Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• November 18, 2019, 11:24:25 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: IS IT POSSIBLE?  (Read 77751 times)

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
Re: IS IT POSSIBLE?
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2009, 10:32:12 PM »

I don't know if this helps, but there is code in Duke Plus (which as been there for a long time) which is supposed to make cracks activate things when they are blown up.  To make that happen, set the yvel of the crack to the tag number that is to be activated.  It should cause all activators, masterswitches and respawns with that tag to work.

Brilliant! (I don't think this is mentioned in the guide, btw.)
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2009, 10:47:30 PM »

I don't know if this helps, but there is code in Duke Plus (which as been there for a long time) which is supposed to make cracks activate things when they are blown up.  To make that happen, set the yvel of the crack to the tag number that is to be activated.  It should cause all activators, masterswitches and respawns with that tag to work.

Brilliant! (I don't think this is mentioned in the guide, btw.)

I'll add it to the guide now.  Here is what happened:  Mia Max requested the feature for a map he was working on in the DP thread at 3DR.  I added the feature, but then, IIRC, people told him that he didn't need it and could do his effect without code.  I thought maybe the feature was useless and not worth mentioning, but left it in just in case.  I never tested it, and I don't know if it was ever used.
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

moggimus

• I just work here, lady.
    • MSN Messenger - tomatosamurai@yahoo.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tomatosamurai
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2009, 02:52:08 AM »
...to turn sprites off in 2D mode? I know names can be toggled off, but having sprites gone completely would be a big help (and also if they weren't selected/copied when using alt/ins).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 02:53:51 AM by moggimus »
"Ah, the jokes here are with galicians, jews and black people. Although everybody knows what i think about racism, the most funnies are the ones about black people." -Gambini

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2009, 02:54:47 AM »
the "delete" button might do it

I don't know if it's possible, I don't think so at least!
"heh, a sidenote, IŽd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonŽt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2009, 06:20:08 AM »
There is a way, i dont remember how, but i switched to it accidentally once.

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2009, 09:57:31 AM »

haha, and I'll bet that was hell of annoying when it happened.  "OMG, what happened to my sprites?  I want my sprites back!!"
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

moggimus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2009, 07:39:03 PM »

haha, and I'll bet that was hell of annoying when it happened.  "OMG, what happened to my sprites?  I want my sprites back!!"

What a pain in the ass. I haven't seen it documented anywhere so I'm guessing it's not possible.

Here's another question. Everybody uses hidden switches, right? Meaning, switches that you turn to face away from whatever surface they're on to give the illusion of interactivity with other objects. Well, in the HRP, those switches are models, so it doesn't really work because you can still see bits of them. Is there any way to fix that and make them fully invisible?

This thread should be renamed to the "Random Build Question Thread" or something.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 07:48:50 PM by moggimus »
"Ah, the jokes here are with galicians, jews and black people. Although everybody knows what i think about racism, the most funnies are the ones about black people." -Gambini

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2009, 08:19:40 PM »
You could try using a maphack? But as far as I know sprite ID numbers change as you keep working on a map, so you'll have to make that maphack when you're completely done.
"heh, a sidenote, IŽd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonŽt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2009, 09:31:21 PM »
To make a sprite completely invisible, press F8 on the sprite in 2D mode and enter 32768 in the flags field.

This will only work on sprites that are not hardcoded to have a certain cstat when the game starts.

Fissile Materials

Eddy Zykov

• Too much vodka.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2009, 01:56:12 AM »
Hello guys. Is it possible with the help of 32 eduke code to make player could not save in the game, but could save only in special places? I need it to my Sonic 3D mod.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 02:20:09 AM by Eddy Zykov »

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2009, 11:13:44 PM »
This thread should be renamed to the "Random Build Question Thread" or something.

Second that! Been trying to make a bunch of sectors with simultaneously flickering lights and they work, except that the brightness goes way too dark. This is strange because my Sector Effectors and my sectors are of a proper shade value. Any hints as to what the problem is? Or is this just how flickering lights are supposed to work? (never used them much before so I don't know)

Last.fm

moggimus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2009, 11:38:06 PM »
Second that! Been trying to make a bunch of sectors with simultaneously flickering lights and they work, except that the brightness goes way too dark. This is strange because my Sector Effectors and my sectors are of a proper shade value. Any hints as to what the problem is? Or is this just how flickering lights are supposed to work? (never used them much before so I don't know)

No I've had the same experience. I think in the classic renderer that doesn't happen but nonetheless I don't think there's anything that can be done about it.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2009, 11:58:45 PM »
Oddly enough, "Random Lights after Shot Out" does seem to be working correctly.. Workaround time!

Last.fm

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2009, 03:50:16 AM »
IIRC The shading difference between the SE and the sector must be above 4 to make it work properly.

moggimus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2009, 09:58:59 AM »
Is there a flag or some setting that will prevent a surface from being affected by shading effects? (e.g. a random lights SE)

What I want is the floor of a sector to be affected but not the ceiling or walls.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top