Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• August 19, 2019, 08:39:10 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: LEBuild - an advanced map editor for DN3D  (Read 31035 times)

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: LEBuild - an advanced map editor for DN3D
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 08:16:03 AM »
Today i checked my spam folder and noticed Avira actually answered my false positive report, but in russian  :huh:. Maybe you Lezing can tell me if they removed your editor from the list?

Уважаемые дамы и господа,

благодарим за ваше письмо в лабораторию анализа вирусов Avira.
Номер заказа: INC00685913.

Мы получили следующие файлы архива:

ID файла Имя файлаОбъем (байты)Результат
26044055 leb103i.rar371.9 KBOK

Список файлов и результатов, содержавшихся в архивах, приведен ниже:
ID файла Имя файлаОбъем (байты)Результат
26044056 LEBuild.exe 1.32 MB FALSE POSITIVE

Точные результаты по каждому файлу вы найдете в следующем разделе:
 Имя файлаРезультат LEBuild.exe FALSE POSITIVE

Файл 'LEBuild.exe' отмечен как 'FALSE POSITIVE'. In particular this means that this file is not malicious but a false alarm. Образец распознавания будет удален при одном из последующих обновлений файла определения вирусов (VDF).

Вы также можете просмотреть результаты анализа по следующему адресу:
http://analysis.avira.com/samples/details.php?uniqueid=SO5vdCY4LJCfArmULAKnGFGI3zTIdEPW&incidentid=685913

Zusätzlich finden Sie eine Übersicht aller Einsendungen hier:
http://analysis.avira.com/samples/details.php?uniqueid=SO5vdCY4LJCfArmULAKnGFGI3zTIdEPW

Примечание: Пожалуйста, обращайтесь со специфичными вопросами по адресу support@avira.de
С уважением,
Лаборатория анализа вирусов Avira

---------------------------------------------
Avira GmbH
Lindauer Str. 21, D-88069 Tettnang, Германия
Телефон: +49 (0) 7542-500 0
Факс: +49 (0) 7542-525 10
Адрес в интернете: http://www.avira.de

Коммерческий директор: Тьярк Ауэрбах
Место нахождения: Г. Теттнанг
Торговый реестр: суд низшей инстанции г. Ульм HRB 630992
---------------------------------------------

The program works now BTW  (y)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 09:10:43 AM by Gambini »

Jan Satcitananda

• Just to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 09:43:56 AM »
Nice to know that they have solved the problem. You can view analysis results by clicking on the link in the report.
File "LEBuild.exe" has been marked as false positive and will be removed from the virus detection file at following updates.
Lezing Entertainment presents The LAST PISSED TIME Chapter I

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 08:02:28 AM »
My map is crashing when i hit the top view map key and type dnshowmap. Not always, but most of the times. So i decided to use Lebuild´s map problem lists. So far it fixed lot of problems that i would never have found by my own instead.

There are things like "sector´s size not power of 2" or "height value not power of 2" textures may look wrong. I don´t get that, these textures look as any other.

But nothing darkens the amount of problems your tool fixed in my map today  (y) i still have to check if automap doesnt crash now though.

EDIT: I figured out what that was and fixed it in my map, great bugs reporter it has  (y)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 10:02:11 AM by Gambini »

Jan Satcitananda

• Just to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 12:35:19 PM »
Automap is prone to cause EDuke32 to crash in some maps; that problem is present in my LPT map too. The possible reason is stuff like one-unit wide sectors which weren't used in 3DR levels but are common in modern usermaps. The automap ceases to crash if the 32-bit mode is used, so my guess is that automap's sector drawing procedure is buggy and needs to be fixed.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:42:54 PM by CraigFatman »

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 06:30:55 PM »
Automap is prone to cause EDuke32 to crash in some maps; that problem is present in my LPT map too. The possible reason is stuff like one-unit wide sectors which weren't used in 3DR levels but are common in modern usermaps. The automap ceases to crash if the 32-bit mode is used, so my guess is that automap's sector drawing procedure is buggy and needs to be fixed.

Yeah i know. However, yesterday i ran several complex maps (yours included) used automap and zoomed in and out a lot of times and i didn´t get any crash. My map crashes as soon as i put the textured automap. Just to be sure, i fixed all the texture problems Lebuild pointed out, to the point where it says "no errors were found" but it doesn´t help. I don´t want people complaining about crashes because they used automap. The last thing i can try is to make all those thin sectors a little wider.

Jan Satcitananda

• Just to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 06:46:28 PM »
They definitely need to fix that buggy textured automap routine... also, does your map crash in both software and Polymost modes or that's software mode only? I can say that Polymost can render the textured automap in LPT without crashes. In software mode, it crashes in some locations (try to walk through the dark hallway in the beginning with dnshowmap cheat).

However, this is what I wrote in LPT's template:
EDuke32 behaves very unstable when viewing textured 2D-map, so avoid using it.

I can agree that it wasn't a good idea to ask ppl not to use the automap on a level with lots of puzzles and backtracking. If you want automap to work stable, try to use at least two-unit wide sectors...
Pages: 1 [2]

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top