Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• October 14, 2019, 12:49:00 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: What do you actually think of your levels?  (Read 69918 times)

Telee

• View Profile
Re: What do you actually think of your levels?
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2007, 09:19:24 AM »
Well, currently I think I'm doing pretty well. I have a better imagination and I can actually texture half-decently now. Still, I do take a while to map.

dopefish7590

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2007, 10:04:47 AM »
Mbase (not released yet)
------------------------

so far the map is incredible in the amount of effects and level design, the detail isnt the highest though and it is getting to be the largest map ever (so far 1002 kb)

maarten and merjlin could probably do better then this map though if they tried

spoilers:

the helecopter ride, after you succesfully excape from the prison to the escape helecopter to go to your base... you encounter an alein ship... you have to act fast and fire and manuver the helecopter to avoid incoming missiles (clever use of convayors, teleporters, buttons, and lowering sectors)

the base: after you make it to your base there is a room that compleatly builds itself from the ground up.

--more to come--
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 10:06:33 AM by dopefish7590 »
- Swim, Swim, Hungry

Fulsam

• The mission's over, Fisher. God help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 19, 2008, 06:32:01 AM »
Well, I do like my current levels, because of the building style I've built up over the years...

I have some kind of roch-ish building style, which means spritework, and lots of it. However, I take long to make levels (NO SHIT!) because I tend build everything as I go along, not just make a rough layout and then populate it later.

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2008, 06:38:52 AM »
I think that im a good scenaries and landscapes designer, but i always have that figth inside my mind telling me, they will like to fight monsters, then, i have to give to it a layout and a decent gameplay, actually i love the good gameplay but not the duke style, i mean, i prefer to add 30 monsters very well placed, surprising the player and leting him enjoy the visuals of the level, instead of making a big cube with 800 of those stupid commanders shooting rockets from their asses, i hate that.

Daedolon

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2008, 05:34:09 PM »
I think my levels are fantastic, but I can't seem to finish any of them.

bullis1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2008, 02:55:07 AM »
I think my current level of skill (as it has been for a few years) is really good and I'm pleased with the results. I look at my older stuff and I'm mostly unhappy with it however. I then make myself go back and update it.

Stupidly I devoted the last 10 years to the same project so nothing is released yet. In retrospect I probably should have just stuck to making individual maps for Duke. At least I very much like the themes in my project and it's a very rewarding experience to work on it.
Go ahead, quote me!
Visit the UltraSoft website!
Click Here!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top