Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• December 10, 2018, 11:39:09 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231

Author Topic: Last movie/show you watched?  (Read 315210 times)

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Last movie/show you watched?
« Reply #3435 on: December 19, 2017, 04:42:51 AM »
Saw the new Star Wars last weekend.. I was entertained but that's about it. To me it didn't feel like the movie had any charm or vision, I felt like I saw a sequence of checks on a list of items that are sure to make a movie popular these days put together by some business committee or whatever.

I wanna say "Disney doesn't care about Star Wars, they just make forgettable movies to keep knocking money out of people's pockets", but then Rogue One was genuinely good.

It says a lot that a rolling beeping robot is the most interesting character in these movies.
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

mrline

• Mommy, there's a dinosaur in our backyard
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3436 on: December 19, 2017, 11:02:57 PM »
I'm going to see it tonight, and I really don't know what to expect this time around. Apparently it's a divisive film among fans. From I heard, at least it doesn't just repeat the beats from the old trilogy (like Force awakans did).

One movie I really enjoyed this year was Thor: Ragnarok. Just the right mix of crazy new worlds, quirky humor and epic looking action set pieces for me. Plus Led Zeppelin.
Quakis: DP3 never took place in a city? ( can't rembeer actually )

Maarten: OMGWTFSTUCKINVENTILATIONSHAFT!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=374342&T=9052

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3437 on: December 21, 2017, 04:43:46 AM »
Now that you mention Thor: Ragnarok... The new Star Wars movie does feel like it's heavily inspired by the Marvel superhero movies. But without any of the charm.
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

mrline

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3438 on: December 21, 2017, 04:55:33 AM »
Alright, saw it. And it's a mixed bag (altough I won't lie, it definitely was a very entertaining movie and I enjoyed it more than Force Awakens).

To me it actually feels like the opposite of a committee film, this director wanted to make his own version of star wars. And by doing so, he pretty much threw previously established lore and story lines out of the window.
No wonder some fanboys are pissed off XD.

Judged as a chapter in a larger series, it's not good. It just doesn't feel like a logical continuation of a larger story.
Judged on it's own merits, it's a well made movie with good acting, several memorable moments and great visuals (although some subplots should have been cut out). Luke Skywalker was easily the best thing about the movie.

And yes, the humor felt too much like Marvel at times.I like Marvel, but let Star wars be its own thing. Speaking of Marvel, seems like they're the only one capable of making a consistent extended universe.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: January 18, 2018, 06:26:31 AM »
Saw the new Star Wars as well.

Judged as a chapter in a larger series, it's not good. It just doesn't feel like a logical continuation of a larger story.

Yeah overall it kinda felt like a relatively unimportant piece in the middle of a story; I mean, what else happens in the movie aside from the bad guys chasing the good guys' ship and the girl trying to convince Luke to return?
Finn's segment could have been cut entirely from the movie.
Darth Emo is still annoying but at least he's unpredictable, which creates suspense.
The effects were very good. That's kind of a given these days but still, this movie looked really good, especially the walkers at the end and the woman with the weird hairdo using the ship as a bullet.
Oscar Isaac is also a great, great actor; he was fantastic in A Most Violent Year & Inside Llewyn Davis (and underutilized in X-Men - Apocalypse), and he's by far the most talented actor in Star Wars.
I don't think they got much out of Luke in this movie aside from the Walker scene.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3440 on: February 21, 2018, 04:49:00 AM »
John Wick 2 - it's still really damn cool, although you kind of realise that a lot of his kills are basically 'tackle one guy to the floor, shoot 2 others than nail the floor guy in the head' but they still mixed it up a lot. It helps that Keanu is some kind of deity and can pull all these crazy moves off authentically. Not sure what the hell they're gonna do for number 3 but I'm on board regardless.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: February 21, 2018, 05:29:33 AM »
I thought that the "excuse" for the bloodbath was much lamer this time around. In the first one you could actually understand what was driving him.

