Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• March 19, 2019, 10:48:43 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Do YOU want to be in the AMC TC?  (Read 42021 times)

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Do YOU want to be in the AMC TC?
« on: June 09, 2008, 01:25:54 AM »
Well then, here's your chance! One of the main maps of the AMC TC is the AMCB - one of many dotted around the world. It wouldn't be an AMC base without any of our regulars there though. If you want to be featured as a NPC in the map, or anywhere else in the TC for that matter (maybe as a helping hand or something) than all you need to do is supply me with a character sprite for yourself. A single frame will do, but of course having a full rotation would be awsome.

There's several areas in the base map you can be situated:
-The labs, helping the scientists find out just what the fuck Sang killed on his last mission
-The Armoury, supply weapons and ammo to people like me who don't know the meaning of the word '1-shot 1-kill'
-The Foodcourt, because god only knows that Merlijn has an appetite, and who are we to deny him?
-The Vault, where powerful artifacts are kept sealed away from people like Mikko who'd only use them to get rich or something
-The Alchemy lab, containing many ancient artifacts and stuff which Zaxtor would probably blow up
-The barracks, where much to Highwire's misfortune only burly men hang out (who knows maybe a woman will drop by or something HAHAHAHAH)
-Outside, since Rusty and Geoffrey swore they could totally see a chick in the shower in the apartment block next door

There will also be a database of characters in the TC in the form of a manual - if you want to make up a fictional backstory or something for your ingame self go right ahead :ia!:

Geoffrey

• AMC Staff
  • elitist faggot
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Do YOU want to be in the AMC TC?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 01:29:46 AM »
since Rusty and Geoffrey swore they could totally see a chick in the shower in the apartment block next door

just what the fuck is that supposed to mean!??!!?!!?!
We'll build our own Tripods. Ours will have 4 legs...

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 01:31:30 AM »
since Rusty and Geoffrey swore they could totally see a chick in the shower in the apartment block next door
just what the fuck is that supposed to mean!??!!?!!?!
well ok it might of just been Rusty who said that

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 01:39:39 AM »
I'd love to be some kind of helper NPC in a scene or two, problem is I don't have the artistic skills/tools/knowledge to make my own sprite.
well it doesn't matter if it's based on sprites from another game like the Doom marine or Duke himself, if that helps :)

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 01:58:03 AM »
all the time in the world :3

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 03:10:51 AM »
I don't know what my sprite should look like, because my avatars are all of non-original fictional characters.  It doesn't make much sense to have Iron Man from Marvel Comics at AMC headquarters.
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 03:22:16 AM »
I don't know what my sprite should look like, because my avatars are all of non-original fictional characters.  It doesn't make much sense to have Iron Man from Marvel Comics at AMC headquarters.
I think with a basic colour swap and maybe messing around a bit with the face could work to distinguish it from Iron Man somewhat. Other than that, finding a robotic style character shouldn't be too difficult in anycase :)

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 03:32:48 AM »
I think with a basic colour swap and maybe messing around a bit with the face could work to distinguish it from Iron Man somewhat. Other than that, finding a robotic style character shouldn't be too difficult in anycase :)

Hey, instead of having DeeperThought sitting around at AMC, DeeperThought could be the name of AMC's mainframe computer.  After all, my screen name was inspired by Deep Thought, the computer from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy who calculated the answer to the ultimate question of Life, the Universe and Everything (modest of me, eh?).
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 03:48:03 AM »
Hey, instead of having DeeperThought sitting around at AMC, DeeperThought could be the name of AMC's mainframe computer.  After all, my screen name was inspired by Deep Thought, the computer from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy who calculated the answer to the ultimate question of Life, the Universe and Everything (modest of me, eh?).
Now that's a great idea - it makes sense as well (y)

Cody

• Ling Ling Into Battle Go!
    • MSN Messenger - codynz3000@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 01:10:07 PM »
Hey look, Its me The Commander  (y)
(when I was still young)  ^_^
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 01:16:04 PM by The Commander »

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 06:27:32 PM »
Yeah.. that's not really a character sprite.
"heh, a sidenote, IŽd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonŽt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Telee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 09:34:56 PM »
I think he wants you guys to make it :o

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 10:32:56 PM »
Haha keep dreaming Commander  ^_^

blizzart

• ICQ Messenger - 458184698
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 01:32:02 AM »
It would be funny if Commander would work in a computer shop and sells a copy of DNF.
"This might be the only game in history worth waiting 12 years for, perhaps longer.... It was good." -Jason Hall after playing DNF

Cody

• Ling Ling Into Battle Go!
    • MSN Messenger - codynz3000@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 07:25:01 AM »
It would be funny if Commander would work in a computer shop and sells a copy of DNF.

NO IT WOULD NOT!!!  :angry:
More like The Commander launching an attack on 3DR Realms and AMC members have to stop him.  (y)
Pages: [1] 2 3

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top