Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• September 18, 2019, 08:19:43 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sound types not compatible??  (Read 9468 times)

colonel_sanders

• View Profile
sound types not compatible??
« on: May 07, 2008, 06:45:42 AM »
I am trying to change/modernize duke3d sounds by replacing existing *.voc files via *.wav files.  I managed to replace some of the duke sounds via user.con file linking and gave warcraft III creep sounds to the duke monsters. That worked so far.

But when I start taking sound wav files from here : http://www.fpsbanana.com, duke3d won't play those wav files for some reason. Heres what I did:

---- downloaded wave file

--- tested it, played it and it works

--- copy/paste to duke3d directory

--- goto user.con in duke3d directory

--- rewrite  XYZ.Voc file with New.wav file. save the con file.

When I ran the game, there doesn't seem to be error messages nor the the log even say anything. Some how the sound doesn't play.

Am I missing a step?? How do I make the weapon sounds from fpsbanana.com to work with duke then??

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
Re: sound types not compatible??
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 09:09:24 AM »
Eduke32 Supports OGG, why not use that instead? Besides I think there is a pack already.

colonel_sanders

• View Profile
Re: sound types not compatible??
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 02:28:59 AM »
You mean its possible to just implement .ogg files instead of .voc files? Actually if you have modded other games before than you might know fpsbanana.com, lots of mods for 3d games.

Yes I took a sound file, namely from the c-strike sound sections. They are flat out wav files so no conversions needed to play.

I took a file for m4a1 and m249saw for c-strike-source. Tried multiple, plays on windows media and winamp but not on duke... strange.  You could try getting those files to test, but I am wondering if it has to do with Duke3d being too old for modernized sounds. I also converted the formats to 8bit-mono-11khz but that didn't work.

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top