Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• February 24, 2020, 05:48:39 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Half-Life 2: Episode Three  (Read 55181 times)

Puritan

• Share my sacrifice
    • View Profile
Half-Life 2: Episode Three
« on: October 22, 2007, 06:07:52 PM »
Yep, episode three is on the way.
November issue of PC Gamer had a first look at the third part of this adventure.

Beware that there is spoilers about the ending of episode two when you open the link to PC gamer. It's ok to follow this link though:

http://halflife2.filefront.com/news/HalfLife_2_Episode_Three_Featured_in_PC_Gamer;35730
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:29:54 PM by eralp »
-If the bees disappear,we would only have four years left to live.-
(Albert Einstein)

-Hail to the king, baby!
http://duke3d.bur.st/index.php

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Half-life 2: Episode three
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 12:59:52 AM »
Oh wow - seems like they are putting some of the stuff they scrapped for HL2 to good use (IIRC the first level in HL2 was originally.. a ship called Borealis)
"heh, a sidenote, IŽd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonŽt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Weebl

• Get the f*** outta my kitchen!
    • MSN Messenger - cs_weebl@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 03:27:49 AM »
What they said just then was basically all that happened in episode 2.
I don't speak French so yeah :angry:

Wouldn't surprise me if the Gman was an older version of Gordon Freeman, or was his father or something weird like that  ^_^

Life, Dealth... There is no end

Telee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 03:29:56 AM »
Oh wow - seems like they are putting some of the stuff they scrapped for HL2 to good use (IIRC the first level in HL2 was originally.. a ship called Borealis)

Nah, in the beta the first "level" was the train. The Borealis was later in the game, after the Air Exchange. At least, that's what it says in Raising The Bar.

Looking forward to Episode 3 btw :)

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 03:32:04 AM »
well ok, the borealis was in the game anyway

About the G-Man.. I'd rather they didn't reveal more than is necessary. It would take away from the mystery surrounding his character, which would suck :(
"heh, a sidenote, IŽd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonŽt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 07:35:42 AM »
I think Gordon is looking more and more like the G-man, although it would be pretty pointless to go to the past and make yourself do the same stuff over and over so...

I really hope the Portal Gun is presented in a rusty way like the Gravity gun, not impeccable like in the game Portal.

Weebl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 10:54:17 AM »
I dought they will add in the portal game to episode 3.
They will more than likely add in another gun which would have an awesome function.

Such as a Matter transformer?

...Just an idea :/

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 11:14:48 AM »
I don't think they are going to leave Portal's sucess on a side... although I do think that the perfect time to implement the Portal gun is in EP3 given that most people can now play HL2 with it by modding it. It's glitchy I know...but the novelty will wear off really soon. Hopefully It will be the Portal gun with a few new things here and there...

Weebl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 11:20:42 AM »
It may be an awesome game but combining Portal and hl2... well.. they may be from the same game but combining Gladdos and the Gman would just be a bit too much.

Puritan

• Share my sacrifice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 01:09:01 PM »
I really hope the Portal Gun is presented in a rusty way like the Gravity gun, not impeccable like in the game Portal.

You can poke around with the portal gun in HL2 already, even if it isn't rusty. -_-

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/14370/Play_Half-Life_2_With_The_Portal_Gun.html
(Albert Einstein)

-Hail to the king, baby!

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 01:14:16 PM »
Did you read my post? :)

Puritan

• Share my sacrifice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 01:51:43 PM »

About the G-Man.. I'd rather they didn't reveal more than is necessary. It would take away from the mystery surrounding his character, which would suck :(

I very much agree with you. -_-
(Albert Einstein)

-Hail to the king, baby!

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 11:37:28 PM »
I don't think they are going to leave Portal's sucess on a side... although I do think that the perfect time to implement the Portal gun is in EP3 given that most people can now play HL2 with it by modding it. It's glitchy I know...but the novelty will wear off really soon. Hopefully It will be the Portal gun with a few new things here and there...

I don't think that's a good idea - Portal was really designed from the ground-up to be played with the Portal gun (evidently). It was the whole point of the game. However Half-Life's point is elsewhere and to be honest I don't think having the ability to use the Portal gun in the normal HL game would be very pleasant.

Last.fm

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 11:44:31 PM »
Well apparently you haven't checked the HL2 with portal gun's gameplay videos, it is insanely fun, to surprise combine soldiers from behind or when they throw a grenade at you you make a portal on the ground and a portal on their back, and it explodes on them  :wacko:

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 12:09:55 AM »
Yes but does it remain fun for the entire game? I think one of the reasons people like Portal so much is because it's short and puzzle-based. In HL2 you'd use the Portal gun just to mess with the enemies rather than using them in an efficient manner to get past obstacles (like in Portal).

So really, if it's just going to be used in the way "well ppl liked it in portal soooo" then don't bother. It's fine for a mod, but in the actual game Valve would release.. no thanks, unless they made the HL gameplay more like Portal but I'd rather they didn't.

Last.fm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top