Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• September 19, 2019, 03:25:12 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Release: UTDM - The Abyss  (Read 6675 times)

Loke

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
    • Email
Release: UTDM - The Abyss
« on: March 06, 2008, 01:40:00 AM »
A small and simple DM map for UT99, just something I made for fun. Being my first ever publicity released as well as my first real serious map I'd appreciate some criticism (constructive or bash ;) ) be that in architecture, weapon placement, bot support etc. And yeah, it's pretty much inspired by the Abyss map from Duke Nukem 3D (the Battlelord part).

Download -> ModDB - 2.17MB

Check the readme file for installation instructions.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 01:10:59 AM by eralp »

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
Re: The Abyss
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 09:14:35 PM »
Tried this about two months ago, played a few rounds with a friend then with some bots. The scale is a bit too big and there are hardly any details. If you had made it smaller it'd have looked less empty and adding details would have been easier. But anyways, I'm not sure the end of E1L5 is a fit deathmatch area since it's just an open room.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Loke

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Abyss
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 05:17:21 AM »
The idea actually came from the DN64 port since the Abyss level is split into two seperate parts. The first part is the canyon leading up to the alien spaceship and then the actual Battlelord arena. I played a dukematch with a few bots on that particular part and that's basically what made me do it.

Anyway, thanks for your post. I agree with pretty much what you said. The scale is just too big, even the original isn't of that size (can say that I didn't think of it that much until a few days after I uploaded it). I didn't add too much details either because I wanted it to closely resemble the original as much as possible. Of course what'd you expect from two days of work. :D

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top