Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• July 20, 2019, 07:26:31 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 903

Author Topic: Ramblings,  (Read 1181539 times)

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ramblings,
« Reply #13485 on: January 10, 2019, 04:49:39 AM »
The project for the client I'm currently working for sucks and everyday I pray for death.

But there's light at the end of the tunnel: had a pretty difficult interview for another client but via my current employer some weeks ago and today I was informed that, normally, if all remaining formalities go well, I should have the part. I was selected among 8 other people so that's pretty fucking neato.

Hopefully it'll mean that by mid-February I'll have a project that hopefully will be the end of being frustrated with my profession for about a year now. And also, I'd be working 20 minutes from home again so I'll have more time to flirt with James and the cooler kids.
"heh, a sidenote, Iīd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonīt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #13486 on: January 10, 2019, 05:50:51 AM »
And also, I'd be working 20 minutes from home again

Yeah I'm a 20-minute walk (2km) from work as well and it feels like a luxury. Would hate to waste my time in traffic or hopping from one bus to another. (I always take my car to my mom's garage a hundred miles away for the winter months anyway since I don't want to deal with all the snow and battery issues.)
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13487 on: January 10, 2019, 07:04:32 AM »
At the moment on average I spend 3.5 hours commuting every day to our glorious capital of Brussels. Most of that time is spent either sitting still in traffic or on some stinky train :p.
I don't know how some people do it, it's not for me. I have colleagues at the client that have been doing this for over 10 years.

I know Davox has/had it worse with 6 hours of commuting daily, the absolute mad man!

It is a bit better now with the Christmas period as many people stay home, the past weeks I spent 2 hours on the road daily but it's becoming more crowded again and will probably be fully back in the shitter by next week
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 07:06:45 AM by Sang »
"heh, a sidenote, Iīd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonīt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13488 on: January 10, 2019, 11:52:27 PM »
Yeah I had a similar lengthy commute and now it's a 12 minute walk to work...that's probably the only luxury at that job though :P

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13489 on: January 11, 2019, 08:24:18 PM »
My bus ride is typically a bit over 15 minutes, one way. Of course, this is in non-peak traffic, and I’m fortunate enough to come and go whenever I want. I’m sure it could be double that in peak traffic on bad days.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13490 on: January 15, 2019, 02:11:40 AM »
Didnīt hit the 200km/h barrier by very close (only 5km/h away).

As the old man I am becoming, i donīt condole imprudence on driving, bearing that unvoluntary human lifes are in danger, but what i did was truly safer than what most people do all the time on the streets. It was a straight and absolutely lonely section of the road. And Iīve been looking forward to see if my car still could do as young (based on the tests). And I bet it does (at least on top speed) since it felt really willing to push the needle down that gauge a bit more.

I know lots of people have access to faster cars around the world, but for that little moment i felt very young again... I think Toretto said something like that on Fast and Furious (but itīs a stupid movie, so doesnīt count). I also finally performed this test to my car, which i love but i am afraid thereīs something going on on its engine, it lacks the reaction i expected since the day i bought it but the cold numbers are good so far (top speed, accelaration). Itīs something I feel itīs not pushing as good as it should, and I have fun researching it.

Just a throught that crossed my mind: to share this with the people that would give a bit more than a fuck  :P

Iīve been running out of people that care about what i think lately. Either Iīm losing my grip on sanity, or the world is becoming shittier because people is becoming so comfortable on their box of specific interest, they care less about intelectual connection. So I do i guess.

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13491 on: January 15, 2019, 10:07:43 PM »
People are becoming more and more isolated inside their little bubble. Social media is a dopamine hit, and it's addictive.
I took  my son to get a haircut the other day and everyone in the sitting room, from small children to senior citizens, were sitting there with their faces buried in their mobile devices. I was the only one looking around.

As for your driving experience, doing that in a street car on a public road is hella-fun. That's the kind of rush I enjoy.
It's been quite some time since I've done anything like that. I think it was back in the mid-90s when I was stationed in Germany and I had a 1980 Z-28 camaro. I took it out on the autobauhn; really had no idea how fast I was going because I had the speedometer pegged at 120mph, but I was flying by everyone.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13492 on: January 16, 2019, 02:21:31 AM »
The little bubble is becoming a serious cultural change. I also prefer to look around than sticking my head on a little screen.

I had a 1980 Z-28 camaro. I took it out on the autobauhn; really had no idea how fast I was going because I had the speedometer pegged at 120mph, but I was flying by everyone.

Mine is a built-in-france Peugeot 405 STI 1998, 2 litter, 8 valves, mpi, the luxuriest version of the model. Itīs almost a classic here because the Peugeot 405 was very popular but in its national, simpler, version. So mine is a an unique model (The 16 valves version is definetely a classic). I got it by casuality, was simply looking at any car on my budget, and this one was from a friend of my dad, who was willing to sell it for cheap because he had a much better car, and this one was just sitting there.

I got it like new, 80000 kms (50k miles) and had been taken good care for most of its life. Although it had a last hard year when another relative used it and neglected it. But itīs a very enjoyable car and the fixes i had to do to it were nice challenges i tackled, because its pieces are so clean and smartly mounted, I got the hand to do it all by my own. with the help of internet and some new tools investment i have been having lot of joy learning and working on it. Wish I had the time to rebuild the engine all by my own.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13493 on: January 16, 2019, 06:41:28 AM »
Before mobile phones people had their heads buried in newspapers. Sorry but I don't accept the "these damn kids" opinion.

