Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• June 19, 2019, 06:11:23 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Another Timeless Night  (Read 20370 times)

Nancsi

• hi
    • View Profile
Re: Another Timeless Night
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 03:46:57 PM »
I never liked this map, because it has too many enemy hordes that always irritates me.
Duke is framed for murder and must kill everyone to prove his innocence

Sobek

• There's coffee in that nebula!
    • MSN Messenger - Zero_Wren01@Hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 09:05:03 AM »
Btw Forge, you might want to look into that pixellation in your screenshots, using some of that anisothropidopic (yeah whatever!) in Eduke some. Might look more nice and smooth. :)
I have that anisothropideoposturic...yeah, whatever exactly...at 16x. I thinks it just the graphics program i use to adjust the brightness contrast of the dark screen shots. Here's a couple that have been sharpened. I could probably get them better if I messed with the program some more.

Anyway my settings are:
texture filter: nearest

If there's something that could be set better, let me know.

See that bolded one I did there? Change that to Trilinear. Anistotropic Filtering isn't going to be of much use with that set to Nearest. And don't worry about the performance, at worst you'd see a 1 or 2 fps drop from using Trilinear. ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 09:08:05 AM by Sobek »
No, I will not fix your computer.

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 09:06:49 AM »
Whatīs wrong with nearest filter?

nearest and near_nn_near are the best looking ones.

Sobek

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 09:10:23 AM »
What´s wrong with nearest filter?

nearest and near_nn_near are the best looking ones.

Apart from being a horrible pixellated mess? The only reason I can see to use the nearest neighbour filter with the HRP is to try and retain some of the old-school software stylings of Duke while still supporting all of the newer features. But in my opinion it's just beyond ugly and looks horrible in screenshots.

*edit*

Make sure you view it at full size. Would you honestly choose the horribly pixellated Nearest filter over the Trilinear there? :/
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 09:20:16 AM by Sobek »

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 09:34:14 AM »
mmm not sure if we are talking about the same, nearest filter looks better for me, and not like your screens, maybe has to be with each particular configuration. I use near_mm_near and anistrosopic filter tap 16. I know that the sprites looks more pixeled with it, but i prefer it than seeing the game blurred. In addition, the spritework tends to have leaks between sprites with the trilinear filter, thatīs one of the reasons why i leaved to use it, when i was working on Blown Fuses the letters against the spritework walls (for example) made like a transparent corona around them.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 09:38:39 AM by Gambini »

Sobek

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 09:41:16 AM »
Ahh, no problem. Probably is just something between videocards (trilinear's overall quality is affected by things like your mipmap detail levels set in your videocard control panel and such). Whatever works for you... I'm using all ATi parts here with Duke, so I only ever use it with an x800, x1900, 2900xt or 4870. What about you?

..Argh. Sorry for the offtopic guys.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 09:44:08 AM »
I never looked at those configurations, i will take a look to them. I have a GeForce 8600GT 512dd3 by the way.

Watch for yourself the difference:

EDIT: I just checked my configuration, all the filters are disabled or choosen by aplication, so i have no pre-filtering.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 09:46:41 AM by Gambini »

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 11:07:30 AM »
I agree with Gambini.  Seeing some pixels is better than making everything blurry.  Besides, my eyes are getting bad and I need glasses; the extra blurriness just makes it worse.
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »
I'm running the same video card as Gambini, so I have the same default settings. The application, not the video card, determines the quality. I could over ride that, but I don't see why I must, the game itself should be able to provide a high quality output. The default settings on my video card are already at quality over performance so I'm thinking its either the graphics program I use to edit the screen shots or there's a setting in Duke's video options that's not set right.

And I'd rather look at a somewhat pixelated map than a blurry one. I'll try changing from nearest to near_nn_near and see if that takes some of the pixelation out.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 06:25:20 AM »
my eyes are getting bad and I need glasses; the extra blurriness just makes it worse.

Iīm sorry by your eyes, but you stated in a hilarious way  ^_^(y)

@Forge: The point here is if you see the game the same way that your screenshots show. If you donīt, you have not to worry about. I would not play with my configuration just because some people dislike my screenshots.
Pages: 1 [2]

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top