Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• September 18, 2019, 08:49:08 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots  (Read 4425 times)

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
« on: May 09, 2006, 08:33:57 PM »
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=10421&type=mov&pl=game

Even if you're not into the games, it's still nice to watch even for the graphics. I've only played MGS2 but the story of the series is interesting to me regardless, however the PS3 is going to be very expensive :/ The only way I would definitly buy a PS3 is if there was a FF7 remake which isn't going to happen anytime soon.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 08:39:31 PM by eralp »

Steambull

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 10:56:52 PM »
I've only played MGS2
I have to say that it pisses me off when people play a game that's in the middle of a series. One of MGS2's strongest themes was to play with the mind of the player who has completed MGS.

MGS, MGS2 & MGS3 are all masterpieces. But just like all game series, this also seems to be doomed to continue forever. When will the last Zelda or Mario come out? That's right, never. There will always be another one... MGS4 will most likely be good, but not necessary at all. Kojima and the team did a great job with all the games they made. That's it, I'm thankful, time to move on. But no...

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 11:47:21 PM »
I read the big summary that was included in MGS2 about the first one, and I've watched my friends play it at times. I never had the money to get the first MGS back when I had the time to play it.
MGS, MGS2 & MGS3 are all masterpieces. But just like all game series, this also seems to be doomed to continue forever. When will the last Zelda or Mario come out? That's right, never. There will always be another one... MGS4 will most likely be good, but not necessary at all. Kojima and the team did a great job with all the games they made. That's it, I'm thankful, time to move on. But no...
The series itself is not finished at all. There IS a logical reason for this one to exist. The Patriots, the fact that Metal Gears are being made by the dozens, the entire Liquid/Ocelot thing, Raiden's child .etc .etc It's not a case of a cash cow 'let's make a sequal which is not tied to the story' There's still story elements that need to be resolved from the other 5 games. If a series has a decent overlying plot than by making a sequal it's not just being made for a cash cow. There's plenty of games which have unrelated sequals made just to sell by the name of the first, but there's also sequals which are direct continuations of the first game and are related rather than just sharing a small resemblance.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 11:49:02 PM by James »

Geoffrey

• AMC Staff
  • elitist faggot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 12:42:49 PM »
Oh man, this is awesome! It's great to see all my mgs heroes again - AND the fact that Raiden is in it is just too cool in my opinion. Not to mention the whole setting; but I was already introduced to that ( and to robot-otacon :) ) thanks to an early movie that was released some time ago. This. Is. Great. Too bad I've never fully played mgs2 the way I played mgs, and that I've never even touched snake eater.
We'll build our own Tripods. Ours will have 4 legs...

Telee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 07:09:46 AM »
Yay I can't wait to see Otacon again  :mellow:

ocelot

• View Profile
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 10:07:52 PM »
I have to agree  with James about the continues thing that developers do with game . and just “selling the name/brand”  but the thing is, is that sank will have to die (or did die i cant remember)n and when/if  he dies who will take his role?? U can have a MGS  game without snake in it. U couldn’t have otacon infiltrating a top secret facility... even tho that would b amusing lol

Cody

• Ling Ling Into Battle Go!
    • MSN Messenger - codynz3000@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 10:18:59 PM »
The guy that does the voice of Otacon originaly signed up to do the voice of Snake, which would have been weird if you think about it now. Also, damn this hasnt been in posted in in like 3 years. :o

ocelot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 10:42:35 PM »
The guy that does the voice of Otacon originaly signed up to do the voice of Snake, which would have been weird if you think about it now. Also, damn this hasnt been in posted in in like 3 years. :o

that guy is a legend (Christopher Randolph) the bloke who does otacon

well if u think about it, it wouldnt have been that weird cos thats what we would be used to. so we would have just exsepted his voice for that role.. what about snake as otacon and otacon as snake.. wow

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 10:43:54 PM »
Darn I keep confusing Ocelot and The Commander because of their similar sigs :(
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 10:47:30 PM »
Cam Clarke, the man who did Liquid's voice, is great. I kinda wish they got him to voice Liquid Ocelot, but it wouldn't really make any sense to do that (I heard that the Japanese voice actor for Liquid DOES voice Liquid Ocelet, but only because his original actor died)

Cody

• Ling Ling Into Battle Go!
    • MSN Messenger - codynz3000@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 10:51:48 PM »
I love the way how he says "Hello Brother!"

ocelot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 10:59:02 PM »
When you go back to shadow mosses there is like a (and i use this very loosely) "sniper wolf" battle again.. What was that thing that u fight out there again???

Geoffrey

• AMC Staff
  • elitist faggot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 11:09:32 PM »
One of the B&B enemies, Crying Wolf.
We'll build our own Tripods. Ours will have 4 legs...

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top