Btw, if you like this type of movies, I'd recommend Equalizer too.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3442 on: February 21, 2018, 02:03:40 PM »
I felt they did a alright job setting up that the assassin code of honour stuff was serious business in the first film when they gunned the chick down for killing on continental ground (I was a bit confused why that scene was in the first film until this one) so it felt alright to me.

Looking up this Equalizer and it's got Denzel Washington in it who I like so I might give it a spin, thanks for recommending it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 02:05:26 PM by James »

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3443 on: April 29, 2018, 06:42:09 AM »
Yeah I enjoyed Equalizer.

I just saw Avengers: Infinity War last night. It's good, I'd give it a 7.5-8/10, which is lower than the 9.1 it currently has on IMDB with ~100,000 votes.

My biggest issue is that there wasn't much of a plot, or at least not enough for the 2.5 hour length. They spent a lot of time trying to tug your heartstrings, but IMO that's not a substitute. Several characters were also just 'there' with not much to do, which is understandable given they had to cram so many people in. Still, I heard there was a ~3 hour final cut, and I'd like to see that at some point as it may address these issues.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

mrline

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3444 on: April 29, 2018, 06:14:27 PM »
Saw Infinity War a couple of days ago. Right now, I'd give it at least a 9/10, but that might change after a second viewing.

It's a movie I both anticipated and dreaded, because it easily could have been a complete clusterfuck. But kudos to everyone involved for making it work. I think people forget just how easy it is to completely screw up a ridicilously enormous project like this (well just look at Justice Leage and - to some extend - The Last Jedi).

Thanos lived up to the hype, the movie feels incredibly balanced (a few minor issues aside) and the scope feels as big and epic as it should be. So yeah I'm very happy with this film. :)

I think the only real issue is that you need to be invested in the MCU and its characters to really enjoy a film like this. You need to know what happened in previous movies and who these characters are before going in.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3445 on: April 30, 2018, 04:58:12 PM »
I've been following the MCU closely for many years now, since the 2nd half of phase 1.

I see what you're trying to say, how they're trying to illustrate some of the trauma and sacrifice that the characters are making to protect people, however I feel that all the jokes the characters are making about loss (especially Thor), while kind of funny, really serve to undermine the apparently tender moments, as it takes away from their impact.
Herbs? Tell me more!

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

mrline

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3446 on: April 30, 2018, 11:45:03 PM »
I didn't start following MCU that closely until phase 3, which is my favorite phase so far. I feel they learned from their past mistakes and upped their game since then. I also have to say that I like the weird, quirky side of marvel the most. Thor: Ragnorok and the GOTG movies are among my favorites. For me, this movie was a home run. :)

I thought the humor was on point here, and pretty much all of it is character based so it didn't hurt the story IMO. Thor is a nice example, it's clear that the humor is his way of coping with trauma, so it's both funny and tragic at the same time (if that makes sense). I think that's a pretty refreshing take, although I can understand it's not everybody's cup of tea.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: May 13, 2018, 02:53:40 AM »
Infinity War was decent, but I'll hold my judgment until the story is wrapped up. I hold the Infinity (Gauntlet, War & Crusade) comic books of the early-mid '90s in high regard, so they better not fuck this one up. They got Thanos right that's for sure.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3448 on: May 28, 2018, 12:50:17 PM »
I saw Deadpool 2 yesterday. It was pretty good, had quite a few things that I simply didn't see coming. The advertising campaign was surprisingly effective at keeping some things under wraps.

I'd say it's on the same level as Infinity War in terms of overall enjoyment. Of course, I had super-high expectations for IW which may have tainted the experience a bit.
Herbs? Tell me more!

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: May 28, 2018, 08:18:11 PM »
Loved The Death of Stalin, such a delicious satire in the vein of "it's funny cuz it's true". Like the scene where they're standing around Stalin's unconscious body, someone says they should call the best doctor in Moscow, but the best doctors had either all been executed or sent to the Gulag, and they were unsure if they should even call a doctor considering Stalin was convinced they were plotting to assassinate him (the so-called "Doctors' plot").

That this movie was banned in Russia tells a lot about the state of that country.
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top