Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• September 19, 2019, 02:52:26 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Predator: Concrete Jungle  (Read 9169 times)

Rusty Nails

• ICQ Messenger - 156850845
    • View Profile
    • Email
Predator: Concrete Jungle
« on: April 08, 2004, 10:52:31 PM »
Predator Game

Name: Predator™: Concrete Jungle
Released: Late 2004
Publisher: Vivendi
Developers: Eurocom Entertainment
Formats: Playstation 2, X-Box.
Genre: Third-person game

Was first announced by Paul Anderson when he mentioned it by accident in an interview about Alien vs Predator. After months of speculation, Vivendi finally confirmed it in the middle of March 2004 that this game will be released at the end of 2004.

Latest News

Gamegossip Reports 16th March 2004:

"Additionally, following various reports around the net, Vivendi confirmed that 2004 will see the release of Predator across the Xbox, PlayStation 2 and PC platforms."

JoBlo's Reports 22nd December 2004:

Paul Anderson: "They’re doing a Predator video game that’s going to come out probably Christmas of next year, but it’s not related to this film."

It's on it's way, it's coming, all the way since late 2001/2002 or so I heard. What expectations do you have for this game? What would you like to see and what would you NOT like to see in this game?
There is not supposed to be any Xenomorphs whatsoever in this game ( (y) ) so I wonder if there will only be human hunting or if there will be other types of hunting, like dangerous animals on earth, or maybe even off-world alien hunting.
What do you think?

-Rusty Nails
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 01:20:53 AM by eralp »
Quote from: Geoffrey intoxicated
fuuuuck going down the stairs was like a
good duke nukem level
gameplay 9/10

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sebastianfritzon
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Rusty_Nails/

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
Predator Game
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 12:10:17 AM »
If it's third-person game then fuck it.  
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Rusty Nails

• View Profile
    • Email
Predator Game
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 12:13:27 AM »
How come? That would allow the player to make some kickass combos when fighting.
Third-person games kicks ass.

-Rusty Nails
good duke nukem level
gameplay 9/10

LAW

Predator Game
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 12:35:19 AM »
If it will be FPS and on PS 2 I will buy it. I dont like TPS games too much :(

DarkCaleb

• Coming This Winter Max Payne 3!
    • MSN Messenger - undeadwarrior51@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Predator Game
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 02:22:57 AM »
DAM'n Finaly a predator game ! :o  

FreeFrag

• ICQ Messenger - 144729090
    • MSN Messenger - blaster_b4m
    • AOL Instant Messenger - FreeFragSGS
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - freefragsgs
    • View Profile
    • Email
Predator Game
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 04:31:34 AM »
Third person's not that bad...
"In truth, I am nothing but a plodding mediocrity - please observe, a plodding mediocrity - for a mere mediocrity does not go very far, but a plodding one gets quite a distance."
-Benjamin Cardozo

Rusty Nails

• View Profile
    • Email
Predator Game
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2004, 12:37:16 AM »
Nah, just think of all the different types of cool moves you would be able to do that you can't with first person view. Climbing trees, jumping from a branch to another while cloaked. Awesome!
And all the possible combat techinques.. Mmm tasty.

Ripping skulls too. :P

-Rusty Nails
good duke nukem level
gameplay 9/10

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
Predator Game
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2004, 12:51:01 AM »
I hate playing any game so that the player is shown on the screen. It's annoying. It just doesn't cut it for me. Would never buy.  
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Rusty Nails

• View Profile
    • Email
Predator Game
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 07:26:14 AM »
There's has been some more info uncovered about the new Predator game, nothing about the Pc version though.
(this is a copy&paste from Avp:Galaxy)
"Vivendi Universal have announced their game line-ups for E3 2004 and they've finally told us what the mystery Predator game is called and what it's going to be about:

"Gamers will hunt down their prey in an urban killing zone as they take on the legendary role of the lethal Predator within this 3rd person action extravaganza. The intergalactic hunter has its sights set on Earth in this new console game. In Predator™: Concrete Jungle, the gripping tale of the fearsome alien’s history on Earth unfolds between two separate time periods, first the 1930s and then in the 2030s, as the Predator embarks on a mission of revenge upon an organized crime empire and its leader who seek to conquer all Predators."

"Taking inspiration from the popular film franchise, the game allows players to roam a vast city landscape stalking human prey while armed to the teeth with hunt-adapted vision modes, cloaking technology, and extraterrestrial weapons of annihilation. Predator: Concrete Jungle will be available in the fourth quarter 2004 for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft."

They don't mention anything about a PC release but you can read the full report on Gamers Hell.com.

