Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• December 09, 2019, 10:56:55 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Anymore Golden Oldies?  (Read 39264 times)

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone know anymore golden oldies?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 04:51:42 AM »
I don't know, perhaps I don't like my fellow countrymen as much as I had thought. If it had been an American game then sure!
"heh, a sidenote, Id not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wont work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Rusty Nails

• ICQ Messenger - 156850845
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 05:10:14 AM »
That doesn't make much sense!
Quote from: Geoffrey intoxicated
fuuuuck going down the stairs was like a
good duke nukem level
gameplay 9/10

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sebastianfritzon
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Rusty_Nails/

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 05:12:58 AM »
Well, God (or in this case: I) moves in mysterious ways!
"heh, a sidenote, Id not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wont work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 08:55:44 AM »
American McGee's Alice or FAKK 2, but the way the camera pans around in those games they can get annoying.

Cody

• Ling Ling Into Battle Go!
    • MSN Messenger - codynz3000@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 12:54:06 PM »
Not really a FPS, but a very good old game non the less if you can find it. "Blood Omen: Legacy Of Kain"
Has a very good story line and some of the best voice scripting Ive herd in a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_11r1yE3FI&fmt=18#t=3m43s

« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 01:03:18 PM by The Commander »

Geoffrey

• AMC Staff
  • elitist faggot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 04:01:53 PM »
American McGee's Alice or FAKK 2, but the way the camera pans around in those games they can get annoying.

FAKK2! Definitely. Too bad there aren't as many sexual puns as there could've been but still an awesome game :)
We'll build our own Tripods. Ours will have 4 legs...

Rusty Nails

• ICQ Messenger - 156850845
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 04:45:01 PM »
Currently downloading Outcast. I remember one time after we (brother and I) bought in 1999, a friend of mine accidentally broke the CD. My bro was pissed at me, but he e-mailed the developers and they kindly sent a new one free of charge.

Haven't the slightest clue where that CD has gone now though.
Check out the official website gallery for the game. It's great, especially the behind the scenes videos and such!
Quote from: Geoffrey intoxicated
fuuuuck going down the stairs was like a
good duke nukem level
gameplay 9/10

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sebastianfritzon
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Rusty_Nails/

Franpa

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anymore Golden Oldies?
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 08:02:36 PM »
Blood 2 the choosen (a bad game but can bring you some minutes of fun).
Tried playing it once (many many summers ago) but it didn't work properly, not sure what the problem was anymore. Might have been video or audio-related. May have to try again.
If you value your soul Sang, don't.
Computer specifications:
Windows 7 RTM x64|Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ|ASUS P6T mb|6 gig ddr3 1600|500g SATA2 HDD|X-FI ExtremeMusic|NvidiaGeforce 8800gt 512MB PCI-E|Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower Power Supply|Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 10:43:41 PM »
Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force

Looks sorta interesting, I thought "Star Trek isn't really my thing" but you said you don't have to be a Trekkie. So maybe I'll check that out.

American McGee's Alice or FAKK 2

I've known about these two games for a long time but sadly they never interested me. They look pretty mediocre, really.

Not really a FPS, but a very good old game non the less if you can find it. "Blood Omen: Legacy Of Kain"
Has a very good story line and some of the best voice scripting Ive herd in a game.

Gameplay itself looks pretty unique but in the vid you linked to the main character (Kain, I guess) was talking almost all the time which would put me off of it a bit, I think. I suppose he was just talking a lot because it were the first levels and many things needed to be explained to the player but I think having a box pop up with a hint that the player can read is the best way to do it. yeah yeah "breaks my immersion" whatever, at least you can then try to understand it at your own pace, I had no idea what the guy was talking about when explaining the purpose of some power-ups.

Also I'm willing to give Outcast another chance. Still have the original big-ass box of the game we bought 10 years ago. Never managed to play it on my first PC though, it did work on another one I had but didn't find it very interesting then (perhaps because I wasn't in the mood for exploring and stuff then)

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce dsert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 01:45:13 AM »
If you guys played online shooters you'd never have the problem of not having anything to play.

- Sin Episodes

This is an excellent game, though short. I'd make it my priority to get it.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Telee

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2009, 05:12:25 AM »
If you guys played online shooters you'd never have the problem of not having anything to play.

This. I'm sure Sang would be able to run Battlefield 2, maybe 2142.

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 05:15:20 AM »
Maybe I don't always feel like playing with other people, being the bitter depraved sociopath that I am. Battlefield 2 does look like fun though and I will hopefully get to try it before the game dies.

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce dsert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2009, 06:14:40 AM »
You can go lone wolf if you want, so you'd spend most of your time killing people, not helping them or working with them. You're not restricted by teamwork, but you're free to utilize its benefits.

Anyways, games like BF2, BF2142 and ETQW provide a sense of freedom: you can do all kinds of stuff. TF2, which you're familiar with, is more confined in what you can do though it provides alternatives too compared to, say, CS.

BF2 isn't dying any time soon, btw. XFire ranks it as one of their most played games.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Sang

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2009, 11:03:44 PM »
Well yeah but playing lone wolf in a multiplayer game seems contradictory. Then you might as well play an SP game where being a lone wolf is the game's focus - this means that the lone wolf-part of it all will be much better polished than in an MP game where there are many different options.

Of course, a good MP game would make sure that every playing style (= tactics that go beyond "choice of weapon" and classes) is interesting but I found only TF2 has managed this, out of the MP games I've played.

TF2 is an example of what I mean comparing lone wolf MP to lone wolf SP. Yes, it is certainly more confined than the other games you mentioned but as a consequence, in Yahtzee's (Zero Punctuation) words, TF2 is "polished to a mirror shine". Less content, but much better quality of the existing content. The other games might be bigger, but may or may not have the potential to be really lame in various areas.

Last.fm

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2009, 02:40:45 AM »
Well yeah but playing lone wolf in a multiplayer game seems contradictory. Then you might as well play an SP game where being a lone wolf is the game's focus - this means that the lone wolf-part of it all will be much better polished than in an MP game where there are many different options.

But killing other players is a lot more fun than killing bots.
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials
Pages: 1 [2] 3

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top