Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• August 24, 2019, 12:58:08 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: VirtualNES  (Read 6680 times)

Geoffrey

• AMC Staff
  • elitist faggot
    • View Profile
    • Email
VirtualNES
« on: May 15, 2007, 01:01:14 AM »
http://vnes.baikrich.com/

It's most definately nes time. There are quite alot of games on there that I own IRL (I just said irl) and it's just argh it's so cool. This thread is for everything! Which games do you own and do you think rock? Just beaten something and you want to show how far you got? ALL THAT

Myself, I'm so going to see how far I get in batman returns. For an old nes game the controls are pretty slick (as with battletoads). Other games of interest are ofcourse the mario games, alien3 (woah), the first batman and ofcourse METAL GEAR.

(also holy shit they got the right themesong in airwolf)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 11:30:24 PM by eralp »
We'll build our own Tripods. Ours will have 4 legs...

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce dsert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
Re: It's NES time
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 01:57:53 AM »
A bit ancient. I tried Alien 3 but it was way worse than its 16-bit Sega version.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Geoffrey

• AMC Staff
  • elitist faggot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 02:04:38 AM »
"it's NES time"

-"a bit ancient"

:HELLO:

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 02:20:35 AM »
Tried some games... They should show the controls though, hard to figure them out :s
"heh, a sidenote, Id not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wont work." - Gambini

Last.fm

HighWire

• Survival
  • The ConstruKction of Light
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 02:22:48 AM »
Yeah uh.. it works
"...I need to code in Rusty's balls as well." - James

Geoffrey

• AMC Staff
  • elitist faggot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 02:30:25 AM »
:rolleyes:

Tried some games... They should show the controls though, hard to figure them out :s

Top right - there are only two buttons, how hard can it be :)

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 02:32:01 AM »
I used to own a lot of NES games but I don't feel like listing them.  Honestly, emulation is better than the real thing in this case.

I like Zelda 2 (the side scrolling one).  It's the only Zelda game where you can upgrade your character just by getting experience points, and you can actually decide whether to use them on attack, defense or magic.

I loved Bionic Commando back in the day, but I find the controls too frustrating now.

The Megaman series rocks (pun intended), especially Megaman II (which was, perhaps not coincidentally, the first one I owned).

Metroid, Punch Out!, Super Mario Bros. series, Megaman, Castlevania....all the classics are good.  However, I don't have any desire to play them anymore, since they were done better in 16-bit on the SNES and even some on more advanced systems.
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

Cody

• Ling Ling Into Battle Go!
    • MSN Messenger - codynz3000@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 06:16:05 AM »
The only emulator i really use these days is the PS1 and the N64 one, esspecially since N64 games are around 8mb to download a full game, example, Duke...

Steambull

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 02:43:32 AM »
I consider NES the king of all consoles, and I play it a lot every week. I still own the console and many classic games.

A couple of recommendations for those who haven't had the joy of spending years with NES (it's not too late!):

Super Mario Bros. 3 - The best game ever. Period. There are no flaws in the gameplay, it is perfect.
Double Dragon II: The Revenge - Far superior to the original arcade version. The gameplay is unique in the field of beat 'em up games (mostly because there's only one position from where you can launch the most lethal moves: the uppercut and the knee attack), and the levels offer a lot of stuff that can't be mastered that easily. Outstanding music and sound effects!
Rockin' Kats - The basic idea is the main character's punch glove gun, which is used for grabbing, bouncing, and fighting. Superb gameplay with very cool music. Some of the most memorable boss fights, too.

As for the classic "Punch-Out!!", I think SNES's "Super Punch-Out!!" is even better. I have to confess that I've never completed "Metal Gear", even though I'm a fan of "Metal Gear Solid" and it's sequels. I actually have the unofficial MG game "Snake's Revenge" on an original cartridge.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 03:21:00 AM by Steambull »

Thedutchjelle

• Starcraft rules.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 12:27:54 AM »
 I'm not going any older than my SNES, the NES games look lame imo (cus they're to old!!11)
Starcraft rules.

Hopeless Encounters Succesfully Won
Thedutchjelle

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 01:32:25 AM »
oh you little graphics whore

From what I've played though it seems the NES doesn't quite "translate" to little flash games. I mean I heard so many good things about it, yet every game I've played was shit.
"heh, a sidenote, Id not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wont work." - Gambini

Last.fm

_

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2007, 02:14:41 AM »
My favorite nes games :
-SMB3 of course
-Double Dragon 2, we spent hours on it online with Steambull.
-Teenage Mutant Turtle Ninja (the first, but it's impossible to complete)
- Mission Impossible (impossible to complete, as well, they sure knew how to make hard games at the time)
and some great platform games like
-Tiny Toons Adventure
-Duck Tales 2

I also had a strategy game based on medieval times in Great Britian where you were a Lord whose aim was to conqueer and dominate the whole island, it was good, but seemed tough at the time for me because my english skills were awful.

Geoffrey

• AMC Staff
  • elitist faggot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007, 02:36:39 PM »
oh you little graphics whore

From what I've played though it seems the NES doesn't quite "translate" to little flash games. I mean I heard so many good things about it, yet every game I've played was shit.

It's not flash. But I'd say they're pretty much the same as when you're playing them on an actual nintendo console.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 04:52:52 PM »
It's not flash.

well whatever it is it doesn't work

But I'd say they're pretty much the same as when you're playing them on an actual nintendo console.

Nah, I'd still think it'd work better with the authentic controller, you lying in a couch and playing it in a chill manner ;)

Either that or the NES isn't that great anymore, or it was never as great as it was made out to be..

(in my eyes, obviously)

Last.fm

Geoffrey

• AMC Staff
  • elitist faggot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 05:04:37 PM »
Nah, I'd still think it'd work better with the authentic controller, you lying in a couch and playing it in a chill manner ;)

There's nothing chill about playing a nes and getting a sore thumb because it reacts so slow, and you think it'll speed up if you just press the buttons harder.
Pages: [1] 2

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top