Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• February 21, 2018, 11:34:55 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230]

Author Topic: Last movie/show you watched?  (Read 271866 times)

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Last movie/show you watched?
« Reply #3435 on: December 19, 2017, 04:42:51 AM »
Saw the new Star Wars last weekend.. I was entertained but that's about it. To me it didn't feel like the movie had any charm or vision, I felt like I saw a sequence of checks on a list of items that are sure to make a movie popular these days put together by some business committee or whatever.

I wanna say "Disney doesn't care about Star Wars, they just make forgettable movies to keep knocking money out of people's pockets", but then Rogue One was genuinely good.

It says a lot that a rolling beeping robot is the most interesting character in these movies.
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

mrline

• Mommy, there's a dinosaur in our backyard
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3436 on: December 19, 2017, 11:02:57 PM »
I'm going to see it tonight, and I really don't know what to expect this time around. Apparently it's a divisive film among fans. From I heard, at least it doesn't just repeat the beats from the old trilogy (like Force awakans did).

One movie I really enjoyed this year was Thor: Ragnarok. Just the right mix of crazy new worlds, quirky humor and epic looking action set pieces for me. Plus Led Zeppelin.
Quakis: DP3 never took place in a city? ( can't rembeer actually )

Maarten: OMGWTFSTUCKINVENTILATIONSHAFT!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=374342&T=9052

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3437 on: December 21, 2017, 04:43:46 AM »
Now that you mention Thor: Ragnarok... The new Star Wars movie does feel like it's heavily inspired by the Marvel superhero movies. But without any of the charm.
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

mrline

• Mommy, there's a dinosaur in our backyard
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3438 on: December 21, 2017, 04:55:33 AM »
Alright, saw it. And it's a mixed bag (altough I won't lie, it definitely was a very entertaining movie and I enjoyed it more than Force Awakens).

To me it actually feels like the opposite of a committee film, this director wanted to make his own version of star wars. And by doing so, he pretty much threw previously established lore and story lines out of the window.
No wonder some fanboys are pissed off XD.

Judged as a chapter in a larger series, it's not good. It just doesn't feel like a logical continuation of a larger story.
Judged on it's own merits, it's a well made movie with good acting, several memorable moments and great visuals (although some subplots should have been cut out). Luke Skywalker was easily the best thing about the movie.

And yes, the humor felt too much like Marvel at times.I like Marvel, but let Star wars be its own thing. Speaking of Marvel, seems like they're the only one capable of making a consistent extended universe.
Quakis: DP3 never took place in a city? ( can't rembeer actually )

Maarten: OMGWTFSTUCKINVENTILATIONSHAFT!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=374342&T=9052

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: January 18, 2018, 06:26:31 AM »
Saw the new Star Wars as well.

Judged as a chapter in a larger series, it's not good. It just doesn't feel like a logical continuation of a larger story.

Yeah overall it kinda felt like a relatively unimportant piece in the middle of a story; I mean, what else happens in the movie aside from the bad guys chasing the good guys' ship and the girl trying to convince Luke to return?
Finn's segment could have been cut entirely from the movie.
Darth Emo is still annoying but at least he's unpredictable, which creates suspense.
The effects were very good. That's kind of a given these days but still, this movie looked really good, especially the walkers at the end and the woman with the weird hairdo using the ship as a bullet.
Oscar Isaac is also a great, great actor; he was fantastic in A Most Violent Year & Inside Llewyn Davis (and underutilized in X-Men - Apocalypse), and he's by far the most talented actor in Star Wars.
I don't think they got much out of Luke in this movie aside from the Walker scene.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3440 on: Today at 04:49:00 AM »
John Wick 2 - it's still really damn cool, although you kind of realise that a lot of his kills are basically 'tackle one guy to the floor, shoot 2 others than nail the floor guy in the head' but they still mixed it up a lot. It helps that Keanu is some kind of deity and can pull all these crazy moves off authentically. Not sure what the hell they're gonna do for number 3 but I'm on board regardless.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: Today at 05:29:33 AM »
I thought that the "excuse" for the bloodbath was much lamer this time around. In the first one you could actually understand what was driving him.

Btw, if you like this type of movies, I'd recommend Equalizer too.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3442 on: Today at 02:03:40 PM »
I felt they did a alright job setting up that the assassin code of honour stuff was serious business in the first film when they gunned the chick down for killing on continental ground (I was a bit confused why that scene was in the first film until this one) so it felt alright to me.

Looking up this Equalizer and it's got Denzel Washington in it who I like so I might give it a spin, thanks for recommending it.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:05:26 PM by James »
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230]

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top