Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• April 22, 2019, 11:08:07 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Tutorial for those fake window thingys  (Read 41054 times)

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tutorial for those fake window thingys
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 05:56:27 AM »
Did you manage to find out what your mistake was?

personally i was thinking "don't you need to have an enterable white sector to which the red sector must be adjacent" but fuck if i know
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

ck3D

• feel the power of rock and roll
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 07:37:49 AM »
Nah I don't know what my mistake was, James' original link was down earlier today so I could only attempt it Zaxtor's way first, failed because it was pretty complex, then I got to try James' way which was twice as easier and got it working without a problem.
Quote from: James
Yeah I think it's a bad cliche that modding is something you only do when you're young; it's not like the second you discover vaginas (or penis!) you automatically realise you were throwing your life away on the PC (some people ARE like that, but they're tools so w/e)

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2009, 08:01:02 AM »
I guess, if we someday could build an example map with all these neat tricks we were discovering along all these years. Just for fun i say. There are things like Fernito´s mountain railway that dont deserve to be forgotten.

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2009, 02:47:22 AM »
Bear in mind that you can only achieve this effect in vanilla "Build" no in Eduke32...as the code of it fixes the window making it impossible to make in mapster.

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2009, 03:13:08 AM »
That's not true, I've used the effect in AMC TC and it still works perfectly fine even after I've saved the map several times and manually done that 'check all the walls' thing fix. At least using my method, it might break it done in other ways.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2009, 03:26:15 AM »
What´s that ¨check all the walls¨ thing for?

Can you post a shot of this effect?

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2009, 03:33:17 AM »
wow, didnt see such a thing before  -_- would be very useful for my current project except for the fact that you can´t enter the window from the outside.

edit: yeah, i just downloaded and checked the tutorial

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 12:22:50 AM »
That's not true, I've used the effect in AMC TC and it still works perfectly fine even after I've saved the map several times and manually done that 'check all the walls' thing fix. At least using my method, it might break it done in other ways.

That would've been useful for me before...bummer :(

ck3D

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2009, 05:22:32 PM »
OK apparently I suck at this thing, I just tried to implement the effect in a 'real' map (not a test map), thankfully making heaps of backups and allowing myself to try to figure out a lot of alternative ways. And for some reason when I get it to work (using James' way of doing it), then save the map, it fucks up somehow and I get the same glitch as in the shot I've posted before. I have to move the overlapping vertices away from each other then back to make it work again (for some reason - could it be a matter of wall recognition or something ?) then as soon as I save again, it fucks up. It's pretty annoying and I would really like to make it work, maybe it's related to what DavoX was trying to say in his previous comment ?
Yeah I think it's a bad cliche that modding is something you only do when you're young; it's not like the second you discover vaginas (or penis!) you automatically realise you were throwing your life away on the PC (some people ARE like that, but they're tools so w/e)

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2009, 06:23:29 PM »
Try saving James example map a couple of times and check if the effect still works

HellFire

• GO 1x1
    • MSN Messenger - hellfire@dukenukem.com.br
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2009, 10:49:54 PM »
OK apparently I suck at this thing, I just tried to implement the effect in a 'real' map (not a test map), thankfully making heaps of backups and allowing myself to try to figure out a lot of alternative ways. And for some reason when I get it to work (using James' way of doing it), then save the map, it fucks up somehow and I get the same glitch as in the shot I've posted before. I have to move the overlapping vertices away from each other then back to make it work again (for some reason - could it be a matter of wall recognition or something ?) then as soon as I save again, it fucks up. It's pretty annoying and I would really like to make it work, maybe it's related to what DavoX was trying to say in his previous comment ?
Theres still a way to do it, just use the -nocheck line command with mapster, then it  wont check the lines anymore, so they wont fuck up in save process.

Amon Amarth - Live For The Kill | Disturbed - Torn | In Flames - Dead Eternity | Scar Symmetry - Deviate From The Norm | Throwdown - Godspeed
www.dukenukem.com.br

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2009, 02:38:10 AM »
But then again mapster won't ever check for the lines anymore, and you can end up with a glitched map in the long run...

When I made the effect for Buenos aires explosive Remake, I left the window of the tank glitched until the very end, when I was ready to release the map I just used regular build to make the effect and then released the map without modifying it again in mapster.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2009, 05:16:12 AM »
You used regular Build to edit a map of about 2000 sectors? How did you do?

HellFire

• GO 1x1
    • MSN Messenger - hellfire@dukenukem.com.br
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2009, 05:32:33 AM »
Maybe he meant jfbuild. Also i dont think its a problem that mapster wont check the lines anymore, the behavior will be like the old build, assuming that you have basic skill in build you wont make bugged lines, so i think this isnt a problem for a experienced mapper, like MRCK is.

Amon Amarth - Live For The Kill | Disturbed - Torn | In Flames - Dead Eternity | Scar Symmetry - Deviate From The Norm | Throwdown - Godspeed
www.dukenukem.com.br

ck3D

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2009, 07:11:45 PM »
I didn't even know that Mapster had specific line checking functions, thanks for bringing that up. Then I guess I'll finish my map and add the windows either in JonoF Build or in Mapster with the -nocheck command at the very last minute, problem solved :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top