Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• September 19, 2019, 03:06:05 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171]

Author Topic: Post UR Pic 2  (Read 274983 times)

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Post UR Pic 2
« Reply #2550 on: January 18, 2014, 07:24:26 PM »
Congrats, now buy some non-torn jeans and you'll be set!
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: January 18, 2014, 10:08:47 PM »
I have been reading, though, that running for so long (I run 30mins three days a week, at medium intensity) can cause irreversible muscular necrosis on the fast fibers which are those that you develop when lifting weight.
It´s sad because it´s been something I was doing with lot of enthusiasm
Not necessarily true for everybody, and 30 minutes 3 times a week isn't that intense.
There are also supplements and dietary items that help offset the effects (iirc, green tea and the like)

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2552 on: January 19, 2014, 02:34:47 AM »
Congrats, now buy some non-torn jeans and you'll be set!

meh.. my wife gifted them to me because she says i look like a bum. She should have chosed non-torn ones if her intention was to change my aspect :P

Not necessarily true for everybody, and 30 minutes 3 times a week isn't that intense.
There are also supplements and dietary items that help offset the effects (iirc, green tea and the like)

Well I just don´t want to cause the opposite thing im trying to achieve. I dont have a lot of fat left so it´s probably wise to focus on anaerobic excercises.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2553 on: January 19, 2014, 03:24:21 PM »
I wouldn't worry about damaging your muscles by running - people have been doing it for 10s of thousands of years, I'm pretty sure the body is designed to cope with it.

However everyone does tend to say you shouldn't do cardio and weight lifting at the same time because it apparently slows down your muscle development. Now this may be true (my dad who's a doctor doesn't buy into it), however I spent the whole of the last year doing both weight lifting and cardio at the same time and had a slow but steady muscle gain, so it can't be too bad.

Also like you I've messed up my right shoulder (must be a Quality Mapper's weakness  ^_^ ) so I've been forced to stick to just cardio and have lost almost all my muscle in about 3 weeks  :/
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: January 20, 2014, 03:26:47 AM »
I wish I could gain 10 kilos. I made some progress that way during the Christmas holidays; I gained 4 kilos, but now I've lost that too. My body burns stuff off too fast. I don't exercise a lot but I do regularly; for example, I never take the car when I go shopping for groceries; I simply walk even with all the stuff I have to carry. And now that it's winter I play hockey about three times a week.

I'd eat more fast food if it were cheaper but it's like nearly 10€ a pop here; you can eat three self-made meals with that kind of money.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2555 on: January 20, 2014, 10:05:13 PM »
However everyone does tend to say you shouldn't do cardio and weight lifting at the same time because it apparently slows down your muscle development. Now this may be true (my dad who's a doctor doesn't buy into it), however I spent the whole of the last year doing both weight lifting and cardio at the same time and had a slow but steady muscle gain, so it can't be too bad.

Also like you I've messed up my right shoulder (must be a Quality Mapper's weakness  ^_^ ) so I've been forced to stick to just cardio and have lost almost all my muscle in about 3 weeks  :/

I´m not doing muscular right now, I´ve started all this going to gym and combining 30min running on the belt + 1 hour of muscular routines. But I left it in mid december as the gym was close to my job and I would have to skip a lot of "classes" because of christmas time and my holidays (not to mention it´s summer here and gyms stink when it´s so hot). So I replaced it with running on the street + doing push ups, abs, bar and all those things government puts in the parks these days:
And yes, while I made quite a lot of progress on the weights i was lifting when doing gym, It barely did any difference on the visual aspect of my muscles. So I´m inclined to believe the aerobics were being counterproductive.

I wish I could gain 10 kilos. I made some progress that way during the Christmas holidays; I gained 4 kilos, but now I've lost that too. My body burns stuff off too fast. I don't exercise a lot but I do regularly; for example, I never take the car when I go shopping for groceries; I simply walk even with all the stuff I have to carry. And now that it's winter I play hockey about three times a week.

I'd eat more fast food if it were cheaper but it's like nearly 10€ a pop here; you can eat three self-made meals with that kind of money.

Why you´d want to gain 10kilos of fat??? I mean, based on your idea of eating crapfood as a method, doesn´t look like you want to gain healthy weight :S  If you´re too skinny I´d be more focused on eating things like banana, chicken, oats, walnuts, rice, etc. That´s not excesively expensive and will help your body in many ways.

oh well maybe in a place with those extreme climates having fat is a kind of protection.  :huh:

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: January 20, 2014, 10:52:20 PM »
I wish I could gain 10 kilos.

Why you´d want to gain 10kilos of fat??? I mean, based on your idea of eating crapfood as a method, doesn´t look like you want to gain healthy weight :S  If you´re too skinny I´d be more focused on eating things like banana, chicken, oats, walnuts, rice, etc. That´s not excesively expensive and will help your body in many ways.
This.

You need to find out how many calories you burn a day, then add a hundred or two more to your dietary intake with healthy food. Crap food=crap weight which jacks up your body in many unhealthy ways (high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease, reduced metabolism that accelerates other health problems, etc., etc)

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2557 on: January 21, 2014, 01:40:29 AM »
I wouldn't worry about damaging your muscles by running - people have been doing it for 10s of thousands of years, I'm pretty sure the body is designed to cope with it.

Incorrect posture when running can definitely cause damage.
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: January 21, 2014, 03:33:31 AM »

I actually wasn't thinking of going for fast food for nutrition but merely eating it, say, once a week or so. I don't like the idea of having to eat tons of vegetables a day to gain extra weight. I was hoping for a simple, cheap and healthy way to gain weight. I almost always consider eating a chore anyway.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2559 on: January 21, 2014, 07:35:51 AM »
If you want to gain weight, I'd suggest carbs. Things like breads, pasta etc. You'd be surprised how many calories are in a slice of bread (although I think some brands add sugar to make it taste better).

Btw

I wish I could gain 10 kilos.

People like me hate people like you  :/
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171]

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top