Update: I just visited Gamespot and they've revealed who the developers are - Eurocom Entertainment."

Here's two screens from Ign.com:

I can see three weapons in that shot on the Hud. The wristblades, throwing disc and a spear. Looks cool.

Doesn't make sense why a pred would do that in the middle of the street though, but hopefully there's a logical explanation. :) (Maybe it's MP)
--

A cloaked predator using his spear. Yiihaaw!

-Rusty Nails
« Last Edit: May 08, 2004, 07:36:26 AM by Rusty_Nails »
good duke nukem level
gameplay 9/10

Rusty Nails

• View Profile
    • Email
Predator Game
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2004, 07:34:52 AM »
This is what they sat at Gamespot:

"Predator: Concrete Jungle E3 2004 Preshow First Look"

Vivendi Universal has announced plans to develop a new game based on the Predator, the self-destructing, Schwarzenegger-hating alien that starred in such films as Predator, Predator II, and the upcoming Aliens vs. Predator. The new game, Predator: Concrete Jungle is a third-person action adventure that carries an all-new storyline.

Concrete Jungle opens in small town during the organized crime-laden 1930s. It's the hottest summer in recent memory, and you, as a young Predator are on the hunt. Along the way you'll encounter a crime family, and take out several mobsters. Before too long, things on Earth go awry, and you're rescued by a predator spacecraft. Since the predators are into that Klingon-like "live with honor" sort of thing, having to be rescued is pretty high on the dishonor scale. As such, you're exiled to a hell planet, where few survive. After 100 years of solitude, you're given a second chance to return to that same spot on Earth, now around the year 2030. As a result of some of the things you did the last time you were in town, the crime family you messed with 100 years prior now runs things in the area. So it's up to you to get some skull-collecting revenge. Along the way, you'll even get to see some tie-ins to the Alien universe, such as the origins of the Weyland-Yutani corporation.

To get that revenge, you'll have a lot of the classic predator weaponry at your disposal. Weapons include wristblades, a net gun, the classic smart disk, a combistick, the plasmacaster, and a spear gun. You'll be able to equip three weapons at a time, meaning that you'll be able to quickly switch back and forth between your various weapons for the purpose of executing stylish combo strings. But you won't have to take on your enemies head-on all the time. There are also plans to include a sense of stealth-infused hunting in the game, allowing the player to "hunt with honor" or simply "kill at will." Stealth moves, such as hanging from ceilings, using a cloaking field, and crawling on walls, will presumably let you get the drop on your prey.

You'll also have four different vision modes to choose from. Thermal mode is a standard heat scan. Neuro scan mode lets you do a little mind-reading in order to detect threats, such as which human in a large crowd is the most aggressive, and so on. Prey scan lets you find weaknesses in your targets. Finally, the tech scan view will point out resources in the environments, such as usable items and other hint-type info.

Not much actual gameplay was shown at Vivendi Universal's preshow event, so how the game will actually look or function is still somewhat of a mystery. The game is being developed by Eurocom, specifically the same team that worked on EA's James Bond 007: NightFire.

Predator: Concrete Jungle is scheduled to ship in the fourth quarter of 2004 for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox. We'll have more details as they become available. "
« Last Edit: May 08, 2004, 07:35:13 AM by Rusty_Nails »
good duke nukem level
gameplay 9/10

BlitZ

• MSN Messenger - l_BlitZ_l@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - AllHailDukeNukem
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - all_hail_duke_nukem
    • View Profile
    • Email
Predator Game
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2004, 07:40:37 AM »
OMFG

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Predator Game
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2004, 04:37:23 PM »
woah, that looks cool..but aren't third person games supposed to show the back of the player and not the front? :P
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

deathwhore

• ICQ Messenger - 159280780
    • MSN Messenger - just_a_little_girl_@hotbrev.co
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Justifide6913
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - burn_your_cross
    • View Profile
    • Email
Predator Game
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2004, 05:15:19 PM »
it will suck. have you played nightfire?

LAW

Predator Game
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2004, 06:19:31 PM »
Looks coool but why not FPS. Alien Ressurection for PSX also was a TPS but they realised TPS sux, and turned it into FPS

Rusty Nails

• View Profile
    • Email
Predator Game
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2004, 07:40:29 PM »
That's because of the tight corridors Law.

it will suck. have you played nightfire?
Nope, don't want to try it out either.. :)

woah, that looks cool..but aren't third person games supposed to show the back of the player and not the front?  :P
It's probably like Max Payne2 or something, whatever cool movement you do shows a cooler angle.. No idea really. :P

-Rusty Nails
good duke nukem level
gameplay 9/10

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top