Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• September 22, 2018, 04:12:39 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 893 894 [895] 896 897 898

Author Topic: Ramblings,  (Read 1049367 times)

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ramblings,
« Reply #13410 on: December 22, 2017, 02:06:16 AM »
Whelp, the Steam Link I got a while ago turned out to be good, so now I went ahead and bought the Steam Controller as well. It was on sale and I had some extra Christmas money, so fuck it. :p

And thus the gradual morphing of a PC gamer to a console gamer continues...
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13411 on: December 22, 2017, 06:04:25 AM »
It was nice knowing you Sang. Enjoy your new life.

I'm not sure I game enough these days to justify a steam link. Ion Maiden is the only game I'm looking forward to.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13412 on: December 31, 2017, 11:23:48 PM »
Happy new year everybody, from 3am in Australia.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13413 on: January 02, 2018, 04:21:48 AM »
hAPPY NEW yEar!!!

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13414 on: January 27, 2018, 07:11:26 AM »
Built a new PC, had a pretty frustrating hiccup where a socket pin was bent on the motherboard, and I'm not sure if it was my fault or not. I ordered a second identical motherboard, performed the same actions, and it worked instantly. So it might have been busted on delivery. Gonna go to the shop tomorrow and see about getting it refunded but I'm not having super high hopes...

But it seems to be working alright now, haven't bothered to reinstall Windows at all yet, we'll see how it goes.
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #13415 on: January 27, 2018, 07:03:33 PM »
Did you try straightening the bent pin? That's usually enough to fix it. I had a few bent pins on the CPU a while back but it was an easy fix. Of course if it was delivered to you in that condition then it might be a good idea anyway to get a replacement so long as the warranty is still applicable.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13416 on: January 27, 2018, 09:35:02 PM »
I did try it, but I think I only made it worse. I don't have any screwdrivers or tweezers small enough to fix those microscopic pins. Also I'm clumsy. But the place I ordered it from mostly promises and achieves next day delivery. I ordered the new motherboard at 11 PM and it arrived less than 10 hours later. Shit's crazy.

Today I took the old motherboard back to the store and they did end up giving me a refund (y) They probably realized I may have fucked up the board, but the profit of having satisfied customers spreading good reviews probably outweighs the cost of a faulty item :P

Last.fm

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13417 on: January 27, 2018, 10:56:20 PM »
what kind of mobo was it?

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13418 on: January 28, 2018, 06:04:36 PM »

Last.fm

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13419 on: January 29, 2018, 01:16:02 AM »
Pretty good board. Haven't really come across anybody having major meltdowns with it. Read that an expert mode in bios is available if you want to custom overclock. Just watch the temps so you don't burn out your caps. Keep the vCore at 1.35v

From what I hear, MSI has decent customer service as well.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13420 on: January 29, 2018, 06:33:17 AM »
I'm not really into overclocking and customizing cooling and whatnot personally, it's just one of the better boards I could find for a 1151 socket for a good price/quality. Almost every motherboard now has features I don't really need :P

Last.fm

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13421 on: January 29, 2018, 10:37:13 AM »
It's a good choice and should last you quite awhile. It'll probably be outdated long before it ever wears out.

Just some advice - if you do decide to overclock - avoid the pre-set turbo-mode or whatever it's called in the msi bios.
Most boards have those generic  'overclocks', but they have built in fail-safes that err on the extreme side of caution. They usually end up throttling your system when you need peak performance.

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13422 on: February 04, 2018, 10:28:46 AM »
About a week ago, it was ten years since my arrive to this forum and therefore to this community too. I didn´t say anything expecting all of you to come with a sort of special event, since not all days you get a Gambini on your way!!

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13423 on: February 04, 2018, 11:51:38 AM »
happy birthday, pampa

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13424 on: March 10, 2018, 09:03:13 PM »
Well I saw Steven Wilson live for the first time and I'm a bit blown away by how good it was. Easily one of the best concerts I have ever seen.

Last.fm
Pages: 1 ... 893 894 [895] 896 897 898

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top