Personally I'm often reading articles or listening to podcasts on it but hey looks like I'm just a husk addicted to Facebook or something :')

I will agree that social media is not (always) a good thing but that's more because it leads to ever more polarizing opinions. I'm sure there really are people completely addicted that live in some kind of bubble but I don't believe right now that that's a majority...

Anyway I find the concept that you guys regard yourself as redpilled humans a bit ludicrous.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 06:47:40 AM by Sang »

Last.fm

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13494 on: January 16, 2019, 06:22:57 PM »
Mine is a built-in-france Peugeot 405 STI 1998, 2 litter, 8 valves, mpi, the luxuriest version of the model. It´s almost a classic here because the Peugeot 405 was very popular but in its national, simpler, version. So mine is a an unique model (The 16 valves version is definetely a classic).

I got the hand to do it all by my own. with the help of internet and some new tools investment i have been having lot of joy learning and working on it. Wish I had the time to rebuild the engine all by my own.
Nice find.
You should put a turbo on that thing and see what it'll really do. Update your life insurance policy.

I enjoyed working on cars as well. It's why I went to school to be an auto-tech. Then the military tried to kill me and I've been too damaged to do the job since.

Rebuilding engines, transmissions, and differentials is a lot easier than most people think. It only becomes difficult when you start machining parts to specific tolerances. Being good with math at knowing areas, diameters, and volumes helps.

edit: almost didn't notice; lol@indignantSang #forevermillenial
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 06:25:35 PM by Forge »

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13495 on: January 16, 2019, 07:14:01 PM »
I have been tempted to try some mods on it, but unlike with my older car, there is no detailed or reliable data or documentation. It doesnīs seem to be a modding-friendly engine, and keep in mind itīs my everyday car, so i canīt go with too much trial and error.

The closest thing I could try would be finding a 16 valves cylinder head, which I am almost sure itīs compatible with my block. But that would also require to rebuild the bottoms as itīs a 20+ years old engine and Iīm not sure it can take that extra power so easily. Fuel inyection would be another problem too because I would have to change the intake manifold, inyectors and therefore the whole Ecu and throttle body.

For now thatīs just something I only think about from time to time. What Iīm sure i will do some day is buying the most branded, stainless steel sport exhaust system they sell here. I once took it to an exhaust shop where they put me a "sport-like" exhaust system, i did it thinking that would increase power, but instead it only increased noise, which is shameful because now the car sounds loud and powerful but runs the same (i prefer the other way around  ^_^ )

Rebuilding engines, transmissions, and differentials is a lot easier than most people think. It only becomes difficult when you start machining parts to specific tolerances. Being good with math at knowing areas, diameters, and volumes helps.

I do that kind of stuff since Iīm a kid, but with mopeds and small motorcycles. I have started doing it on cars as a more serious thing since i bought this one.

I actually enjoy the hell of it, bury my head in whatever Iīm working on and put a lot of detail and passion on doing it right. Just like with modding, but with a more practical outcome.

Anyway I find the concept that you guys regard yourself as redpilled humans a bit ludicrous.

Why? I believe i lived most of the past 4-5 years walking through a side-road and it made me  happy for most of that time. I canīt say it still works, but If you ever got to know me in real person one thing would sure stand and itīs that I am not a regular guy.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 07:27:13 PM by Gambini »

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13496 on: January 16, 2019, 08:37:59 PM »
I have been tempted to try some mods on it
It gets to be expensive. Especially if there aren't that many of those vehicles in your region.
Doubly so if it requires special tools.

You can do small stuff though, like rebuild your carburetor and see if you can get better fuel jets. Replace the stock head gasket with a performance gasket for a little higher compression. Retard the timing a little. Etc.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13497 on: January 16, 2019, 09:30:06 PM »
With the exception of the gasket, everything else you mentioned is controlled by the Electronic Central Unit. Which because of its age is not easy to "chip".

I could increase fuel pressure on the inyectors ramp, then the Ecu wouldnīt know its inyecting more fuel, that added to the high performance exhaust and maybe an aftermarket filter, would sure give some extra power, while keeping things under control. I have my doubts about those aftermarket filters though, they accelerate wear but worse than that they take air from the engine compartment, which is hot and expanded.

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13498 on: January 16, 2019, 09:46:34 PM »
I have my doubts about those aftermarket filters though, they accelerate wear but worse than that they take air from the engine compartment, which is hot and expanded.
After-market filters don't really filter much of anything smaller than 1/2 of a 1cm sq. That means the engine gets a lot of particles in the combustion chamber and over time it erodes the cylinder walls.
It's why several of them require filter oil. They hope to catch things via the fly-paper method. But oiling the filter kinda defeats the purpose of having a high-flow filter in the first place.
Just get an after-market airbox that pulls its fresh air from the front grill. The faster you go, the more air gets rammed into the intake.

I don't know what you can do about chipping if they aren't easily obtained. The car is possibly governed not to go over 200kmph, no matter what you do to it.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13499 on: January 17, 2019, 12:12:31 AM »
The engine is limited not to go over 6500rpm. Which in fifth gear is about 205km/h on the gauge (surprisingly this speedo has an error thresold of 0-2 km/h, compared to a gps) In a magazine that tested the car in its time, they clocked 198,700.
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 903

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top