Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• September 19, 2019, 02:37:26 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Half-Life (PS2)  (Read 8395 times)

HighWire

• Survival
  • The ConstruKction of Light
    • View Profile
    • Email
Half-Life (PS2)
« on: May 12, 2004, 01:23:06 AM »
What cool features does Half-Life have on the PS2 actually? Did it had some neat stuff like more story explanations or what?  
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 11:01:33 PM by erc »
"...I need to code in Rusty's balls as well." - James

Quakis

• MSN Messenger - quakis_962@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Half-Life (PS2)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 01:23:59 AM »
No, just the same game, with better models (you can get a patch for this with Blue Shift).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 10:57:53 PM by erc »

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Half-Life (PS2)
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 01:27:50 AM »
It features a Co-op mode called Decay where you play as Collette Green and Gina Cross (that hologram woman) - it tells you a bit more about the story like why you launched that rocket, etc.

It's actually pretty damn good. The models are better than the HD pack (Barney has actual eyes as well as the scientists) although you can get even better ones from HIT which I work for.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 10:58:33 PM by erc »

HighWire

• Survival
  • The ConstruKction of Light
    • View Profile
    • Email
Half-Life (PS2)
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 05:49:16 PM »
As for the PS2 version; it features a coop scenario, as James mentioned, which spans over ten separate maps, where you play two female scientists.

Ah, yes I remember that. :) One had a green HEV suit and the other a blue one if I am right. :)  
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 11:01:10 PM by erc »
"...I need to code in Rusty's balls as well." - James

Daedolon

• View Profile
Re: Half-Life (PS2)
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 12:59:14 AM »
Texture quality is a little low throughout the game, compared to the PC version, but that doesn't bothers me much. There are two bonus modes included besides the main game, all with an easy-to-navigate menu and comfortable controls - so it's a good deal, IMO.

I always thought it looked a bit better to me than the original PC version, might be because of the limited resolution of the TV gives you the impression of hi-res textures.

The Decay is fun, but I still haven't been able to finish of the last level (it's so goddamn hard! :angry:) with my friends. The controls are sleek and the game runs smoothly apart from few very rare slowdowns. Even if you have played the original game through many times, it's still a good bargain if you manage to find it around ten euros.

Makes me want to play the singleplay campaign through again, it's just so easy to insert the CD and play ^_^

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top