Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• September 18, 2019, 07:42:48 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: IMPORTANT: Looking for Voice Actors/Actresses for NR roles. >_>  (Read 7215 times)

Lord Misfit

• Naferia's Reign Creator! :D
    • ICQ Messenger - 558371243
    • MSN Messenger - clint20@neo.rr.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mlabs2001
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lordmisfit2003@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yeah, I know you guys have probably heard me go on about this in the past, but this time, I'm serious enough about it. I have finally got a microphone again and have started doing the voices for my own characters, and have found a couple of potential people for a couple of other characters.

However with there being over a dozen playable characters in the mod alone, a couple of people aren't gonna be diverse enough to float the entire game's set of characters, especially since I can hardly voice act worth a spicy meatball. :P

So yeah, I'm asking out about this in an actual topic this time because 5.05 will have 3 or 4 characters starting to have voice lines for their typical actions in the game[grabbing things, one-liners, damage-sounds, etc], and from there hopefully we can fill in the gaps more and more.

Note: none of the in-story scripts are ready. For now I'm asking for people to supply stuff like I said above, the basic lines like items, taking damage, one-liners, etc.

If you're interested in doing a/many voice(s) for NR, please follow this important guideline or two:

Mainly, I want a clear sample of your NORMAL voice saying something for about 3 or more seconds so I can get a decent idea of how you sound.

Secondly, if you want, you can send files of yourself doing voice impressions of other characters, but you need to make sure to inform me who the character your impersonating is, and where they're from. I'm not going to know every media/game character in existance and knowing is important to seeing how good you're impression is. This is optional however. Only the primary voice sample is necessary.

Basically I'll go over your voice and see if it might match any of the characters in the game, and if I find a role I'll contact you back. For this reason, it's best to either e-mail me or MSN me[or AIM me, whatever you can do].

And that's all I need to say for now. Like I said, 5.05 seems to be more of a voice-update than a code update at the moment, but it's gonna be a while before I upload it regardless of the turn out. :P

============
EDIT:
============

Updating the post with a list of roles that apparently have been filled for now:

Main Characters:
Jack Walker [VA: "Lord Misfit"]
Bubsy Bobcat [VA: "denten02"]
ESSence Margalan [VA: "Lord Misfit"]
Lisa Bates [VA: "Vero-chan"]
Maken Shinkara [VA: "Vero-chan"]
Cybanis Morgandos [VA: "Davidos"]
Minako Aino [VA: "Trollitrade"]
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 05:36:14 PM by Lord Misfit »

http://naferia.duke4.net/ - Naferia's Reign: Invasion of the Dark Mistress (For Duke Nukem 3D w/ EDuke32) Version: 5.22.12242012

Version 5.23 will be released sometime after: ?

Dr. Kylstein

• View Profile
Re: IMPORTANT: Looking for Voice Actors/Actresses for NR roles. >_>
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 04:46:41 AM »
I still remember I had offered to give this a shot. I won't bother you with the numerous lame excuses for not having done it yet. I have one real problem though, which is that a strange noise shows up in my recordings, beginning subtly and becoming louder as the recording continues. (The recording quality in general could be better, but I think that's to be expected from consumer devices.) Noise or none, once I have free time, I intend to fulfill my promise. (Even lack of free time shouldn't stop me since I have a recording I've already made for school.) Sounds and voices for game and mod projects is the very reason I have a microphone.

Lord Misfit

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 04:56:58 AM »
@_@ I actually forgot that you even offered to help out at one point, not to mention I wasn't really trying my best to remind people too often due to not having my own microphone until very recently.

Anyways, I don't know if I can help you any with the problem you speak of though.

http://naferia.duke4.net/ - Naferia's Reign: Invasion of the Dark Mistress (For Duke Nukem 3D w/ EDuke32) Version: 5.22.12242012

Lord Misfit

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 02:18:04 PM »
Update: I got a bunch more voices for the rest of Lisa's lines[items, pain sounds, etc], and the VA for her also did Maken's one-liners, so they'll also now be in the 5.05 release. I also put up a new topic of special interest. :P

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 04:42:28 PM »
nice to see you found a VA for one of the female characters :)

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top