Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• November 19, 2017, 09:59:06 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Feedback/Discussion Topic  (Read 44640 times)

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback/Discussion Topic
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2010, 08:55:25 PM »

Lord Misfit

• Naferia's Reign Creator! :D
    • ICQ Messenger - 558371243
    • MSN Messenger - clint20@neo.rr.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mlabs2001
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lordmisfit2003@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2010, 03:54:19 PM »
http://naferia.duke4.net/ - 5.20.06112010 released.

I know this release is about a month late compared to my usual updating schedule of roughly 2 months, but real life since mid March has been non-stop hectic, and my internet service downgraded a good deal [my uploading time for 5.20 was nearly 1 hour and 45 minutes, compared to 20-35 minutes for most previous versions]. With things the way they are in general, I don't know when 5.21 will be up, and furthermore, I have not had as much to add for 5.20 in changelog updates, so bear with me. :o

* CHANGELOG *

=SINCE 5.19=

+ Jumping: Characters will jump proper heights out of knee-high water [sectors with a lotag of 1] instead of the original hardcoded value, set to about 2/3's of their normal jumping strength.
+ New Features: "Healing Sectors" can be made with the HEALING_SECTOR(#5628) sprite. Instruction for the effect are listed above.
+ Displays: Most stats now have colored meters behind them, including EXP, Rank, HP, AP, AB%, FA, EP, EnergyShield. This also applies to Vehicle HP/AP/FA and AB% as well.
+ Displays: Energy Points now display on the character stat displays in the main game.
+ Displays: Lisa's Bio Energy shield has a display amount when available showing the total points of damage it can suffer versus the current amount it has left.
+ Energy Points: EP will now slowly regenerate for all characters.
+ Characters: Lisa now has the ability to fix/repair broken Cola/Snack Machines and ATM Machines for a cost of some EP and money depending on the machine in question.
+ Characters: Ami's VR Visor now has a slow drain on her EP, and cannot be used when at 0 EP.
+ Shop System: Multi-Buy/Multi-Sell is now available. You use the "Previous_Weapon/Next_Weapon" keys to cycle the amount one at a time, or use the number keys [1 to 0] to set the amount to increments of (10*keynumber) [0 will set it to 100, the maximum you can buy/sell of an item at once]
+ Rank System: If a character dies, you will receive a rank deduction of at least 1275 to 11250 points [depending on the difficulty level AND the level of the character who died], or even more based on a % of your Rank if it's higher than that. This is to encourage trying to keep all your characters alive more often to keep your rank up for shop bonuses and EDF-payments.
+ Rank System/Shops: RANK also now has a small effect on the price of all items for buying and selling in shops. It will be shown at the top of the shop's menu what your Ranking Letter is, and your benefit/penalty in the shop.
+ Rank System: RANK now has a few uses beyond actual score now. Your rank will determine how much any active character in your group is paid every 15.75 minutes by the EDF. All payouts go into the characters' ATM accounts [not your on-hand cash], and the payment is PER character.
+ Displays: EXP and RANK moved up above HP further, EP stat shows now on the main screen, colored meters show for EXP, RANK, HP, AP, EP, AMMO, PARTY ALIVE, etc.
+ Environmental Items: Many environmental "containers" [trash cans, barrels, vases, etc] can sometimes drop a random item or two when destroyed now. For CANWITHSOMETHING and friends, the original item set to drop will still spawn along with any random items it might spawn. Affected actors: FIREVASE, FIREVASE_OUT, FIREBARREL, FIREBARREL_OUT, CANWITHSOMETHING, CANWITHSOMETHING2, CANWITHSOMETHING3, CANWITHSOMETHING4, CANWITHSOMETHING5, CANWITHSOMETHING1NEW, CANWITHSOMETHING2NEW, CANWITHSOMETHING3NEW, CANWITHSOMETHING4NEW, TRASHCAN1, TRASHCAN2, TRASHCAN3, TRASHBAG1, TRASHBAG2, TRASHBAG3, TRASHBAG4, NUKEBARREL, MAILBAG, RUBBERCAN, FLOORBASKET, BOTTLE7, MONK, SPACEMARINE, LUKE, INDY, JURYGUY, SNAKEP, PIRATE1A, PIRATE2A, PIRATE3A, PIRATE4A, PIRATE5A, PIRATE6A, PIRATEHALF, ROBOTPIRATE, ROBOTMOUSE, JOLLYMEAL, BOTTLE11.
+ New Item: "Mystery Box". Can be shot to reveal random items [kinda like the ? Barrel in Megaman 3, except with the potential for many items at once].
+ NPCs: Many NPCs [civilians, animals, DEALER, babes, etc] have had their HP/AP revised to be much higher than it used to be so they don't seem like total pushovers to kill, but at the same time, it's randomized to some degree, like monsters' stats are.
+ Bugfix: "Used" Armor items now give only partial amounts of AP to non-selected characters like they should [via inventory use], instead of 100% AP. :P
+ Bugfix: Energy Drinks are fixed to prevent use on dead characters in the inventory menu.
+ CON-File Structure: SCRIPT.CON's contents were merged into the end of GAME.CON to cut down on the number of needed CON files.
+ CON-File Structure: USER.CON, DEFS.CON and ENHANCE.CON have been merged into "USERDEFS.CON" to cut down on the number of needed CON files.

http://naferia.duke4.net/ - Naferia's Reign: Invasion of the Dark Mistress (For Duke Nukem 3D w/ EDuke32) Version: 5.22.12242012

Version 5.23 will be released sometime after: ?

