitty compared to the first game but you can get at least some enjoyment out of it. I wouldn't say it's fun to play through more than once though.

My biggest gripe with it was that the levels are so tiny and linear compared to the first game, leading to LOADS of loading screens, and as James hinted at the resolution and such resets each time you hit one of those, feels very funky.
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6064 on: January 10, 2018, 05:37:03 AM »
If you do try it, it sounds like you'll want to try the Visible mod, which among other great modern things speeds up level loading http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-2-visible-upgrade
Herbs? Tell me more!

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: January 11, 2018, 02:29:53 AM »
Got the GEP gun only upon my escape from the MJ12 facility; that Anna cyborg died with just one blast from the gun.

Still, this game is way too oriented on trial & error; miss one shot and you're fucked. I also hate how the enemy is able to pinpoint my exact location even when I'm using silenced weapons and there's no line of sight. The only upside is that they have the attention span of a 3-year-old.

Also, I just unlocked the regeneration aug and spent my upgrade canisters on it; it feels like this solved all of my health problems for the rest of the game.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: January 11, 2018, 06:06:20 AM »
I have to say Revision did a fantastic job in remaking this particular track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDzimjnXvRw

Ironically the remix sounds more Unreal-like than Alexander Brandon's original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgIE6Pb_MFE

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6067 on: January 14, 2018, 07:46:08 AM »
Finished AC4 Black Flag, the story at least. The ending is a wee bit emotional. Damn fine game overall. It's been quite the ride. This will have taken me about 50 hours in total since the start of November, played entirely via the Steam Link.

Just gonna fully upgrade the ship and mop up some last optional objectives, not gonna bother with the collectibles. And then I guess it's time for Dark Souls which James has been wanting me to play for a good long while now. But maybe I should wait for the Remastered version :D
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: January 16, 2018, 04:02:14 AM »
Finished Deus Ex (Revision); went for the Dark Ages ending. This is clearly one of those games that get a lot easier the further you get. With all the bullshit out of the way, it's far easier to immerse yourself in the game's universe. There were some very good missions, such as the bits in France and the Vandenberg base. I'm sure back in the day people were so blown away by all the other stuff that they were willing to overlook the intolerable combat mechanics that persisted up until Hong Kong or so. I found most of the augmentations pretty useless though; you really need only one or two of them.
Revision's level design was also very impressive; the game is quite long (took me 30 hours) but the team has meticulously gone through every inch of the maps to make the game look very respectable by today's standards (although I got quite a lot of lag).

Moving on to the sequel next. I'll check out that mod Micky mentioned.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6069 on: January 17, 2018, 07:58:29 AM »
Alright, fully done with Black Flag. That's one huge game off the backlog. Dark Souls is installed... :P

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: January 18, 2018, 06:14:49 AM »
Invisible War is actually pretty entertaining but yeah, the maps are very small & linear: The Seattle map has these dumpsters with "no parking zone" signs on them, which is hilarious because no car could ever fit in these tiny corridors. Hollywood Holocaust provided a much greater illusion of being in a big city than this one. And the map loading screens; it's not that the loading times are long or anything but the fact that there's a loading screen every ten seconds or so, particularly in the hub sections (Seattle & Cairo).

Still, the game has its charm.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6071 on: January 18, 2018, 10:41:22 AM »
Obviously modern hardware could support map segments being stitched together to form full maps. Are the tools not available to do that for this game, or has nobody been motivated to do it?
Herbs? Tell me more!

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: January 27, 2018, 07:31:23 PM »
Finished Hitman Absolution (which was very good!), which means I've finally done it ;D No more unfinished games on Steam. The remaining games on the Library list with no playtime in them are various duplicates (Civ 4 Mac versions, Bioshock "Remasters", etc.), alpha/beta/test versions (Siege TTS, TF2 beta, etc.), DLCs that are integrated into their base games and cannot be played separately, games that I have finished outside Steam (or before Steam started counting your playtime; I think this feature appeared in 2010 or so) and a few games I've grabbed for free (Dirt Showdown, XCom Ufo Defense, etc.) that I'm only semi-interested in (and don't feel any pressure to play since I didn't pay for them). There are only two short games (To the Moon and Brothers) that I'm saving for my Friday post-hockey routine and two games that don't work on my current setup (Shift 2, Far Cry 3).

So, in about 1.5 years I finished a whole bunch of games. I have to say I really underestimated how many I had laying around unfinished in the Library, but on the other hand I played some really good games in that time.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: January 27, 2018, 07:44:28 PM »
Anyway, here's a rough overall ranking of the games

Elite:
-SOMA
-Arkham City
-Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut
-Freedom Planet
-Sonic Mania
-GTA San Andreas
-South Park Fractured But Whole

Good:
-Tomb Raider (2013)
-Another World
-Anachronox
-Blood Dragon
-Civ 4 BtS (& expansions)
-Hitman Absolution
-Gone Home

Pretty good:
-Dishonored
-Deus Ex Mankind Divided
-Jazzpunk
-FNAF 4
-Turok
-Remember Me
-Duke3D World Tour
-Expendabros
-Project Cars
-Deus Ex Revision
-Planetary Annihilation Titans
-GTA IV

Not very good:
-Abrams Tank
-Chernobyl Commando
-WH4K Dawn of War 2 Retribution
-WW2GI
-Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
-Project Snowblind
-Chrome Specforce
-ARMA 2 British Armed Forces
-ARMA 2
-ARMA 2 Private Military Company
-ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead
-Deus Ex Invisible War

Bad:
-Chaser
-Chrome
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 07:50:26 PM by MSandt »

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6074 on: January 27, 2018, 08:10:44 PM »
SOMA was pretty good and haunting too - kinda wish it had VR support, that would be some sick shit. I agree with the majority of your list; I played Chaser years back and even then didn't like it that much; I tried to play it again recently and god damn it was atrociously bad.
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 410

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top