Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• February 24, 2020, 05:30:51 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Portal  (Read 26576 times)

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Half-Life 2: Portal
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2007, 07:50:55 PM »
After playing through it for a while let me give my opinion on the game:

It's good and fun to play, really innovative, but it's ridiculously easy and short. I hope there will be a "sequel" that will be longer and more complicated. I mean, Portal in it's entirety felt like it was training you for something big, but that "something big" didn't come in my book.
"heh, a sidenote, IŽd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonŽt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Telee

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2007, 10:08:58 PM »
That "something" big was the end chapter ;)

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2007, 10:22:29 PM »
Yeah no, that's exactly my point - from the developer's point of view (and perhaps judging by the story) it was "big". But what gameplay is concerned, nah - It was still ridiculously easy.

Really the entirety of Portal is just this - you walk into a room, look around for portallable surfaces, think for 2 seconds as to how to employ them.. Carry out what you need to do and bam - next level. It's a bit too easy and no complicated thought is required.

At least in the advanced levels, not only do you have to think more but you also need a certain bit of skill (reflexes, or the talent to do an infinite fall ;))
"heh, a sidenote, IŽd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonŽt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2007, 10:42:45 PM »
It's supposed to be easy and entertaining the first playthrough, if you see the commentaries you'll know that they had several problems when beta-testing on more difficult levels or different type of puzzles.

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2007, 11:09:25 PM »
What DavoX said - they playtested the fuck out of it until even the poorest of players would be able to get through eventually. With a game like Portal they couldn't really 'afford' to make the main game impossibly hard incase they turn people off of the concept of portals. The FGD is coming out soon anyways so if you want some really hard levels I'm positive there'll be lots by the mod community (The best thing is it's not hard to replicate Portal's visual style either)

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2007, 11:28:28 PM »
Well that sounds reasonable - Though I didn't say I want really hard frustrating levels. I said I don't want walks-in-the-park like what Portal's main game was. I've been trying some of the challenges and advanced levels and they were actually quite frustrating (too challenging, even for me ;)) so I basically said "fuck it, I'm moving on to EP2" - so that's not a good thing either.

Last.fm

Weebl

• Get the f*** outta my kitchen!
    • MSN Messenger - cs_weebl@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2007, 09:24:14 AM »
Ok i spent a couple of days working on a little part folding thing for Portal... i was bored and made this which is pretty cool.. could have been better.

Of and i found this as someones avatar... don't ask please.

Life, Dealth... There is no end

Geoffrey

• AMC Staff
  • elitist faggot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2007, 01:00:00 AM »
Lol - nice :)
We'll build our own Tripods. Ours will have 4 legs...
Pages: 1 2 [3]

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top