Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• February 23, 2019, 05:26:57 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: MSDN Topic  (Read 188423 times)

Eddy Zykov

• Too much vodka.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: MSDN Topic
« Reply #360 on: June 23, 2012, 12:21:14 AM »

Two confessions!

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 30, 2012, 01:48:38 AM »
Fixed (y)
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 01, 2012, 05:47:38 AM »
There's a new css menu which looks pretty good on its own but some pages don't look that good. The main page, for example, leaves too considerable spaces between the menu and content. Review pages look better.

http://msdn.duke4.net/index.php
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #363 on: August 17, 2012, 08:13:20 AM »
Just posting here since your ancient html technology doesn´t allow comments :P

Had great fun reading Metro 2033 and Legendary´s reviews.

If i knew you was looking for that award, I could have suggested a couple of more games.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #364 on: September 02, 2012, 10:34:37 AM »
Just read the DEHR review. I´m kindoff disappointed that while the rating tells you it is a great game, the text doesn´t reflex such greatness. As there are more lines focused on complaints or generic description than the ones pointing good things.

Just some feedback. I´m not implying the review is bad or that it should be changed.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 02, 2012, 07:22:43 PM »
I actually got the same impression when I read the finished review. Generally speaking I'm not good at praising something; at least that's the way I feel even though I think I did a pretty good job with the ME3 review.
Even so, besides the graphics, there were maybe only two further lines containing small criticism. I don't think I left out anything that I should have included. Maybe I could have talked about the story a bit more, just to give it at least an equal weight to graphics.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #366 on: September 02, 2012, 10:29:53 PM »
Well, yes. It´s like the way you balanced lenghts that gives that impression. Maybe some of those flaws in the game required longer descriptions than some good things that are easy to point.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #367 on: January 10, 2014, 09:18:17 AM »
It´s kind of sad that this is the first time in years you dont come up with the year´s resume of releases. We should expropiate the site.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 11, 2014, 01:56:12 AM »
Oh I will, I just need an excuse to update, so you can go and publish a map or something to help me out.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #369 on: January 12, 2014, 01:53:01 PM »
I could make a set of exclusive screenshots of my hl2 mod so you tease it and have the excuse!

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #370 on: August 28, 2014, 08:11:09 AM »
Have to admit you did a good job with Betrayer´s review. Even if i didn´t play the game, your words managed to draw a very solid picture of it in my head. May I get it when it´s on a crazy sale. The exchange rate around here is going off charts and even the sales now are a luxury, specially because I have no idea how much i will have to pay for a game since credit cards collect monthly and Dollar can go up to %20 in a month.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 31, 2014, 04:32:50 AM »
Oh yeah the default thing. Kinda puts things into a perspective around here. Many in the Eurozone complain about the Euro but one thing it has pretty much removed are potentially destructive exchange rate fluctuations.

I don't expect you to get much out of Betrayer. As said in the review, it doesn't really have the kind of level design you'd enjoy; it consists 100% of outdoor areas (that look and feel very realistic), not the kind of stuff you often find yourself taking screenshots of. But the atmosphere is pretty amazing in its simplicity.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #372 on: October 07, 2014, 07:34:49 PM »
I see you put Halls of Doom under the "total conversions" heading on MSDN, I thought it was purely a vanilla thing?

Hmm guess I can say the same about Metropolitan Mayhem and possibly Duke Hard.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 07:39:47 PM by micky c »
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 20, 2014, 11:22:16 PM »
Yeah that has been discussed before; at some point I suggested a new section for episodes that don't qualify as TCs but what would be the point at the end of the day? In practice the term "total conversion" has pretty much since the beginning been used to also refer to episodes with just a few con changes, if even that.

Anyway, changed the layout a bit & fixed most broken Hot Map links. Fixing the links took maybe 30 minutes and messing around with the css file a bit took maybe 1.5 hours so that's just 2 hours of work which I had been avoiding for years.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #374 on: October 21, 2014, 09:09:45 AM »
That´s awesome! Now, get the old theme back. There are already enough amateurish-looking sites for duke.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top