Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• November 14, 2018, 11:00:17 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899

Author Topic: Ramblings,  (Read 1088487 times)

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ramblings,
« Reply #13455 on: July 01, 2018, 06:26:25 PM »
Tried out Tinder since a mate of mine had some luck on it. Got a number from my first conversation. Asked her out 3 days later, but she'd apparently started seeing someone in the meantime. Story of my life; all the good ones are already taken  :P
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #13456 on: July 10, 2018, 09:34:42 PM »
Father died last Thursday (he just had to smoke his entire life) :( What a great way to start my three-week summer holiday; I won't be able to get rid of all the related logistics until the end of the month.

Tried out Tinder since a mate of mine had some luck on it. Got a number from my first conversation. Asked her out 3 days later, but she'd apparently started seeing someone in the meantime. Story of my life; all the good ones are already taken  :P

The thing with your mother didn't work out?
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13457 on: July 10, 2018, 10:01:26 PM »
my condolences Mikko, really sorry to hear that.

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13458 on: July 11, 2018, 04:45:16 AM »
That breaks my heart man. Condolences.
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13459 on: July 11, 2018, 08:51:48 PM »
Sorry to hear about that Mikko.
Don't know how close you were, but it can be a hard thing to deal with that may sneak up on you later.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13460 on: July 14, 2018, 03:21:41 AM »
Thanks guys (y) Of course at the end of the day it's only natural that we bury our parents rather than vice versa.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13461 on: July 21, 2018, 10:43:47 PM »
That's a Finnish statement if I ever heard one.
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13462 on: July 22, 2018, 04:50:48 AM »
So attic is inching ever so closely to being done. Did the flooring on thursday, now filling up drywall joints.. needs a few more layers + paint the whole thing. Then some doors and it's "done". I hope to be able to wrap this up in August.

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13463 on: July 22, 2018, 04:53:57 AM »
Epic. So that'll become the rape dungeon?

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13464 on: July 22, 2018, 06:00:23 AM »
Yeah man, for sure.

Weird to think that until December last year that place looked like this:

Last.fm

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13465 on: August 17, 2018, 07:19:39 PM »
Whelp, quit my job today. (to be more precise, I quit earlier, today was the last day of my notice) Starting new one on Monday.

I only worked there for two short years and while I learned a lot and liked most of the people there, I was getting increasingly frustrated by a few things which I feel I need to write down to maybe reflect on them in the future:

- Basically all of the software development we were asked to do was tightly controlled by business people without long term vision

- Most developers have been there for over 5 years and were all promoted to team leads, technical leads etc even if they were not necessarily the most qualified people to be in those positions

- One team, working on technical architecture instead of web applications, seemed hugely appealing to me - I mentioned it to my teamlead but he himself wanted to be part of that team as well.. He quickly gave me a negative review which I can't help but feel was for a large part office politics. Especially cause when I handed in my resignation I was told they were always very happy with my work. While I don't think I'd do the same if I were in his position I don't take it personally. But it meant I was going to be stuck in a role that was slowly but surely killing my passion for software development.

So now, I'm going to a large (5th largest in the world, I think) consultancy company where in theory they should have multiple clients all over Belgium, as well as other countries. The best case scenario is that I get put on clients near where I live (I asked for it, and they'll definitely try to do that for me, but they couldn't contractually promise it). At the very least, I hope to get more projects, clients and technology stacks under my belt... And maybe I might even end up in a company that fits me like a glove. Maybe. Not holding my breath though. :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 07:21:24 PM by Sang »

Last.fm

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13466 on: August 17, 2018, 07:41:54 PM »
Nice attic.

So you told your team leader you would rather work on a different project with a different leader.
Yeah. You hurt his feelings.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13467 on: August 17, 2018, 11:57:20 PM »
That's quite a misrepresentation of the situation :D

Last.fm

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13468 on: November 11, 2018, 08:08:23 PM »
This took way too long, but as of today here we are!

Still some cleaning up to do, but everything works :p
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 08:11:59 PM by Sang »

Last.fm

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13469 on: November 11, 2018, 09:50:52 PM »
Looks very nice. You did an excellent job.
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top