Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• February 24, 2020, 06:11:55 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Half-Life 2  (Read 30404 times)

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Half-Life 2
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2004, 11:01:54 PM »
So far I'm really enjoying the game, but it's a bit silly that suddenly the entire area is filled with rocket ammo when there are Gunships/Striders about :s

Still 3 Chap's or something to go ;)
"heh, a sidenote, IŽd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonŽt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Quakis

• MSN Messenger - quakis_962@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Half-Life 2
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2004, 04:36:51 AM »
The point there is rocket ammo is because the survivors have them to protect themselves from the gunships. A bit obvious.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
Half-Life 2
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2004, 05:42:25 PM »
Yeah but for example in Highway 17 (or was it Sandtraps already?) there's this part where a gunship comes up, and sometime later you'd end up at some sort of roadblock with all kinds of car wreckages...And you're being chased by a gunship.

Coincidence wants that the Combine haven't really cleared this road and have left a box of rocket ammo there just to make sure that at least someone would be able to kill the Gunship?
"heh, a sidenote, IŽd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonŽt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Half-Life 2
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2004, 06:11:23 PM »
Does it really matter? You're asking questions about a box which holds infinite ammo! Does it magically refill or something? :P

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
Half-Life 2
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2004, 07:36:15 PM »
It's ok with me that the ammo refills like if Harry Potter was around but I just don't see why there is suddenly so much ammo for the rocket launcher when gunships or striders are around (although in the part of "Follow Freeman!" there was a good reason for the rocket ammo to be there ofcourse ;) )

It'd be way cooler if you actually had to run away from these two guys because you don't have enough ammo to beat 'em ;)

Last.fm

SpaceBandit3000

• MSN Messenger - spaceranger3000@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SpaceBandit3000
    • View Profile
    • Email
Half-Life 2
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2004, 02:18:06 AM »
the Magically refilling ammo box was a gameplay element; if the player ran out of ammo, he wouldn't have been able to destroy the gunship and advance in the game.

-Ben

"Information isn't meant to be free.  You see, we have a conflict of interest." -Victor Ramsey

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Half-Life 2
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2004, 02:22:33 AM »
I wish there were more Striders to fight though - those were my favourite parts of the game.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
Half-Life 2
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2004, 02:58:32 AM »
Yay - just completed the game. Pretty lame ending - "In the meantime, this is where I get off."

I felt like "is it over already? Not like this!!11"
Also too bad HL2 didn't really offer a boss fighting ending (except for those Striders yeah)

Last.fm

Quakis

• MSN Messenger - quakis_962@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Half-Life 2
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2004, 04:20:53 AM »
Man, Tons of stuff were scrapped and remade in HL2. And theres certain weapons missing. Many areas were very underdetailed and the civilians looked way different.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
Half-Life 2
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2004, 05:48:07 PM »
Heh - doesn't look like it has alot of replay value either..Don't get me wrong though, it's a bloody great game but there is no reason to play it a 2nd time unlike Half-Life (1).

I also think it's not true that HL2 is the best 1st person shooter ever.

Last.fm

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Half-Life 2
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2004, 06:15:59 PM »
Heh - doesn't look like it has alot of replay value either..Don't get me wrong though, it's a bloody great game but there is no reason to play it a 2nd time unlike Half-Life (1).
What reason is there to play Half-life a second time? It's even more linear than HL2! There was almost no variation in Gameplay, the levels get tiresome and most of all the default models weren't pretty even back then.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
Half-Life 2
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2004, 06:49:50 PM »
Yes, I know, I have a pretty much apart taste when it comes to replay value. I tend to replay the shorter, more linear and more "boring" alot more. I remember I said that I had played & Completed Call of Duty like 12 times or something, although I knew exactly what was going to happen at what time and what place, but I still thought it was fun.

HL had a reason to replay it and that is because it was quite simple, while HL2 is alot more complex.

Last.fm

mrline

• Moderators
  • Mommy, there's a dinosaur in our backyard
    • View Profile
    • Email
Half-Life 2
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2005, 12:39:33 AM »
I have been able to play the beginning of HL2 (introduction and a long part of the following level - the Canals) and yeah I really like it, alltough they should give you a bit more backstory rather then just drop you right into the action - now the killing feels a bit pointless. But I guess more plot will be revealed later on.
I really enjoyed being able to grab all items and trow them (against NPC's for instance "stop that!"), it's fun! :P Physics are really suberb.
Characters look incredibly detailled and voice acting is done well mostly. Really makes the world around you believable.

Some weak points:
-Too obvious linearity: what's up with all the fences being everywhere? Even inside-locations are full of them. There's not much to explore this way.
-AI has some glitches, I had a moment when a combine guy just stood in the doorway doing nothing, so I could easily shoot him trough the head with my pistol :P And it's a bit silly of them to stand so close to their own flamable cans, like they are too silly to understand that I might shooting them to blow the entire place up. :D

BTW the water effects fucking rule!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 09:18:45 PM by erc »
Quakis: DP3 never took place in a city? ( can't rembeer actually )

Maarten: OMGWTFSTUCKINVENTILATIONSHAFT!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=374342&T=9052

mrline

• Moderators
  • Mommy, there's a dinosaur in our backyard
    • View Profile
    • Email
Half-Life 2
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2005, 10:26:16 PM »
What reason is there to play Half-life a second time? It's even more linear than HL2! There was almost no variation in Gameplay, the levels get tiresome and most of all the default models weren't pretty even back then.

Maybe... because it's fun to play? I love the atmosphere of Half-Life and the way the story opens and unfolds (superior to HL2 I think), I think it has plenty of replay value. I'm also replaying Doom 3, which is very linear too. But it's the atmosphere that makes me wanting go through all of it again.

So obviously linearity isn't an issue. :P
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 09:20:55 PM by erc »
Quakis: DP3 never took place in a city? ( can't rembeer actually )

Maarten: OMGWTFSTUCKINVENTILATIONSHAFT!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=374342&T=9052

SpaceBandit3000

• MSN Messenger - spaceranger3000@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SpaceBandit3000
    • View Profile
    • Email
Half-Life 2
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2005, 02:14:42 AM »
...sweared at that Combine troop who forced me to throw the can into the bin...

You don't have to.  I threw the can at him on my third time through; he chased me for a while, gave up, and went into the lobby.

-Ben
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 09:21:24 PM by erc »

"Information isn't meant to be free.  You see, we have a conflict of interest." -Victor Ramsey
Pages: 1 [2] 3

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top