Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• February 20, 2017, 10:13:49 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: MSDN Topic  (Read 116151 times)

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
Re: MSDN Topic
« Reply #375 on: October 21, 2014, 08:45:50 PM »
That´s awesome! Now, get the old theme back. There are already enough amateurish-looking sites for duke.

^_^

at least i finally convinced puritan to take the time to implement fields on the search page to look for mods, TCs, and episodes at CGS.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 08:47:34 PM by Forge »

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #376 on: December 29, 2014, 07:51:36 AM »
According to MSDN, Duke Nukem 2013 was made by Zykov Eddy, CK Games & Lezing, at least when looking at the hot maps list.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 30, 2014, 12:24:59 AM »
Duke Nukem 2013 =/= Duke Nukem Forever 2013.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #378 on: December 30, 2014, 05:39:25 AM »
Hehe whoops. Should have known better I suppose.
Herbs? Tell me more!

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #379 on: May 29, 2015, 06:23:16 AM »
Wow you wrote an extensive review for Alien: Isolation. Almost makes me want to get the game on retail price. I can tell how much you loved the experience and I imagine enjoying it too (even checked some very short gameplay videos). I wonder how fair is your remark about IGN Reviewer being a scrub, I only overreaded a few lines of his review, but I can tell you may have sometimes difficult to see the hardship on other gamers when dealing with obstacles that are easy for you. In these days of hyper obvious layouts with hundreds of game hints and radars with mission objectives, you can´t call all gamers ADHDrs. Hell, i by no mean want to defend that online journalist, but I was just wondering if maybe the game is actually too difficult for people like me.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 30, 2015, 01:16:41 AM »
I wonder how fair is your remark about IGN Reviewer being a scrub, I only overreaded a few lines of his review, but I can tell you may have sometimes difficult to see the hardship on other gamers when dealing with obstacles that are easy for you. In these days of hyper obvious layouts with hundreds of game hints and radars with mission objectives, you can´t call all gamers ADHDrs. Hell, i by no mean want to defend that online journalist, but I was just wondering if maybe the game is actually too difficult for people like me.

Ok, but here's the thing: if the reviewer weren't a scrub, he wouldn't hold the difficulty level against the game. Only if the difficulty level were unfair would he have a legitimate reason to criticize the game rather than himself. There are many critically acclaimed games that are very hard; it's just that they're hard in a way that's fair. So is Alien.

For example, he writes:
It means the Xenomorph can get you anywhere at any time, giving you no opportunity to avoid death, and run you down if it hears so much as a pin drop.

Which simply isn't true. The reviewer is wrong about facts.

He also seems to have spent quite some time hiding from the alien in lockers/closets and staring at the motion tracker:
You hide in a locker, storage cabinet, or under a desk, stare at your motion tracker until the creature completely leaves the area, and then you proceed as quietly as possible toward your next objective.

I’d be curious to know how many of its roughly 15-20 hours I spent hiding in lockers, staring at the motion tracker, and, most of all, how many hundreds (yes, hundreds) of times I died without a chance to save myself.

It seems that he spent all that time without learning anything. You don't go into those lockers/closets. You don't stare at the motion tracker (it beeps and attracts the alien). You take a quick look at it when the alien is far away.

I have no idea how good you would be at this game. It'd be interesting to find out. From what I can tell, gunplay is your weakness but it's not a factor in this game at all. This game is about patience, improvisation and conservation.

Anyway, PCGamer gave the game a very positive review, and it's a well-written piece as well. His experience sounds a lot like mine: http://www.pcgamer.com/alien-isolation-review/
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #381 on: September 01, 2015, 10:40:07 AM »
August 6, 2015: NAM & Blimp!

A new map by Quakis, here's The Flaming Shipwreck. A review will follow...

:huh:

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #382 on: September 03, 2015, 02:51:36 AM »
It seems my previous post wasn´t clear enough as I´m noticing the problem is still present. Hereby I made a very self-explanatory image:

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 03, 2015, 04:28:52 PM »
Ah, yeah I sometimes forget to change the news title since I simply copypaste the previous news headline.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #384 on: December 24, 2015, 05:00:56 AM »
It's still quite amazing/funny to read Mikko's page of "6 years of Duke". http://msdn.duke4.net/bio.php

Looks like his prophetic nature of the Simpsons doesn't carry over to the Duke community itself.

Here are some choice quotes from the 2002 page:

The end is near.
The release of DNF gets even closer
still no Duke3D source code
Unreal2 (it looks so good)
Another site - still quite young - Alejandro Glavic's site is currently posting some good stuff.

Feel old yet?  ^_^
Herbs? Tell me more!

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 25, 2015, 12:34:40 AM »
My prophetic visions of a dark future were correct but I chose to change it.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #386 on: December 25, 2015, 03:40:58 AM »
Sounds like the Duke source code is what allowed the community to continue. Thankyou for using your divine intervention to make that happen  (y)
Herbs? Tell me more!

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #387 on: April 22, 2016, 10:07:11 AM »
Gotta love the "special thing" conmemorating the 17th site´s birthday. I may sometime scan the drawings i still have with the ideas that later became rush2k  :)

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 23, 2016, 05:36:17 PM »
Hah, I'd definitely like to see that. These days I tend to think of you as mapping the kind of things you come across in real life, at least when it comes to exteriors.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top