Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• December 10, 2018, 10:47:20 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 413

Author Topic: Last Game You Played  (Read 858895 times)

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Last Game You Played
« Reply #6120 on: April 20, 2018, 05:04:57 AM »
Now play Adventures of Square!

Tried playing Damnation with Sang in Co-op - this game was so atrocious I actually deleted it from my Steam account after about 30 minutes.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6121 on: April 26, 2018, 01:35:18 PM »
Something I've been playing a lot over the past few days is Twisted Insurrection, a Tiberian Sun mod. It's a stand-alone game, with a full single player campaign and mostly all-new units and structures. The basic premise that Nod actually one the first Tiberium War instead of GDI.

The mod's quite fun with a commercial feel, with high quality in all areas, from the mission design, to the original soundtrack, and the new assets look fantastic. The new structures and voxels make the original look quite dull by comparison. It's amazing how good 2D RTS games can look compared to 3D; the whole screen looks like a giant hand-drawn painting, which has a lot of charm to it.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: May 02, 2018, 03:42:15 AM »
Yeah I actually downloaded that a few months ago; haven't played it yet but I intend to one of these days. I liked Tiberian Sun back in the day; it's a shame the franchise hasn't had any worthy games since RA3.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6123 on: May 02, 2018, 08:28:53 AM »
I hope there is a new RA alert game, if only so they'd release RA2 as freeware like they've done the last few games in the series when a new game comes out.
Herbs? Tell me more!

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: May 11, 2018, 03:58:37 AM »
Finally managed to get Shift 2 & Far Cry 3 to work, so I finished them both. I found FC3 a considerable improvement over FC2. The environments were slightly more repetitive for sure, but the gameplay was better - and, most of all, no respawning checkpoints; once you clear an outpost it stays cleared. This along with the radio tower captures gave the game a nice sense of progression. Took me about 20 hours on hard (didn't finish all the assassination & hunt quests).
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Loke

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6125 on: May 11, 2018, 04:02:47 PM »
Far Cry 3 was pretty good but I started to get bored with it once Vaas was out of the game (about halfway through the game I think). Had to force myself to finish it.

Have you tried Far Cry 5 yet?

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: May 11, 2018, 08:19:50 PM »
Have you tried Far Cry 5 yet?

Nah, probably in a few years' time. I was thinking of trying out Primal before FC5 anyway.

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6127 on: May 14, 2018, 03:55:35 AM »
I forced myself to finish Far Cry 3 100%, something I will never do again
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: May 26, 2018, 02:22:51 AM »
Played Duke Manhattan Project, took me about six hours. Some of it was pretty good, but it had a lot of the kind of platforming I don't much care about, the maps were kinda confusing at times (2-dimensional movements in 3-dimensional environments), and the gameplay was very repetitive, plus all kinds of little annoyances every now and then.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6129 on: May 26, 2018, 09:08:14 AM »
I was never able to finish MP. As you say, both the level design and gameplay was repetitive. Once you've played one sewer-like level you've played them all (including subways etc).

One thing that really annoyed me was that if you landed on an enemy, you'd be pushed back quite a bit, and this often led to falling off ledges to insta-death. It wasn't always possible to kill the enemy beforehand.
Herbs? Tell me more!

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: May 27, 2018, 05:13:53 AM »

One thing that really annoyed me was that if you landed on an enemy, you'd be pushed back quite a bit, and this often led to falling off ledges to insta-death. It wasn't always possible to kill the enemy beforehand.

Yes, and if you never finished the game, you probably didn't even see the worst of that "feature" (the fembot boss).

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: May 27, 2018, 09:05:51 PM »
I was never able to finish MP. As you say, both the level design and gameplay was repetitive. Once you've played one sewer-like level you've played them all (including subways etc).

ditto.
I had it installed on an old computer. Played less than an hour of it. Shut it off and never played it again. Eventually the hard-drive died, and the game went with it. Didn't even care.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6132 on: June 09, 2018, 10:37:22 AM »
I "finished" the GDI campaign in Twisted Insurrection some time ago. I used quotes because they apparently haven't made the final level yet. Several parts of it were extremely intense and creative. Some of the missions were also quite dynamic, changing part way through. The story was also pretty interesting. It's neat how at the start of the game you have Tiberian Dawn era technology, and it slowly becomes more advanced.

I've started the Nod campaign, and after a few levels I'm fairly disappointed. So far they're a lot easier and far more generic compared to the GDI missions, and currently the story isn't up to scratch. I suppose in a way this makes sense, since in this game Nod won the first Tiberium War, so of course they would have an easier time. Still, I hope it picks up. Nod's tactics only really become interesting with access to their higher-end, unique and creative stuff like stealth and subterranean vehicles that I can't use yet.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 10:44:54 AM by micky c »
Herbs? Tell me more!

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6133 on: June 29, 2018, 03:10:41 PM »
I burnt out a little bit and started playing Minecraft again, but threw in the towel when my world got corrupted for the 2nd time after spending a while on it. I still love the game but the performance is just abysmal even with a relatively light mod pack. I can't really blame the devs for that...but the windows 10 edition was rewritten in C+ or whatever and it performs magnificently in comparison. Of course it doesn't have real mod support though, and Vanilla is barely a game to be honest.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6134 on: June 30, 2018, 05:47:06 AM »
That's a shame. If only there was some other hobby you could work on that involved crafting locations  ;)
Herbs? Tell me more!

Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 413

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top