Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• September 19, 2019, 03:04:45 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Halo 3  (Read 14839 times)

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
Re: Halo 3
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2007, 12:46:31 AM »
generalizing Halo fans like that is almost the same as saying "all muslims are terrorists".

Halo fans.. are people who like Halo. They're not all mindless illiterate zombies.

Yes, but if we acknowledge that all terrorists are Muslims (nitpickers go fuck ur moms) then the same applies to Halo fans: not all Halo fans are mindless, illiterate zombies but all mindless, illiterate zombies are, by definition, Halo fans.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2007, 02:43:11 AM »
generalizing Halo fans like that is almost the same as saying "all muslims are terrorists".

Halo fans.. are people who like Halo. They're not all mindless illiterate zombies.

Yes, but if we acknowledge that all terrorists are Muslims (nitpickers go fuck ur moms) then the same applies to Halo fans: not all Halo fans are mindless, illiterate zombies but all mindless, illiterate zombies are, by definition, Halo fans.

Now who can argue with that?  :wub:
"heh, a sidenote, IŽd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonŽt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Thedutchjelle

• Starcraft rules.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2007, 04:01:35 AM »
Oh god, there was this item about HALO 3 on the news.

ON THE NEWS. WHY?!

Anyway, it was about how microsoft claimed that it will generate trillions of dollars, how it will completly ultrapwn every existing game in the planet, and some other propaganda which was so completly not news worthy.

Also, their footage of the game they used while the guy was talking was like HALO 1 and HALO 2.. but well i cannot judge, i never played either.

Loved their plot summary:
'The earth is invaded by aliens and you got to defend it!'
Sounds awesome and original!
Starcraft rules.

Hopeless Encounters Succesfully Won
Thedutchjelle

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2007, 04:06:05 AM »
You can sum up every story ever in a single sentance like that - saying it like that you could make any story sound terrible.

Thedutchjelle

• Starcraft rules.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2007, 04:26:26 AM »
You can sum up every story ever in a single sentance like that - saying it like that you could make any story sound terrible.

That's true, but if you're going to praise a game into the heavens first and then talk it down like that, it was just weird.
Starcraft rules.

Hopeless Encounters Succesfully Won
Thedutchjelle

Telee

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2007, 06:12:18 AM »
I haven't played it myself, but I saw my bro play it for a little while - looks very faithful to the original games. :) I'll give it a shot tonight.

Daedolon

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2007, 12:31:27 PM »
The original Halo had a decent COOP because only of the good controls. The rest was as generic as it could, shining metal corridors, putrid green coloured mutant aliens shooting uhh.. violet plasma and the player is a cheap stormtrooper copy. Even the story seems original, aliens attacking the player's planet ... no wait. Original?

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2007, 04:04:25 PM »
Even the story seems original, aliens attacking the player's planet ... no wait. Original?
OLOL ALL STORIES SUCK WHEN PUT INTO A SINGLE SENTANCE

IN LOTR A BUNCH OF BUTTBUDDIES TRAVEL TO A MOUNTAIN AND THROW A RING INTO IT LOLz

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2007, 07:47:33 PM »
Well - If there is a game/movie/book that has a plot that can not be described in just one sentence... You'll know it does have a great story.
"heh, a sidenote, IŽd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonŽt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Geoffrey

• AMC Staff
  • elitist faggot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2007, 08:37:09 PM »
Well - If there is a game/movie/book that has a plot that can not be described in just one sentence... You'll know it does have a great story.

I'm not following the discussion but again I feel the need to reply to one of your posts. Quality/quantity, sang - and with videogames it's extremely important on how you're telling something, instead of what you're telling.
We'll build our own Tripods. Ours will have 4 legs...

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2007, 09:43:30 PM »
Like Geoffrey said. To me a story being long and complex doesn't neccesarily mean it's a great story at all. It could be, but it could also mean that you either have trouble wrapping things up or that you don't know the difference between important storylines and ones that don't contribute anything to the overall narrative at all.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2007, 10:09:33 PM »
It doesn't have to be long - Even long but simple stories could probably be wrapped into one sentence.. But complex stories? I don't think so - and I like complex stories :)

Last.fm

Daedolon

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2007, 11:51:54 PM »
I'm not sure if this is already posted, but this is a short advertising movie (live action) for Halo 3:
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/last-one-standing/halo-sweeps/halo-sweeps.html

If you ask me, it looks millions of times better than any of the Halo games. Very Starship Troopers-like short movie, like it alot!

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2007, 12:51:30 AM »
That was awesome! I'd like to see a full movie of that..

Last.fm

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2007, 05:38:36 PM »
My brother bought this today and so far it's looking pretty damn great - the grapics are nice and it's good fun. Sadly a split second powercut happened so he has to run through the first 2 'levels' again but that's not really that bad of a thing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top