Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• February 23, 2019, 05:25:58 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 59

Author Topic: News From Around The World  (Read 167703 times)

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: News From Around The World
« Reply #525 on: March 04, 2010, 08:40:30 AM »
There is this kind of scum in every place of southamerica (maybe in other places too). They´re just waiting the proper moment to take advantage. They´re the same puppets that political parties move here and there to get benefits which they don´t deserve. They don´t and wont work ever in their lifes, they get unemployed bills for every familiy´s member and are paid to stay there making crowd for things they don´t even are aware of.

by that kind of scum we live as we live. They´re the leechs of this fucking society.

and yeah, i misleaded your point, it´s just that i recall when in 2001, when Fernando De la Rua left the presidential position. They were plundering supermarkets, and the only thing they wasnt carrying was food.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 05, 2010, 08:52:43 AM »
The Obama Administration doesn't want to label the Armenian genocide as genocide: http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/03/04/turkey.armenia/index.html?hpt=T2

The House Foreign Affairs Committee narrowly passed a measure Thursday recommending that the United States recognize the 1915 killings of ethnic Armenians in Ottoman Turkey as genocide.

The Obama administration had urged the House Foreign Affairs Committee not to pass the resolution, warning it could damage U.S.-Turkish relations and jeopardize efforts to normalize relations between Turkey and its neighbor Armenia. The two do not share formal diplomatic relations.

What a coward.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #527 on: March 06, 2010, 11:43:02 AM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/mar/05/bild-open-letter-greece-papandreou

After yesterday's call by two German politicians that Greece sell off islands, historic buildings and artworks before receiving aid, the German tabloid Bild has written an open letter to the Greek prime minister George Papandreou:

Dear prime minister,

If you're reading this, you've entered a country different from yours. You're in Germany.

Here, people work until they are 67 and there is no 14th-month salary for civil servants. Here, nobody needs to pay a €1,000 bribe to get a hospital bed in time.

Our petrol stations have cash registers, taxi drivers give receipts and farmers don't swindle EU subsidies with millions of non-existent olive trees.

Germany also has high debts but we can settle them. That's because we get up early and work all day.

We want to be friends with the Greeks. That's why since joining the euro, Germany has given your country €50bn.

Ouch!!   ^_^
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 06, 2010, 11:45:30 PM »
The Greek are against both cutting spending and increasing taxes (kinda like Californians!), which just goes to show how utterly stupid people are.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 16, 2010, 01:24:02 AM »
http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100409/FOREIGN/704089884/1011/rss

Elham Mahdi al Assi, a 13-year-old girl, died from severe haemorrhaging and the rupturing of internal organs as a result of sexual intercourse, just five days after she was married.

Her death follows a number of high-profile child marriage cases that have shaken Yemen and, activists hope, may go some way towards bringing about a law that would establish a minimum age for marriage.

“However, we find that the legal position is difficult as the law does not criminalise the husband who forces his wife into sex or rapes her. But we have asked for a forensic medicine report as this is a lethal attack.”

More than half Yemen’s girls are married before they reach puberty, according to UN figures.

The latest incident comes amid a controversy over proposed legislation to set a minimum age for marriage.

Thousands of conservative women protested outside parliament last month in opposition to the law, answering a call by Islamist parties. Some days later, hundreds of women’s rights activists held their own demonstration at the same venue in support of the law.

A number of clerics followed that up by issuing a fatwa last month in which they banned setting an age for marriage on grounds it goes against Sharia.

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #530 on: April 16, 2010, 03:06:06 AM »
Not all is lost, however, because those women have protested without being murdered later! Now that's a sign of progress.
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 22, 2010, 12:07:30 AM »
http://freethinker.co.uk/2010/04/20/what-a-surprise-south-park%E2%80%99s-mobear-depiction-ignites-muslim-fury/

THE portrayal of the “prophet” Mohammed disguised as a bear in the 200th  episode of South Park has pissed off a frothing band of jihadi jerks, who are now growling threats at the popular TV series’ creators.

On Sunday, Revolutionmuslim.com  posted an entry that included a warning to South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone that they risk violent retribution

Revolutionmuslim got itself hacked earlier today. Visitors to the site were confronted with this home page:

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 23, 2010, 08:38:18 PM »
Some euronazi declares tourism a human right:

AN overseas holiday used to be thought of as a reward for a year’s hard work. Now Brussels has declared that tourism is a human right and pensioners, youths and those too poor to afford it should have their travel subsidised by the taxpayer.

