Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• September 21, 2017, 08:37:10 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127]

Author Topic: What have you bought?  (Read 285968 times)

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
Re: What have you bought?
« Reply #1890 on: January 23, 2012, 09:00:28 AM »
Lol, how did you surive this long with that CRT cube?
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Cody

• Ling Ling Into Battle Go!
    • MSN Messenger - codynz3000@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1891 on: January 23, 2012, 09:05:40 AM »
I have been through three? CRT monitors with my computers.
The one before that one in the last page blew up during a hail storm and the roof guttering blocked up and the roof leaked water onto it. lol

This new monitor will take me some time to get used to...

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1892 on: January 23, 2012, 10:22:42 AM »
yeah that is like a 15´ isnt it? Only problme now is that you wont be able to hear your speakers anymore. But one has to resign something in favour of other thing.  (y)

Edit: That´s a clean keyboard eh?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 10:26:45 AM by Gambini »

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1893 on: January 23, 2012, 07:06:16 PM »
Now we just gotta get you back to Windows 7 and you'll be a modern man at last.
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Cody

• Ling Ling Into Battle Go!
    • MSN Messenger - codynz3000@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1894 on: January 24, 2012, 06:59:36 AM »
I already have Windows 7, I use a dual boot system.

Windows 7 when I want to play the new modern games ect.
Windows XP for all my Duke Nukem/editing needs.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1895 on: July 28, 2013, 09:53:59 AM »
Bought a new rig.

Core i3 3220 4gb ddr3 1Tb and a Gforce GTX 650. The best I could afford. Too bad the damned fucking ethernet connector won´t work. I´m on my old rig googling for solutions. Ahh.. Windows 7 is extremely fast but it´s for idiots: When I go to "solve problems" for my connectivity it says "first step= Check the ethernet wire is plugged" "second step= Ask a friend for help".

Unless a miracle occurs I´ll bring it back to where I bought it and shove it up the salesman´s ass. I can´t even connect my cablemodem to the usb port because drivers for Win7 64 are not available.  :/

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: July 30, 2013, 09:39:53 PM »
Good for you, those new consoles are on the way so system requirements may go up by a bit.

Anyway, started buying Blu-rays a few months ago since I figured what's the point of buying DVDs anymore as the price of Blu-rays has been nearly equalized with DVDs. Then of course the natural step was to purchase a Blu-ray player a few weeks ago, but that was a cheap Sony model for 50€ or so. And then I of course needed a new TV, since my old TV didn't support HDMI, so I went for a 32" model, which to me was pretty huge since I had gotten used to small screens.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: July 31, 2013, 06:41:54 AM »
I have a 42 and the blu ray looks awesome .

I've recently bought two Dragon Ball figures for my GF :P

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1898 on: July 31, 2013, 07:00:39 AM »
One thing leads to another! Last DVD I bought was in 2007. It´s a very personal standpoint maybe, but I think that that about putting cds on a tray and pressing a button -and wait them to load- is part of the past now. With the current speed of video streams you could easily plug a hdmi from your pc to your big screen and then you´d not have to deal with swapped cd cases anymore  ^_^

BTW I´m a bit dissapointed with my last purchase. Will return the motherboard next saturday and in the meanwhile I´m running my old HD with Windows XP on it. Tested all my most demanding games, can run Crysis 2 with everything on "extreme" and super smooth framerate, but I expected the game to look better with those settings. Maybe once I can run Windows 7, DirectX 11 gets to improve that. With Rage I have to disable "detail textures" or the game tells me I´m out of memory when I enter the wasteland. All other games seem to run great too but, then again, I expected them to look much better.

A game that caught me by surprise because it looks extremely beautiful and smooth is Mafia 2. I only have the demo but I´m amazed by the level of detail and realism of the scenaries. Much better looking than L.A. Noire (which I recently finished). Tried compiling one of my hl2 maps to see how faster this thing does it. It takes 5 minutes instead of 15 (in fast mode) but most of the time the cpu usage is on %25. I hope Windows 7 manages multithreating better... Maybe the old OS and old HD are bottlenecking the CPU a little bit.

