Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• June 20, 2019, 12:05:05 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Budget Game Reviews  (Read 71972 times)

Telee

• View Profile
Re: Budget games and budget game reviews
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2007, 01:06:37 PM »
Game: James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire
Price: 15 dollars and below

James Bond 007 is another game in the growing Bond series of games. As such, you'll spend most of the game infiltrating buildings or shooting things beyond recognition. Either way, Agent Under Fire has above-average action which will keep you awake. You also get to drive in a couple missions as well as commandeer a tank. The objectives are decent and entertaining too.

First off, this game is a disappointment compared to the other Bond games. There's only one stealth mission and the rest of the game is just shooting everything while hearing that annoying Bond tune. There's also 'bond moves'. Whenever you do something Bond would do, you are awarded a bond move. Unfortunately, the game overuses it. You get bond moves for EVERY LITTLE THING. Use your Q-Claw to grapple up to a ledge for the tenth time, and you'll get a bond move. Slice through a lock with your Q-Laser and you'll get a bond move. OPEN A DOOR AND YOU'LL GET A BOND MOVE (I'm not kidding)... Not to mention you can download secret files off a computer at the press of a large, blinking button, and somehow know the combination to every single keypad lock.  I seriously don't know what they were thinking.

The plot is pretty bad too. Basically some terrorists are planning on cloning the world leaders, killing them then replacing them with the clones, thus taking over the world. Hasn't the 'taking over the world' story been used a bit too much?

One last thing; this game is just... stupid. That's the only word I can use to describe it. I already mentioned all my reasons above, specifically the large blinking button and the keypad locks.

Agent Under Fire is a bad game that fails on multiple accounts. It's worth a rent but it's generally a big, big mess.

Thedutchjelle

• Starcraft rules.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2007, 02:03:19 PM »
^_^
A while ago (like 2 years) , my father had to retrieve something from a computerstore. While he was there, the people were cleaning out the storage area. And they asked if he could help.

He found 3 sealed boxes in a corner, with games that were WAY to old to sell anymore (with Netherland's old currency on it, like ƒ125,-). He got them all for free

Among those was ofcourse a lot of crap (Example : A game called Rune.. it used the UT engine but it sucked so baaaaad), but i liked Baldur's Gate (Big manual, 5 CD's, pwnage graphics (all handdrawn!)), Carmageddon 2 (Lolz, lots of blood and multiplayer is awesome to. You get cars random, so try and win with your buggy vs my 50 ton truck.).
Starcraft rules.

Hopeless Encounters Succesfully Won
Thedutchjelle

Geoffrey

• AMC Staff
  • elitist faggot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2007, 02:34:35 PM »
Carma2 has a great soundtrack, that's for sure :) Nothing beats jumping rooftops while your speakers are barfing out "FALLING DOWN FALLING DOOOOWN FALLING DOOOOWN"
We'll build our own Tripods. Ours will have 4 legs...

Thedutchjelle

• Starcraft rules.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2007, 06:33:52 PM »
Carma2 has a great soundtrack, that's for sure :) Nothing beats jumping rooftops while your speakers are barfing out "FALLING DOWN FALLING DOOOOWN FALLING DOOOOWN"

I dunno, i always played with the soundtrack off. I liked the weird power ups though, it is possible to defeat a 50 ton truck with a 50 kg buggy, if you use the Solid Granite powerup :P
Also, the pedestrian thunderstorm was pretty neet to.
Starcraft rules.

Thedutchjelle

Geoffrey

• AMC Staff
  • elitist faggot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »
That's true :) If you get far enough in the game your car's strength will go through the roof, one good hit can basicly take out giant trucks and such (which was a mission IIRC, you had to beat a gigantic truck which was next to impossible, unles you found the right powerup and hit him head on (which was doable, since there was this long road from corner A to corner B - he was in A, I was in B, PEDAL TO THE METAL YEAH)).

I got really far but I stopped playing at some aircraft carrier map, you had to find some special places which I just couldn't get to which frustrated the shit out of me. I did complete carmageddon TDR2000 (which beats carma2 with ease!) though :)

Thedutchjelle

• Starcraft rules.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2007, 10:07:51 PM »
That's true :) If you get far enough in the game your car's strength will go through the roof, one good hit can basicly take out giant trucks and such (which was a mission IIRC, you had to beat a gigantic truck which was next to impossible, unles you found the right powerup and hit him head on (which was doable, since there was this long road from corner A to corner B - he was in A, I was in B, PEDAL TO THE METAL YEAH)).

I got really far but I stopped playing at some aircraft carrier map, you had to find some special places which I just couldn't get to which frustrated the shit out of me. I did complete carmageddon TDR2000 (which beats carma2 with ease!) though :)

I cheated through the entire single player game, those missions sucked imo. I replayed my fav maps over and over till i had all the 1337 cars and my fav car (the Hummer or something.. it's black/yellow) was uber upped.
Starcraft rules.

Thedutchjelle

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2007, 11:46:32 PM »
Have you guys played the first one as well? It roxors :ph34r:
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2007, 11:51:38 PM »
Have you guys played the first one as well? It roxors :ph34r:

Brings back such great memories! However, I played the game for maybe a few months and mostly with cheats. I really didn't like the way the single-player campaign was done apart from its innovative levels. Playing the first one really made the subsequent games rather useless.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2007, 12:16:15 PM »
In the category of FREE games (can't get any more budget than that) I recommend Icy Tower, by Free Lunch Design: http://www.freelunchdesign.com/games.php

It's extremely fun and addictive.

Also, I wonder if anyone around here has played Adventure Quest?

http://www.battleon.com/aq-about.asp

"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2007, 09:47:04 PM »
I did play Battle-On once. Didn't like it much.
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Telee

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2007, 10:40:18 AM »
Hm - I recently saw that Geoffrey posted some screens of WWII: Iwo Jima in the screenshots thread some time back. It looks kinda interesting - the question is, is it worth it? I hear it's really short.

I also saw WWII: Normandy. These looked pretty cool, too - the review says the game are short but since it's about 2 or 3 dollars it might be worth it. I'm not looking for a realistic war FPS here, just a fast-paced run-and-gun FPS that isn't too realistic.

Geoffrey

• AMC Staff
  • elitist faggot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2007, 02:19:46 PM »
No, it's definately not worth it. Well, maybe for a few bucks - you can have a little fun and truth be told the music is great.

Telee

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2007, 11:11:13 PM »
Thanks, I'll go after some other games like RTCW and Serious Sam then :) The reason I posted that is because I didn't want to buy something that's QFH quality.

I also saw some Vietnam game by the same developer and that looked like shit.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2007, 11:13:49 PM »
Thanks, I'll go after some other games like RTCW and Serious Sam then :)

If it comes down to you having to choose between these two, pick Sam! It's less realistic but it's loads more fun than RTCW (that's not to say RTCW is a bad game, just not as fun as Sam)

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2007, 12:07:08 AM »
Wrong. RTCW is better.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top