Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• February 24, 2020, 06:00:28 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HL2: Development  (Read 9349 times)

Weebl

• Get the f*** outta my kitchen!
    • MSN Messenger - cs_weebl@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
HL2: Development
« on: March 05, 2009, 06:15:24 PM »
Not sure if i posted this on AMC or not, but i've been working SLOWLY on a mod for half-life 2  over the past few months, it's coming a long well but no where near a demo release yet.

Story Line:
Staring at the tiled ceiling, wondering why you had to pull the trigger that night. Rolling out of bed and looking around the room at the small artifacts you have left from once called home.
Standing up and walking out of the cell to the door revealing a huge prison full of guards overwatching the prisoners. Walking out of the cell and heading down the cat walk, you hear someone whispering something to you..

"I hear they are taking us away from the prison for some sort of experiment, we have a plan on getting out of here but you have to pitch in or we are all fucked"

Development is a half-life 2 modification purely made out of dev textures of which the player takes place in a combine prison where you live the life as an ordinary prisoner, until you are told of human DNA experimentation going on behind the locked doors of which the prisoners are used as text subjects.
Do not take a step into the laboratory unless you wish to be eaten by something more than just a zombie.

Pictures:

For more info, go to www.moddb.com

Also if anyone would like to give me a hand with things such as models, music, skinning or voice acting, let me know and I'm sure we can sort something out :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 07:15:15 PM by eralp »

Life, Dealth... There is no end

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Development
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 11:02:37 PM »
your story has too many participle structures bladiblabla but it looks alright :)
"heh, a sidenote, IŽd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonŽt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Weebl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 09:29:34 AM »
haha thanks Sang. I wanted to try and go for more of a professional description instead of my old on which wasn't using any good descriptive nouns.

EDIT:
Podcast!

The first pod update for the mod Development where i introduce myself and explain a few things about the mod. All comments, suggestions and criticisms are welcome as long as they have a reason to back them up.

Link to youtube or go to moddb.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 06:09:42 PM »
I guess I suck at listening comprehension but I find that New Zealand dialect rather difficult to understand.. If I focus on it I can tell what you're saying but when I started browsing around the intarwebz with it playing in the background then I really don't have a clue.

As for the actual content: I'll check it later when I can concentrate on it for 10 minutes
"heh, a sidenote, IŽd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonŽt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Cody

• Ling Ling Into Battle Go!
    • MSN Messenger - codynz3000@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 06:48:19 PM »
Nah, your not the only one finding it hard to understand. Seeing is that it was his first podcast I could detect a lot of hesitation in it.

[grow them balls already] :)

Weebl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 07:33:10 PM »
Stuff you Cody. I agree i was talking rather quietly and didn't talk with as much enthusiasm, but that's because it was just me talking and i didn't really know what to say even though i scripted what i was going to say before i did the recording.
Next podcast will be more exciting and i may reveal more about the enemies and show some decals and model render's with someone else so that'll be a bit more exciting.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 07:40:09 PM »
i didn't really know what to say even though i scripted what i was going to say before i did the recording.

Huh? Then rewrite your script so that you don't have to doubt your own words while reading from it.

Last.fm

Cody

• Ling Ling Into Battle Go!
    • MSN Messenger - codynz3000@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 07:59:59 PM »
Stuff you Cody.

No one calls me by my first name,  :angry:
It was a joke dude.

Weebl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 06:57:23 PM »
i didn't really know what to say even though i scripted what i was going to say before i did the recording.

Huh? Then rewrite your script so that you don't have to doubt your own words while reading from it.

I rewrite them twice and did a practice one where i just rambled and that turned out shit. What i didn't do was speak as if i was actually talking to people instead of just reading off a screen. I just need more practice doing that as i do actually talk to people over the mic a lot but when it comes talking to myself, it's not always easy.

EDIT:
Podcast #2 and a news post has been added to the modb profile.

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top