Under the scheme, British pensioners could be given cut-price trips to Spain, while Greek teenagers could be taken around disused mills in Manchester to experience the cultural diversity of Europe.

The idea for the subsidised tours is the brainchild of Antonio Tajani, the European Union commissioner for enterprise and industry, who was appointed by Silvio Berlusconi, the Italian prime minister.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article7100943.ece

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #533 on: April 23, 2010, 09:16:09 PM »
First time I hear about that, that's quite ridiculous.
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 02, 2010, 06:51:44 AM »
Fascists are once again trying to ban Tintin in the Congo (Tintin au Congo): http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8648031.stm

A Congolese man is trying to get a controversial Tintin book banned in the cartoon star's home country of Belgium.

The ginger sleuth's "little (black) helper" in Tintin in the Congo is seen as "stupid and without qualities", Bienvenu Mbutu is quoted as saying.

"It makes people think that blacks have not evolved," said Mr Mbutu, who lives in Belgium.

A court is to rule on whether the book can be sold in Belgium and, if so, whether it should carry a warning.

Nevermind the fact that the book was published in the '30s. I guess this Mbutu guy is a bit "stupid and without qualities".

And "updating" your old work is blasphemous anyway, not to mention stupid:

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #535 on: May 02, 2010, 07:31:47 AM »
I don't think anybody would care if it was a white guy who was presented as "stupid and without qualities"..

Last.fm

HighWire

• Survival
  • The ConstruKction of Light
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #536 on: May 03, 2010, 04:04:48 AM »
Hah, yeah, I noticed this on the news earlier on. I have the entire Tintin collection in my possession ever since I was a kid. I actually looked it up in my bookcase and I can understand why this man finds it offensive.

But banning books is just wrong. I'd say, reissue it with a disclaimer and call it a day. If won, cases like this can only set an example for censorship on satire, and I presume we all know what happened last week!

Anyways, I feel like I'm 10 years old again! Browsing through those comic books was major nostalgic moment. :D
"...I need to code in Rusty's balls as well." - James

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 03, 2010, 04:35:21 AM »
I'd say, reissue it with a disclaimer and call it a day.

This should be up to the publisher, not the state. If the state forces the publisher to put a disclaimer there, then we might as well start putting disclaimers on practically all books that someone might deem offensive, such as disclaimers warning of "offensive content" on biology books, which is exactly what they have done in some school districts (not on state or federal level of course as it'd be unconstitutional) in the US.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #538 on: May 03, 2010, 04:59:17 AM »
So we lost our government again this week because both Flemish and Wallonian politicians hunger for power and money.

This whole bilingual situation is pretty damn stupid but the problem is basically this: in Flanders, you can only vote for Flemish parties and politicians. The opposite applies in Wallonia. However, around Brussels  there are some municipalities that are technically in Flanders, but have many French-speaking people living there.. and for some reason there's some kind of opening in the "voting regions" border there, because in those Flemish towns one can vote for Wallonian politicians.

This means that Wallonian politicians can get Flemish votes. Naturally this pisses off the Flemish because there is no reverse situation where they can get votes from Wallonia. So now there's this whole bitchfight going on with "you guys need to stop stealing our votes" on one side and "no we don't" on the other. Negotiations about fixing the problem obviously fell through again this week because - as well established over the course of history - politicians are power hungry.

Meanwhile more ignorant media is trying to sell the story that this problem is because Flemish people don't want French-speaking people in their towns and the politicians are just speaking on their behalf, which is, of course, pure 100% grade A bullshit.

So the government is gone which means re-election time! That's right, I don't care much for politics whatsoever and I have to go vote. I think I'm gonna vote for the party that seemed the least interested in this whole voting region problem. It's a right-winged party but hey, seeing as how things in and around Brussels are going down the shitter real fast these days maybe that's just what we need..
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 05:01:54 AM by Sang »

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 03, 2010, 05:08:40 AM »
It's stupid to have a supposedly united country with a political system that breeds partisanship and therefore makes it much harder for the country to work as a single entity.

Quite likely people would stick with their own linguistic groups even if they were allowed to vote across linguistic lines (I've voted for the Swedish People's Party though but that's because they're the most liberal party) but this is just a further argument for full partition.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 59

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top