Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• February 23, 2019, 06:15:37 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Eduke documentation  (Read 50986 times)

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Eduke documentation
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2006, 07:19:56 AM »
No, it just disables the pistol altogether. :P

Update- I sought help from MBlackwell. Nothing we tried would make it work, but we did make a change. Firstly, I'll state that the default code as it was subtracted two bullets per fire instead of one. The changes we made always made the game subtract one bullet, so we think that it's in state displaypistol and not entirely in state firepistol.

Hey, I know this is an old post, but...  I was just catching up on old threads (I'm still new to this forum) and I was shocked to hear you say that MBlackwell couldn't get the pistol to not use ammo.  Surely he could do this in his sleep.  Nor do I see any follow up posts from him or anyone else explaining how to do this (though I did see some strange suggestions in earlier posts).  Maybe you were trying to change the eDuke source code, though I can see no reason why you would want to do this.

You probably figured this out a long time ago, but in case you haven't, this is all you have to do:

onevent EVENT_FIREWEAPON

getplayer[THISACTOR].curr_weapon TEMP

ifvare TEMP 1
   {
   getplayer[THISACTOR].ammo_amount 1 TEMPB
   addvar TEMPB 1
   setplayer[THISACTOR].ammo_amount 1 TEMPB
   }

endevent

This will just add back one round every time you fire.  Use switch on TEMP if you have stuff you want to do with several different weapons.

Edit:  Sorry, I hadn't noticed just how old those posts were (I misread them and thought they were from earlier this year).  The relevant events/commands probably didn't even exist back then.  My bad.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 07:41:44 AM by DeeperThought »
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2006, 07:44:46 PM »
AMC's way too quiet for a big bump to make much of a difference so don't worry about it.

FreeFrag

• ICQ Messenger - 144729090
    • MSN Messenger - blaster_b4m
    • AOL Instant Messenger - FreeFragSGS
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - freefragsgs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2006, 09:24:55 PM »
Edit:  Sorry, I hadn't noticed just how old those posts were (I misread them and thought they were from earlier this year).  The relevant events/commands probably didn't even exist back then.  My bad.

This was back when EDuke 2.1 was (slowly) becoming a W32 source mod.* I don't recall what the original events were in the past, but the weapon animations were not hardcoded much at all and you had to type everything out. Actually, the two member structs you list (ammo_amount and curr_weapon) were two that I think I and others asked TerminX to include when he got back into all of this Duke stuff- this is open to correction.

*Debatably it did become a full-fledged Windows program, but I never managed to get it to work once I was forced to upgrade to Windows XP. It even used the same DOS-based start-up screen as the original Duke 3D and EDuke did.
"In truth, I am nothing but a plodding mediocrity - please observe, a plodding mediocrity - for a mere mediocrity does not go very far, but a plodding one gets quite a distance."
-Benjamin Cardozo

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2006, 03:10:57 AM »
Consider it as an example of how far eDuke has come, I guess.  Anyway, next time I'll be careful to look at the year of the post before I shoot off a reply!
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

FreeFrag

• ICQ Messenger - 144729090
    • MSN Messenger - blaster_b4m
    • AOL Instant Messenger - FreeFragSGS
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - freefragsgs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2006, 10:37:10 PM »
Something that's aggravating about this software is that sometimes you'll click a thread with new posts and after you make a reply to the newest post, you realize that it put you one or two pages before the actual latest post and that your new reply is obsolete!
"In truth, I am nothing but a plodding mediocrity - please observe, a plodding mediocrity - for a mere mediocrity does not go very far, but a plodding one gets quite a distance."
-Benjamin Cardozo

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2008, 02:42:36 AM »
Please, I need an example and a walkthrough on how to include ogg files using the OpenAl snapshot of eduke32. Do I need extra files? Do I have to define them differently? etc.

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2008, 03:01:08 AM »
Please, I need an example and a walkthrough on how to include ogg files using the OpenAl snapshot of eduke32. Do I need extra files? Do I have to define them differently? etc.

Why, what happens when you treat them just like any other type of sound file?  Doesn't it work?

Fissile Materials

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2008, 04:01:25 AM »
Yeah, nothing sounds at all, I replaced dethtoll.mid with dethtoll.ogg (a renamed music file in ogg format) but it doesn't sound. If I'm not mistaken I recall Hunter_Rus talking about a needed dll file...

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2008, 05:06:18 AM »
I think they actually need to be defined in the def files. The best answer is to ask him - I'm not sure why the def files are neccesary but I'm sure it's probably related to keeping sync somehow.

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2008, 05:14:00 AM »
Yeah, nothing sounds at all, I replaced dethtoll.mid with dethtoll.ogg (a renamed music file in ogg format) but it doesn't sound. If I'm not mistaken I recall Hunter_Rus talking about a needed dll file...

Well of course you need the dll that I have attached, but I don't think you are missing that, because if you were the Open AL snapshot would not run at all.

Fissile Materials

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2008, 05:55:08 AM »
Don't I have to define the pitch or something like that for each sound?

Hunter_byte

• MSN Messenger - hunter_byte@mail.ru
    • AOL Instant Messenger - hunteraimmsg
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - hunter_bytey
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2008, 04:40:57 AM »
About OpenAL snapshot:
You can define a file in the DEFs or CONs. But DEFs have a higher priority, they will override the definitions in CONs. Check the log. It might have an answer.

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2008, 05:11:26 AM »
I did this:

In the user.con I renamed dethtoll.mid with dethtoll.ogg (that's the filename my song has) it doesn't even weigh much, just 640kb. When I go into the game, nothing sounds at all, and music is on with good volume. I checked to see which song it was playing by pressing F5 and it said "Playing Dethtoll.ogg, to change..." so I dunno what's going on...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 05:12:57 AM by DavoX »

Hunter_byte

• MSN Messenger - hunter_byte@mail.ru
    • AOL Instant Messenger - hunteraimmsg
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - hunter_bytey
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2008, 06:06:20 AM »
I don't know whether you're having the problem with this OGG file or with any OGG file. For instance, Music Pack should work. Also I don't know which version of OpenAL EDuke32 you're using.

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2008, 06:27:57 AM »
Nevermind, after all the version I was using didn't have OpenAl in it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top