EDIT: Davox posted while I was writting :P

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: July 31, 2013, 06:31:40 PM »
One thing leads to another! Last DVD I bought was in 2007. It´s a very personal standpoint maybe, but I think that that about putting cds on a tray and pressing a button -and wait them to load- is part of the past now. With the current speed of video streams you could easily plug a hdmi from your pc to your big screen and then you´d not have to deal with swapped cd cases anymore  ^_^

I'm not sure movies will go all digital. Games might, but I expect movies to have a strong presence in the physical medium just like books.

All other games seem to run great too but, then again, I expected them to look much better.

Yeah you can blame consoles for that. BF3 and Crysis 3 are the high-end of graphics these days but even the first Crysis with those hi-res mods is still a good test of your PC's prowess.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1900 on: August 05, 2013, 12:16:33 AM »
Yesterday went to the store where I bought the components. The Ethernet plug magically works there... I come back and it works here too. They say having not touched anything physical.

Reinstalling all your tools on a clean Windows is a pain in the ass, specially if half of those were cracked tools that you dont keep track where you got them from.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1901 on: October 06, 2013, 06:57:03 AM »
Just bought Bioshock Infinite by 15 dollars. It´s been a long time since I can´t wait for a game to finish downloading!!!!  :mellow:

CryptoproctaFerox

• AMC TC member/guest
  • Death is among us
    • MSN Messenger - zaxtor2001@yahoo.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Zaxtor+Znort
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zaxtor2001
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1902 on: September 09, 2017, 09:55:03 AM »
I know is a <4 years old thread BUT..

Bought a new PC (old one still work) but I want more speed.
I assemble it by myself.
Worked like a charm etc.
Took not too long surprisingly for Windows 10 to install itself.

Computer is a strong one with a.

Processor / CPU
Intel Core i5-7400 processor 3.00 GHZ
7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 Processors
Performance
4 Cores
4 Threads
Processor Base Frequency
3.00 GHz
Max Turbo Frequency
3.50 GHz
Cache 6 MB SmartCache
Bus Speed 8 GT/s DMI3
65 W TDP

8 GB DDR4 RAM
Has a video card with a fan.
EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING, 04G-P4-6251-KR, 4GB GDDR5, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan)
1290MHz Base Clock
1392MHz Boost Clock
65GT/s Texture Fill Rate
4096MB GDDR5 Memory
7008MHz Memory Clock
112.16GB/s Memory Bandwidth

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME B250M-A LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI DVI VGA M.2 B250 mATX Motherboard with USB 3.1
Maximize your connectivity and speed with integrated Dual M.2 slots with Intel® Optane™ Memory compatibility and a rear USB 3.1 Type C connection
5X Protection III Hardware-level safeguards provide component longevity and reliability
FanXpert 2 PLUS delivers advanced fan control with an integrated AIO pump header for dynamic cooling
Dual Patent-pending SafeSlot Core fortified PCIe slot prevents damage caused by heavyweight GPUs
On-board 3D-printing mounts for creating unique designs on your customized build

Motherboard has 6 plugs.
You can put either 6 hard drives or 5 hard drives and 1 CD or DVD rom etc.
4 RAM slots.

x2 chips of 4GB DDR4 RAM (8GB total).

Uses windows 10 Home 64bit.
Windows 10 64bit can handle up to 128GB RAM max.
unlikely the 32bit can handle 4GB max.

Powersupply has bright blue LED on its fan, lots of connectors.
Can handle up to 500WATT max load.

Tower has 3 Hard drives bays.
2 Slots for CD, DVD etc roms.
Few slots for rear fans, front fans etc.

1x SATA 2TB Seagate Hard drive.

Price came to close to 1,135.00$ CAD
OBLIVION'S STATUS. {FINISHED}..
Current status RELEASED
http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx?/hst/m/s/msandt/oblivionfinal.zip .

BTW  My website about the fossa at:
Fossa's Lair  and
My second site about fireworks at:
The Bomb Baron'
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127]

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top