Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• September 18, 2019, 07:44:26 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RTCW vs. MOHAA  (Read 3523 times)

Stef

• AMC Staff
    • MSN Messenger - stephmeganck@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - gordonnukem@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
RTCW vs. MOHAA
« on: April 10, 2003, 02:34:31 AM »
Actually I prefer RTCW because it has some more addition trough sp release and also because it is clearly a FPS single (alone against all other) Surronding ambiance it for me also great (real beter than MOHAA) and what i really like (i know it's stupid) is ending the mission with secret,gold,time killed everything put on a page, it's something which really remenber duke. Bad point Boss are too easy

What i liked in MOHAA was: the trip with the jeep, all the normandy mission and finally the suferring ambiance with the gas mask. Bad point (tank mission,too easy puzzle, no real searching mission)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 09:27:15 PM by eralp »

the future world champion...in  2 or 3 years

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
RTCW against MOHAA
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2003, 06:49:44 AM »
In single-player competition MOHAA wins easily. It has a lot better & more realistic locations, environment, sounds, history, ambience etc. I just love its sounds and those missions in France. RTCW is a comic-book version of WW2. It has better enemy animations and better base for custom mods but that's about it.

I have played MOHAA online twice and it's fun but not even close to games like CS. RTCW has only one good online map which is that beach invasion of course.  
« Last Edit: April 10, 2003, 06:50:44 AM by MSandt »
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Victor

• View Profile
RTCW against MOHAA
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2003, 01:14:16 PM »
I perfer RTCW, I am not really a huge fan of "realistic" type shooters like MOHAA. MOHAA is pretty cool and all, but I want some freaky mutations and zombies and just "scary" stuff in most of my FPS. Those cyborg nazi zombies were just pretty freaky and awesome, and when you are in the underground catacombs those skeletons and zombies were just plain out creepy. The flame thrower and fire effects are just amazing.

All and all I guess it depends on the type of person you are, if your into sci-fi and weird/scary stuff, or realistic, army type of person. As far as the game engine that both of them used, I don't know anything really about them, but it just seemed to me that RTCW seemed more stable and better, but I don't know if they both used the same engine or if they are different or whatever one is actually better, just my opinion.
Xbox Live Gamertag: AltruismIsDead
I joined on 3-3-03 \p/

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
RTCW against MOHAA
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2003, 04:15:39 PM »
yeah well mohaa, but the mohaa faces of other people are looking....strange...

Btw: The zombies in RTCW are now actually looking scary, I also thaught that about the monsters of duke but...those zombies :eek:

« Last Edit: April 10, 2003, 04:17:51 PM by Spamgluss »
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

najtwish

RTCW against MOHAA
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2003, 12:58:36 AM »
RCTW.. more scary...

Commander S. Wings

• Super moderators
    • MSN Messenger - kingnukem@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
RTCW against MOHAA
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2003, 07:45:06 AM »
Bah I prefer a great single player experience and Medal of Honor beats up RTCW very easy. Bring your sniper rifle soldier ! :P

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
RTCW against MOHAA
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2003, 03:17:05 PM »
and what i really like (i know it's stupid) is ending the mission with secret,gold,time killed everything put on a page, it's something which really remenber duke. Bad point Boss are too easy

well ending screenz where in Mohaa also..
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
RTCW against MOHAA
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2003, 03:46:41 PM »
I prefer RTCW...I don't like Realism games. Nothing Like burning some Super Solders eh? :twisted:

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
RTCW against MOHAA
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2003, 06:58:12 PM »
Action in MOHAA isn't any more realistic than in RTCW. MOHAA has just more realistic locations and weapons are all historical (so are RTCW's weapons - excluding a few experimental guns). So excluding zombies and some guns they're both as realistic when it comes to ww2 theme.  
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

SalaciusCrumb

• View Profile
    • Email
RTCW against MOHAA
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2003, 07:44:21 PM »
I prefer MOHAA because RTCW is just plain boring... Those zombies were scary?!? Did I miss something? Personally, I considered the storyline as well as the enemies unintentionally funny. Other things?

-MOHAA's soundtrack was waaaayyyyy better (for me, that counts).

- MOHAA had more innovation in its first 30 minutes than RTCW in its whole playtime. Yeah, I know what you're thinking: "Baahh, innovation. I need good old fragging!" But hey, nothing against that funny jeepride at the beginning of MOHAA!

-Ending was baaaaad! Okay, I admit MOHAA's ending was also very abrupt, but I prefer getting thrown out with a bang instead of fighting against that lame Rob Zombie imitation...

-Stealth in RTCW was a scripted joke.

I could go on but...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2003, 07:45:20 PM by SalaciusCrumb »
"The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain."

In Memory of Richard Biggs (18.03.1960 - 22.05.2004)

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top