Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strife  (Read 3203 times)

PencilPusher93

• "Kiss my shiny metal ass."
    • View Profile
    • Email
Strife
« on: July 23, 2008, 01:53:20 AM »
I recently bought this game off ebay for 5 euro's, and I am really surprised of how good this game is. 'Thought it was going to be your usual 3D Shoot em' up, but its actually pretty cool. I love the story and the plot, and the idea of going around doin' quests is great aswell. Great variety of weapons and keys and stuff like that aswell. Overall, i would give this game  4/5. EDIT: Another great game with ID Software's DooM engine, and a job well done, Velocity.  -_-  (y)  EDIT:   . [It's not better than DOOM, though. Please, post on what you think this game is like aswell if you have it.                          :ph34r:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 09:25:10 PM by eralp »

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Strife
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 04:46:31 AM »
Good game yes but not made by iD as far as I can recall :o
"heh, a sidenote, Iīd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonīt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 06:23:09 AM »
Strife uses ID ĻDoomĻ engine, but itīs made by Velocity

i liked that game also but it was very hard to play for me in those times because my english was far worse than now.

Geoffrey

• AMC Staff
  • elitist faggot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 01:37:31 PM »
Pretty awesome game - it's really story-driven and it has some awesome weapons and enemies. They only downsides were the fact that the chick you're supposed to go see is constantly talking, which is kindof embarrassing when you're playing it in your teenyears with your family in the same room "AND YOU'RE ONE STEP CLOSER... TO ME! RRRR", and the fact that I never managed to finish it! I was supposed to meet some guy, accidentally shot him, and then I didn't know where to go or what to do.
We'll build our own Tripods. Ours will have 4 legs...

Daedolon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 04:50:25 PM »
and the fact that I never managed to finish it!

Please do, I didn't finish it back in the 90's either, but after I replayed it in 2004 or something, I managed to complete the game. It's really worth it. There's three endings if I recall correctly, at least two.

It's really hard to decide, but either Strife or Hexen is my favourite Doom engine game. I've always loved hybrid-FPSes and Strife is one of the best. It was so beyond its years and yet was overlooked by the fact that it used the "old Doom engine", I think I should dedicate a fan site for it in the near future.

Geoffrey

• AMC Staff
  • elitist faggot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 06:22:36 PM »
For me I'd say Hexen wins it with ease, I can't tell you how often I've played it in my younger years and always felt like I was actually travelling through some distant world. The sounds, attention to detail, puzzles.. aw
We'll build our own Tripods. Ours will have 4 legs...

PencilPusher93

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 02:55:26 AM »
Was not really a fan of Hexen, but I tried to get back into trying to complete it, but I just never got around to it. Plus I did some research into it and it was the last game to use the DooM engine. I really love the intro at the start, and the way the chick guides you around the game is cool. Please, more comments on your opinion.                   :ph34r:

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 06:39:37 AM »
@Pencilb: i have some port for playing Strife if you want, it has polymost rendering and some models, itīs named VaVoom engine but if you canīt purchase it, i can send it to you.

eddym4814

• AOL Instant Messenger - eddym4814
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 08:24:23 AM »
I run Strife with the Zdoom port. It's very easy to set up and you can run it at a higher resolution. Is is my one of my favorite rpg/fps games right up there with the first HeXen. There are two possible ways to go  depending on if you kill the resistance leader first or one of the demon things first. I played it all the way through both ways. Also there are a few user made maps for Strife on the net.

PencilPusher93

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 03:15:53 PM »
@Pencilb: i have some port for playing Strife if you want, it has polymost rendering and some models, itīs named VaVoom engine but if you canīt purchase it, i can send it to you.

Cool, I'm going to search it up.                                  :ph34r:

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top