Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• September 22, 2018, 04:30:16 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 894 895 [896] 897 898

Author Topic: Ramblings,  (Read 1049369 times)

mrline

• Moderators
  • Mommy, there's a dinosaur in our backyard
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ramblings,
« Reply #13425 on: March 17, 2018, 04:10:53 AM »
Yes, Steven Wilson is awesome live. :) Glad you enjoyed it!
Quakis: DP3 never took place in a city? ( can't rembeer actually )

Maarten: OMGWTFSTUCKINVENTILATIONSHAFT!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=374342&T=9052

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13426 on: March 27, 2018, 02:22:25 AM »
Going to the US for the first time ever on Thursday. Gonna spend some time in Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and various national parks around Utah. Should be neat!
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13427 on: March 27, 2018, 06:00:38 AM »
Have fun.

Don't know how much time you'll have, but there are some neat pre-columbian indian cliff dwellings and petroglyph sites around that area too.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #13428 on: March 27, 2018, 07:45:44 PM »
Don't forget the Hoover Dam!
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13429 on: March 28, 2018, 07:06:31 AM »
My first trip to the US was last year, and didn't quite have time to see the Grand Canyon from the ground.

I went out of my way to take the longest possible tour of Hoover Dam though. As a civil engineer, it was a highlight of the trip.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #13430 on: March 28, 2018, 08:12:51 PM »
This is probably your last chance to see the Hoover Dam anyway; I heard they're considering renaming it the Mikko and Gambini Monument of Awesomeness thanks to the exposure we gave it in DNF2013.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13431 on: March 28, 2018, 09:47:06 PM »
Complete with bronze statue of two gay lovers

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13432 on: March 29, 2018, 07:26:15 PM »
I recall there being 2 statues.

I’m spending the long week end in Australia’s second largest city.
Herbs? Tell me more!

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13433 on: March 29, 2018, 10:14:25 PM »
I recall there being 2 statues.
The second statue is of their moms, so visitors would think actual men were involved in the construction.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13434 on: April 14, 2018, 12:24:50 PM »
Trip's over, doesn't look like I missed anything here :P

Was pretty nice, very friendly people, clear/direct communication and customer service almost everywhere.

The trip back was a bit longer than expected, it was supposed to be Las Vegas -> Salt Lake City -> Amsterdam and then a train back to Belgium from there, but our first flight was delayed making us miss the connection. At first Delta (the airline) rescheduled us for the next day on a flight from Salt Lake City to Detroit, then from Detroit to Minneapolis, then finally from Minneapolis to Amsterdam. I rejected that as I saw Salt Lake City had a flight leaving to Paris almost the very moment we arrived and asked to be put on that. Thankfully there was still room..

But the Paris Charles De Gaulle airport is a bit shitty and France is just not efficient at all compared to the US.. So when we arrived there it was another puzzle to figure out how to get back to Belgium. Had to take several trains but we did get home in the end, 25 hours after leaving our hotel in Vegas. :P

Flight from Salt Lake City to Paris took 9 hours
Getting from Paris to Ghent (about 300 km) took 8 hours (this includes waiting for trains though to be fair.. but still. A bit ridiculous). Public transport, ugh

Anyway I complain but it was a nice trip, I'll post some pics soon
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13435 on: April 14, 2018, 04:40:54 PM »
Delayed flights in the US are extremely common unfortunately. Happened to me twice on my trip.

How was Hoover Dam?
Herbs? Tell me more!

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13436 on: April 15, 2018, 02:47:34 AM »
Pretty lame mate you need to be a proper nerd to appreciate that boring shit  :HELLO:

Nah, was ok but only spent about an hour there

Last.fm

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13437 on: April 16, 2018, 06:51:47 PM »
Pretty lame mate you need to be a proper nerd to appreciate that boring shit  :HELLO:

Nah, was ok but only spent about an hour there
Pretty much what everyone I know says about it. Even the extended tour that supposed to go down into some of the deeper portions of it isn't that much more interesting.
I drove across it a few times & stopped at one of the overlook points along the highway, that's enough of a tour for me.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13438 on: April 16, 2018, 10:23:41 PM »
There's a pretty nice view from an observation deck they have in there which I think can only be accessed via a guided tour.

It is legitimately interesting how they managed to finish it in so little time, I don't think something like that could be made that quickly today.

Last.fm

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13439 on: May 15, 2018, 04:04:00 AM »
windows update time, I had some weird slowdown on startup so if I go missing you know something went wrong :P
Pages: 1 ... 894 895 [896] 897 898

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top