Cody

• Ling Ling Into Battle Go!
    • MSN Messenger - codynz3000@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2010, 08:13:05 PM »
This

Maybe you could just link to a change log or something and post screenshots and/or tell us the major or bigger changes.

Just seeing a wall of text like that is kind of off putting for someone that maybe looking to play a new mod such as this one.

Lord Misfit

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2010, 02:41:08 AM »
Screenshots would be useful if I was making actual levels to show off parts of, but I'm still not at the map-making stage yet. Also as I mentioned, real-life and downgraded internet make updating this a chore as of late, so I'm not sure how compliant I'm gonna be with doing more than a changelog update. The people who are new to this should read over things from start to finish, referencing the changelog updates as additions over time. It's honestly for now in my opinion the quickest way to get the update process out of the way.

Nothing against some of your ideas, but I just don't got the time or resources right now that I've had for a good while beforehand, so sacrifices have to be made on my end and on the end of the people who look over this right now. Sorry :\

http://naferia.duke4.net/ - Naferia's Reign: Invasion of the Dark Mistress (For Duke Nukem 3D w/ EDuke32) Version: 5.22.12242012

Lord Misfit

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2011, 04:34:38 AM »
Ohai guys. I figure I'd let you that after 15 months of a combination of life problems and getting a new laptop and getting more games than I've had in most of my life and wasting my time on them, I have finally gotten enough [meagerly enough] content added for a new NR release. It's primarily an update to the UI but some balance changes are added now. :P

* CHANGELOG *

=SINCE 5.20=

+ Bug Fixes: Damage amounts no longer risk overflowing when using combinations of very powerful items or the 1000x damage cheat.
+ Items: Charm Shoes, Happy Shoes and Style Shoes have been nerfed to be not so broken over long playthroughs.
+ Displays/UI: A ton of changes have been made for the UI with more dynamic displays for certain stats which will only show when necessary now. FA and AB are now linked together with HP and AP instead of being seperate and no longer use their own bars. Buff icons and Powerup icons are more streamlined, inventory icons on the right side of the screen are scaled down. The Damage Displays and EXP/RANK displays are also scaled down somewhat. WARM/COZY and BOSS meters are also streamlined more properly. In general, most of the stuff on the lower half of the screen is less obstructive at first than it used to be.
+ Displays: Dialouge and One-liner quotes are in proper cases now to accomadate for the new lowercase font support.
+ Displays: Lowercase game font added to game.
+ New Permenant Boost Item: "Bloodpact Shield" added.
+ Displays: Getting within usable range of Vending Machines, Health-Stations and ATM machines will print a message on the screen indicating you are able to use them and which button to press to access them.

Lord Misfit

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: December 25, 2012, 01:16:30 AM »
Not that it probably matters to most of you by now, but yeah, not dead yet, mod is updating day before Christmas, deal with it I guess, and Happy Holidays. :P

But more seriously, it's been a bit of a long haul with real life and family to take care of in addition to expanding my gaming horizons and the occasional streams and whatnot, not to mention other projects also cutting into NR's time and focus. <.<

* CHANGELOG *

=SINCE 5.21=

+ Weapon Bugfix: A critically annoying bug concerning the Shotgun randomly 'jamming' after switching characters was FINALLY fixed after having been around since the inception of the multi-character system. Hint to all future developers of mods like this, make sure the player struct called "random_club_frame" is reset to 0 upon switching characters. The problem was linked to having the shrinker/expander [or any weapon with a 'glowing' component] selected on one character and then switching straight to another character currently equipped with a Shotgun.
+ Jump Mechanics: Jumping is redone. No more sudden decceleration and reacceleration in midjump when jumping really high. Crouching and then jumping causes you to jump very low [the old system meant if you released crouch while in the middle of the jump you suddenly went from hugging the floor to launching into the air XD]. Also, air-jumps are now only 2/3s as powerful as a normal ground-launched jump. Crouching while falling will also SLIGHTLY increase a character's falling resistance to help reduce potential impact damage.
+ Display Bugfix: Fixed it where having undamaged SuperArmor would cause the description for damaged/used Super Armor to display in the inventory screen if you highlight it's blank spot holder.
+ Bug Fixes: Fixed a bug where invulnerable monsters can kill or affect a player by getting within range of one of their deployed Holoforms.
+ Feature Change: ATMs are changed. Cancelling from Deposits, Withdrawls and Wire Transfers go back to the options screen after an account login instead of completely logging the character out.
+ Feature Change: If you hold extra Duke3D-inventory items in your main inventory, you can press that item's respective button to give the current character one of that item if he/she is not currently carrying one directly already. [Applies to Portable Medikits, Holoforms, pairs of Night Vision Goggles, Jetpacks and Vitamin Xs]
+ Feature Change: Picking up a Duke3D-inventory item when the character has a partially depleted item of that kind in use, will instead put the item into the main inventory instead of refilling the partially-depleted item. [Applies to Portable Medikits, Holoforms, pairs of Night Vision Goggles, Scuba Tanks, pairs of Protective Boots, Jetpacks and Vitamin Xs]
+ Weapon Change: Pressing "4" will now cycle two firing modes for the chaingun, for those bitching at me they want the old chaingun back, you can now switch between bullets and rockets. :P
+ Displays: The weapons bar will show "4B"/"4R" and "5G"/"5S" to designate which mode of weapons 4 and 5 are current in use.
+ Worldtiles: A new set of 64 worldtiles have been added to the game's code, making up a total of 256 [from 192].

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top