Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• September 18, 2019, 08:21:50 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wanton Destruction  (Read 9729 times)

Nancsi

• hi
    • View Profile
Wanton Destruction
« on: March 30, 2007, 03:07:52 PM »
Hmm, I finally managed to put it together, since unfortunately the original wanton.dat is not JFSW compatible... while the levels look great (especially the airplane and the last rooftop level), there are a few bugs for me.

First, the original ninjas are replaced with annoying spy creatures, with annoying sound. How can I play this with the original enemies?
Then the level names are missing as I saw, which is not that important, but it would be better of course to see them...
The bosses are only seen in bigger skill settings, which is bad since it's necessary to beat them to finish the levels.

Anyone of you tried this late add-on for SW?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 10:13:08 PM by eralp »
Duke is framed for murder and must kill everyone to prove his innocence

Iggy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wanton Destruction
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 03:21:07 PM »
I have played Wanton Destruction a zillion times already in original state with hardly any flaws. All you need to use is a tool by ProAsm that can be downloaded from his site, you can find it at "Other Downloads for JFSW". Download Wanton Destruction, unzip it and read the .doc-file that comes with it. It contains instructions of how to launch the add-on with jfSW.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 03:26:14 PM by Iggy »
Duke4Ever || The Game Collector's Market - Forum for game collectors.
"That Nordbergian wench could be a handful! Several." - Gnarl (Overlord 2)

Nancsi

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 01:49:17 AM »
Unfortunately the bosses are still missing in the lower skill settings... and I just hate to play with so much enemies. :rolleyes:

Iggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 01:54:12 AM »
I always play on "Who wants some Wang" and I get to see the bosses. I don't find WD to be very hard myself. Rather easy actually.
Duke4Ever || The Game Collector's Market - Forum for game collectors.
"That Nordbergian wench could be a handful! Several." - Gnarl (Overlord 2)

Nancsi

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 06:14:36 AM »
I always play on "Who wants some Wang" and I get to see the bosses. I don't find WD to be very hard myself. Rather easy actually.

For me it's not easy at all. Especially with those grenadier spy/ninjas everywhere, I hate them. Normal no fear skill is perfect here, I cheated through the Skyscraper door, and I played the last level only with Who wants some Wang skill. Most of the levels are truly great, probably better than the originals.

Telee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 06:38:17 AM »
Wanton Destruction definitely felt better than the original Shadow Warrior levels for me :) I especially love the airplane level!

Nancsi

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 01:20:42 PM »
Wanton Destruction definitely felt better than the original Shadow Warrior levels for me :) I especially love the airplane level!

Indeed. Another great level here is Redwood Forest (secret), that's a very beautiful nature map.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 02:46:03 AM »
Tried the thing. It was a nice ride but none of the levels matched the quality of the originals.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Nancsi

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 10:51:16 PM »
Tried the thing. It was a nice ride but none of the levels matched the quality of the originals.

IMO the leveldesign has the same great quality as the originals, while the airplane and the foggy forest levels definately exceed the quality any of them. You might have played it being more open-minded IMO. :P

My only complaint is the ninja replacement, which was a total disaster in every aspect, but the wizard thingy looked a bit better than the original orcs.

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top