Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• September 22, 2018, 05:03:34 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412

Author Topic: Last Game You Played  (Read 815748 times)

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
Re: Last Game You Played
« Reply #6135 on: June 30, 2018, 07:36:58 PM »
That's a shame. If only there was some other hobby you could work on that involved crafting locations  ;)
^_^ ^_^ ^_^

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6136 on: July 01, 2018, 01:33:42 AM »
let's compare the revision counts between us two and then say that again :P

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6137 on: July 09, 2018, 06:07:35 AM »
Been playing Strife: Veteran Edition. I briefly played the "original" edition years ago but didn't get very far in it at that time. Playing it further now and christ this is some great stuff. Difficulty is getting brutal, plot-wise it's far ahead of its time. But of course everybody already knew that I'm guessing

edit: So I looked up when I played Strife for the first time, I posted about it here in 2007. :| And now I'm pondering my mortality and how I'm gonna be an old fart real soon. Better finish that Steam backlog before I kick the bucket!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 06:31:25 AM by Sang »
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6138 on: July 09, 2018, 11:19:11 AM »
I remember the first time I felt old was when drunk Micky talked to some random young people on the street and said "What do you say when I say Dental Plan!", and they had no idea what I was talking about. The correct response is "Lisa needs braces". It seems that millennials don't watch the Simpsons. Sure, it's been a shadow of itself for a long time, but they're still making it.

But yeah Strife feels a lot like Doom + Deus Ex in gameplay, or as close as possible given the technical limitations of the engine at the time.
I got a fair way into Veteran Edition a while ago. After defeating a cloud boss thing I took a break. Unfortunately by the time I got back to it, I'd forgotten the layouts and what I had to do, and couldn't figure out where to go.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: July 10, 2018, 09:35:43 PM »
This was probably the first Steam sale ever during which I bought zero games.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6140 on: July 17, 2018, 08:51:33 AM »
First time I finish a game worth the rig i built in dec 2016!

So I just finished Deus Ex Manking Divided, which i bought with my PC upgrade back in christmass 2016. I haven´t got any time for gaming anymore these days, so i had to sneak and steal hours from my routine to do this. In conclusion, it´s been a very good game, even if it had a meh start which made me put off the game for more than a year. I kind of skipped paying attention to the story, only followed the mission dot and overheard most dialogs. But the mood, the combat and the general Deus Ex feeling was quite awesome most of the time. Wish it was longer, i had the feeling i was fighting a mid-game boss and then it ended all of a sudden.

I had gaming so neglected, due to my very little free time but also because there haven´t been games that caught my attention enough. I will put my eye on Dishonored 2 now, had played the demo about a year ago and got me quite excited.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6141 on: July 17, 2018, 12:00:24 PM »
This was probably the first Steam sale ever during which I bought zero games.
Same here, I bought a single game for like £1.50 and refunded it because it had crashing problems. The sales have been getting worse and worse.

I did like Mankind Divided as well Gambini, I think my only problem was it felt a little 'dry', even moreso than Human Revolution.

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: July 17, 2018, 08:11:44 PM »
I was gifted money to specifically buy SiN from gog. The gift-er didn't want the change back so I bought some half-life collection for a couple dollars.
Never played half-life, so I figured, why not?
Probably look at it after I'm done with the SiN addon that came with the game. If I ever get the time and motivation to do so.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6143 on: July 18, 2018, 12:01:06 AM »
Half-life is still a masterpiece that hasn't aged gameplay wise at all - it's like night and day compared to SiN (which I love but it is extremely janky)

Loke

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6144 on: July 18, 2018, 12:31:45 AM »
Forge, after you've played through Half-Life you should check out some of the maps and mods that the community has made such as Fate Reversal by Mikko.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6145 on: July 18, 2018, 03:23:09 AM »

Loke

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6146 on: July 18, 2018, 03:36:41 AM »
you're too modest :HELLO:

Yeah, I get that a lot. :-[

Fate Reversal is great though. It got that classic Half-Life feel to it that I love. Shame Mikko hasn't done anything else since then. I get that mapping can be really exhausting though especially when you're using a full 3D level editor (compared to something like Mapster32).

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: July 18, 2018, 08:28:43 PM »
Half-life is still a masterpiece that hasn't aged gameplay wise at all - it's like night and day compared to SiN (which I love but it is extremely janky)
I haven't "evolved" game-play wise at all. My experience stopped around Quake II & Unreal (1). I did buy the 1st Ghost recon & a couple expansions back in the early 2000's, but that's pretty much it.
Though I did play around an hour of DNF. I was more impressed with SiN than DNF.

Half-Life should be pretty new and fresh for me, since I don't really have anything "modern" to compare it to.

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6148 on: July 20, 2018, 02:01:13 AM »
I saw plenty of great games on sale, but I'm forcing myself to play through my backlog of games I have bought since 2011...

Recently finished Sanitarium, now playing through INSIDE - holy shit it has excellent pacing, I found it very hard to put down when I was playing it last night but I needed to get up early sadly :( Would've finished it in one sitting otherwise I think.

"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: July 22, 2018, 04:03:33 AM »
Shame Mikko hasn't done anything else since then. I get that mapping can be really exhausting though especially when you're using a full 3D level editor (compared to something like Mapster32).

Nah, I actually loved the editor and found it very comfortable to work with compared to Build/Mapster32.

If only days had 48 hours...
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top