Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• December 14, 2017, 07:20:11 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229]

Author Topic: Last movie/show you watched?  (Read 261568 times)

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Last movie/show you watched?
« Reply #3420 on: May 22, 2017, 03:03:18 AM »
I saw Prometheus last night, so that I would be caught up before seeing Alien Covenant later today. It was pretty good. It was unfortunate that the theatrical release cut out some key dialogue involving the alien engineer --- I mean wtf, the audience has waited almost 2 hours to see the creator aliens, they deserve 30 seconds of dialogue. But overall it was quite good, although the visual design was much stronger than the script.
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: May 22, 2017, 03:15:15 AM »
It's a bit of a mess. Covenant is much better.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3422 on: May 22, 2017, 08:27:49 AM »
Confirmed: Covenant is an excellent film. It is indeed extremely dark and disturbing. I'm sure this is why a lot of people don't like it.
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: May 23, 2017, 03:40:19 AM »
Glad to hear it. (y) I already want to see it again, but I've never actually went to see a movie twice in the theater.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

mrline

• Mommy, there's a dinosaur in our backyard
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3424 on: June 24, 2017, 08:08:04 PM »
^
I also liked Alien covenant, the body horror was very well done.

Saw Wonder Woman yesterday, and it's good. Nice to finally see a solid DCEU movie with things like consistent story telling, a well established tone and likeable characters. It's only took them 4 tries, but hey. :)

Not a perfect film though, for one it's too long and it takes a while to really get going. It could have easily been trimmed down a bit. Villians are once again pretty weak, especially the German general was pretty bad. So I'd say the movie is a tad overrated, but it's bound to happen when a franchise finally gets a solid movie again after several weaker entries. Same thing happened with Force Awakens.
Quakis: DP3 never took place in a city? ( can't rembeer actually )

Maarten: OMGWTFSTUCKINVENTILATIONSHAFT!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=374342&T=9052

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3425 on: July 04, 2017, 03:41:27 PM »
I saw Hardcore Henry recently, it's a movie shot entirely from the first person perspective, where you're a cyborg trying to save your wife and stop a bad guy and his army of cyborgs. Not sure if I'll ever watch it again, but I highly recommend at least one viewing of it if you can get your hands on it. The story was better than expected, and some of the action is really well done.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

mrline

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3426 on: July 15, 2017, 03:28:48 PM »
Maarten saw that film and he hated it haha.

Films I saw recently:

Baby driver - coolest movie of the year! Heist movie set to great music. Although the plot is pretty straight forward, the characters, the dialogue and the way the movie is edited to the music will keep you entertained.

Spiderman Homecoming - first time I truly get why this character is so popular (I never really liked the Toby Maguire version - sorry :p). Great feel good movie, with a couple of twists I did not see coming (which is pretty rare these days, so kudos for that) and a solid villain for once.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3427 on: October 23, 2017, 04:23:33 AM »
Saw Blade Runner 2049. It was good, although I think the first one was a bit better. I love how the trailers promoted it as a sci-fi action film but that couldn't be further from the truth.

The music was pretty forgettable though. Hans Zimmer did the score apparently, but it feels like he's doing every big movie these days; he's incredibly overrated in this respect. I don't know why film studios keep hiring him; it's not like people who aren't going to see it will go "oohh wait Hans Zimmer? Count me in now!".
Herbs? Tell me more!

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

mrline

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3428 on: October 25, 2017, 10:15:35 PM »
Blade Runner 2049 was a weird one for me. When I left the theatre I was a little disappointed but the more I thought about the movie the more I started to really like it. I think the initial disappointment came from the misdirection in the trailers, which as you say showed more of an action-SF movie. But when you accept the movie as it is, it's really good. (y)

Still trying to figure out if I should go see Geostorm or not. I have a soft spot for cheesy disaster movies, but the word of mouth is really bad so far (apparently it doesn't even get the disaster stuff right).

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3429 on: October 26, 2017, 03:57:45 AM »
I saw Blade Runner 2049 last week and I really did enjoy it. I was expecting it to be like Jurassic World or the Independence Day sequel, ie. a cash grab banking on a nostalgia factor in an otherwise worthless movie. Not so with Blade Runner, while I'm sure nostalgia is the prime reason for its existence it is a good movie in its own right.
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3430 on: October 27, 2017, 08:23:51 AM »
And I watched Interstellar. Indeed a good movie with lots of true science bolted to its story!

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3431 on: October 27, 2017, 02:16:33 PM »
Yeah, like ice clouds.
Herbs? Tell me more!

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3432 on: October 31, 2017, 03:08:12 AM »
Watched BR2049 as well; really liked it! I knew it wasn't an action film going into it (which funnily enough the original BR also was portrayed as an action film by the trailer) so I knew what to expect roughly.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3433 on: October 31, 2017, 04:32:51 AM »
Yeah same here, I went in expecting a slow movie. Saw it with a mate who hadn't seen the first one in recent memory and I tried to persuade him before going in not to expect too much action. Not sure how successful I was but hopefully I made his experience a bit better than it would have been otherwise.
Herbs? Tell me more!

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: November 01, 2017, 09:59:56 PM »
Yeah the new Blade Runner was pretty good. It's almost 3 hours long but didn't really feel that long at all; in fact, it felt like the movie was cut short. I'm not completely sold on Gosling though, he's just a bit too neutral for my taste.

I don't know why film studios keep hiring him; it's not like people who aren't going to see it will go "oohh wait Hans Zimmer? Count me in now!".

I'm sure something like that will have an effect at the margin, i.e., those who are pretty evenly split between going or not going. Gambini mentioned Interstellar; Zimmer's soundtrack is probably the single most prominent thing about it.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229]

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top